162 replies to this topic

#1 Bring It

Bring It

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,984 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

These High Wire Acts are 90% hype..........10% substance.

They blow into town, bleed the franchise to the bone, and then produce like an NCAA Div. III nothing.
Time and time and time again.

Relax...........the desperate Aint's just got HOSED.

#2 WOR

WOR

Captain Fancypants

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,948 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

I just find it odd that no one else wanted to pay Byrd that money,except the bills…..

Why did almost every safety needy team pass right over him?

#3 Rise_Up_504

Rise_Up_504

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

View PostWOR, on 11 March 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

I just find it odd that no one else wanted to pay Byrd that money,except the bills…..

Maybe he turned them down because he wanted to play for someone he thought was an immediate ontender. Which teams got safeties today?

Edited by Rise_Up_504, 11 March 2014 - 09:14 PM.

#4 Dem Birds

Dem Birds

AKA DemBirdsCanFly

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,986 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

He's a good player but they made a mistake. Not the right time for them to sign the highest priced free agent. Just stupid honestly.

#5 Bring It

Bring It

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,984 posts

Because every EXPERIENCED  GM  has seen this movie before.............and know the ending.

#6 Lornoth

Lornoth

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

The fact he was one of the last safeties off the board this year should tell you he's not worth the money.

#7 Mike Kenn

Mike Kenn

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

This is true. Remember the Eagles a few years ago with Nnamdi, Asante, and company? They were supposed to be great, but they were just great flops

#8 cnasty

cnasty

Even Elvis keeps his pimp hand strong

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Not calling out OP in particular, but 90% of this board wanted Byrd.  Now, he's a stain, and everybody is saying he's trash.  Kinda laughable.

#9 Sun Tzu 7

Sun Tzu 7

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,879 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

He's good but he's not the safety people here we're hyping him up to be.

He doesn't have elite speed but has good instincts which help make up for it.

I went back and watched the all 22 of when we played the Bills and saw a fundamentally sound player but I didn't see how people here were saying he was possibly the best FS in the league.

He's not a guy you can line up in the middle of the field and expect him to make plays everywhere like Reed & Polyamu did in their prime.

#10 Dharma Initiative

Dharma Initiative

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,800 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

Safety is the least vital position on defense and no safety is worth close to what he got

I'm not upset at all, he and Graham should keep building on that debt the Aints keep pushing back

#11 crankdatfalcon

crankdatfalcon

Falcons fan since 95..

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,399 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

View Postcnasty, on 11 March 2014 - 09:29 PM, said:

Not calling out OP in particular, but 90% of this board wanted Byrd.  Now, he's a stain, and everybody is saying he's trash.  Kinda laughable.

You are right..it is very laughable how folks are downplaying him right now..the saints made a **** of a signing and I commend them on it. Byrd and vaccaro will be a great duo for years to come.

#12 Sun Tzu 7

Sun Tzu 7

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,879 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

Some of us weren't sold on him but I also find this humorous.

#13 theonenotthe2

theonenotthe2

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

Wishful thinking. It is what you all are supposed to say when you rival adds a really good player. It is no different than when Saints fans dismiss the Falcons' signings.

To me, both are silly. Bottom line, these teams will fight to the death when they meet. Byrd makes an already young and stout defense better. Likewise, Soloai and Jackson make the Falcons better. And as I said in another thread, if the Falcons draft Khalil Mack I think they will be really good on defense. Mack can have the type of impact that Kuechly has had in Carolina.

One other point. Revis actually did not play poorly for the Bucs. He did not return to his pre-ACL days but he was very good. But he was not going to put the Bucs over the hump. They had other issues last season and a coach who did not know what the heck he was doing out there. The problem with the Revis signing is that it is too much money and too much to give up for a guy that you are now about to release. That's the troubling thing for the Bucs.

I think we all should just accept that our division is going to be tough and no one is going to just sit around making dumb moves for the most part. I question the signing of Michael Johnson but the Bucs added Verner who is a talented CB. We know the Panthers have a solid defense. So, again, it'll be a battle. No one will lay down.

#14 falcon057

falcon057

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

Jairus Byrd -- Are you freaking kidding me with this contract? $54 million over six years with $28 million guaranteed. Byrd is a stud but the Saints are/were cap-strapped -- and have yet to sign Jimmy Graham to a long-term deal -- so it's almost impossible to figure out how they pulled this off. Whatever. Byrd got REAL rich with this contract and his decision to play out the string on his franchise tag with the Bills looks extremely smart. T.J. Ward

#15 Lornoth

Lornoth

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

For everybody that wanted byrd there were three that didn't for the very reasons being stated. They just didn't start 5 topics a day about not wanting him.

#16 Romfal

Romfal

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

I'm not worried, they have what Keenan Lewis and Corey White playing CB? They will get burned all day.

#17 WOR

WOR

Captain Fancypants

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,948 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

View PostRise_Up_504, on 11 March 2014 - 09:13 PM, said:

Maybe he turned them down because he wanted to play for someone he thought was an immediate ontender. Which teams got safeties today?

Eagles. 49ers. Both are equal or better

Pittsburgh.

#18 BreesusHChrist

BreesusHChrist

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

View PostBring It, on 11 March 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

These High Wire Acts are 90% hype..........10% substance.

They blow into town, bleed the franchise to the bone, and then produce like an NCAA Div. III nothing.
Time and time and time again.

Relax...........the desperate Aint's just got HOSED.

Ohhh, I see. So, you would not have wanted Byrd? That is hilarious!! From what I remember, Revis did good for the Bucs last year. It must be so depressing coming off a bad year like last year and seeing all your division rivals getting better while your team signs TYSON JACKSON. Dimitroff is probably only concerned with what type of hair gel he will put in his hair tomorrow morning. Falcon fan...smh!!

#19 ‡Julio Jones‡

‡Julio Jones‡

Willy Monday

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,680 posts

Yeah, it's a bit suspect. I can understand saints hate but atleast be consistent.

#20 BreesusHChrist

BreesusHChrist

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

Bingo!!! Including the OP!! Lol!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users