Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Kenn

How The Saints Will Afford Byrd?

19 posts in this topic

I was shocked, but thinking about it, the cap is going up soon. They will be able to afford him once the cap is higher. Smart move. Backloading contracts now makes so much sense right now. We should be doing the same thing

Yeah. They are just backloading the he11 out of deals right now knowing that Brees will retire in 3-4 years and they will be back to the drawing board. They are trying to win a SB now to clear the rumor that the only reason they won the first one was because of bounty gate. Once you break up Brees/Payton, you see what happens to their team.

No we shouldn't. Our QB isn't 35 years old.

But regardless of the QB situation does it matter? When Brees retires they will have even more money to play with and they can find a new guy in the draft. Right?

But regardless of the QB situation does it matter? When Brees retires they will have even more money to play with and they can find a new guy in the draft. Right?

Well sure. But the browns, raiders, and bills, and jags have been able to afford players and draft a new QB for years and they still suck.

Well sure. But the browns, raiders, and bills, and jags have been able to afford players and draft a new QB for years and they still suck.

I dont know, I guess I just dont understand how they can afford the guy. All I heard was "They are screwed, they are screwed" and just like that they sign the biggest Fa on the market. I just dont understand all the numbers behind this stuff

I dont know, I guess I just dont understand how they can afford the guy. All I heard was "They are screwed, they are screwed" and just like that they sign the biggest Fa on the market. I just dont understand all the numbers behind this stuff

People need to remember this when bitching about Ryan's cap hits are going to kill us.

Exactly. Last I heard they were maybe 9 mil under the cap with all the guys they released. Then you franchise Graham which if he gets the WR tag, they have to pay him 11 mil (not sure if all of that is cap hit when you franchise). You still have to sign your rookies. Where did the extra several million come from to take care of his cap hit this year???

Exactly. Last I heard they were maybe 9 mil under the cap with all the guys they released. Then you franchise Graham which if he gets the WR tag, they have to pay him 11 mil (not sure if all of that is cap hit when you franchise). You still have to sign your rookies. Where did the extra several million come from to take care of his cap hit this year???

Maybe they are looking to just trade all of their draft picks this year haha

I don't like it. They just hope the cap goes up every year just barely enough for them to make a move or resign their own players.

Nobody wants the Taints to make any good moves. Byrd knew the Saints would pay him bank that's why he's there, once he's on his final years Brees may retire but even if they do draft a good QB, they'll never have another Drew Brees, you can count on that.

I was shocked, but thinking about it, the cap is going up soon. They will be able to afford him once the cap is higher. Smart move. Backloading contracts now makes so much sense right now. We should be doing the same thing

Yea but why would he even sign that deal. Its about guaranteed money and if then saints back loaded guaranteed money there going to be F'd very soon. This very well could have ended the Jimmy Graham era in NO's plus if he wins his appeal he'll get more than double what they tagged him at.

Maybe they end up cutting some other guys plus they'll have to pay Cam Jordan soon to.