Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

outofsight2484

Byrd And Saints Agree To 6 Yr Deal

135 posts in this topic

Matt Ryan is going to pick his *** apart for 6 years too. I'm sure not scared of him. Just became a hated rival. Lol

Ya, with that impressive O-Line protecting Ryan to pick apart one of the better safety tandems in the league. We've been beating on the Saints for years.

Bartholomew and LotsaPoppa like this

This is a luxury signing...and the Saints really weren't in position to make luxury signings. This is a good thing for the NFC South in my opinion. Another significant contract on their books even though they just cut half their offense. Oh, and they still haven't had to absorb Graham's hit yet.

I'll hold on declaring Loomis a genius until he puts their offense back together, and fills the holes created on their DL.

It's ok.. its the same issue we had last season, a weak DL and LB core, but a good secondary (well, minus Decoud, our secondary was good) - a good secondary does not matter if your front 7 suck, and with the saints cutting half their team, im not worried.

And they keep doing this, which is what made them have to cut so many players this year. Signing Byrd is just asking for the same situation in 2-3 years, they will have 3-4 players with 60+ million alone, and have to cut everyone else to keep them. Byrd is not worth the price hes asking/going to get (above 8M I'm assuming)

This is a luxury signing...and the Saints really weren't in position to make luxury signings. This is a good thing for the NFC South in my opinion. Another significant contract on their books even thought they just cut half their offense. Oh, and they still haven't had to absorb Graham's hit yet.

I'll hold on declaring Loomis a genius until he puts their offense back together, and fills the holes created on their DL.

or rookies they have so many holes to fill i wonder if this will be a declined contract by the NFL
AndrewsFrancisBart likes this

It's ok.. its the same issue we had last season, a weak DL and LB core, but a good secondary (well, minus Decoud, our secondary was good) - a good secondary does not matter if your front 7 suck, and with the saints cutting half their team, im not worried.

And they keep doing this, which is what made them have to cut so many players this year. Signing Byrd is just asking for the same situation in 2-3 years, they will have 3-4 players with 60+ million alone, and have to cut everyone else to keep them. Byrd is not worth the price hes asking/going to get (above 8M I'm assuming)

their front 7 is fine tho, unless they are cutting ppl

I think they have the best safety tandem in the NFL now. This move doesn't bother me much because I didn't expect him to land here anyway.