2014 Falcons Offseason(Salary Cap/draft/free Agency)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 atljbo

atljbo

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,215 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

Also with the salary cap....PFF is reporting that it will be a little more then 127 mil... So we might have more money to play with

#22 g-dawg

g-dawg

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,887 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

i cannot take original credit for the Alex Mack signing - it was suggested in another thread by someone else(1989fan) - and I retorted,  "yeah but we have Hawley and Konz" - the more I started thinking about it,  I said to myself  "Self, Hawley and Konz suck - Hawley is a free agent - Konz looks lost - self, go get you a real dayum center and Solve the dayum problem!" Posted Image

#23 etherdome

etherdome

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

As always, nice work g-dawg.

I like the plan, but I would adjust it by signing Jon Asamoah, instead of Mack.  

Despite a lousy first season, I think that Konz is a legit starting Center in the making.  I don't think that TD will give up on him just yet.    Instead, I see him adding an experienced top-ranked RG and parking him between Konz and Shraeder.  In that way, the right side will develop quickly.  

I also think that the first step is to upgrade our OL coach.

#24 LookAboutFalcon

LookAboutFalcon

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

Solid as usual G-dawg but, unrealistic when it comes to the free agent side.

I would keep Babs one more year on a cheap deal like we did Mud Duck, for rotational and leadership purposes, I believe Babs is the heart and soul of our D.

Also you did not address FS.  Toilolo and Marcel Jensen as our TE's, not feeling that at all.

Like the draft picks besides McCullers.

Grade: B -

#25 rugger8

rugger8

Give Blood. Play Rugby.

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

View Postg-dawg, on 12 December 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

i cannot take original credit for the Alex Mack signing - it was suggested in another thread by someone else - i retorted,  "yeah but we have Hawley and Konz" - the more I started thinking about it,  I said to myself  "Self, Hawley and Konz suck - Hawley is a free agent - Konz looks lost - self, go get you a real dayum center and Solve the dayum problem!" Posted Image
I like your free agents in this.
If we can't get Mack, I'd try for DeLa Puente. One way or another, we need a guy who knows how to make line calls and can hold up. Mack is pretty elite, which may be better than necessary, if we can't get him. That's where we need to just get it right. I'd like to pick our franchise LT early in this draft, an immediate starting RG, and then let the rest of our OTs (and OGs) figure out who the RT will be. To me, that's improvement from the top (the LT & C), causing improvement at every other position on the line. If we get a comp pick, I'd also look to pick up an extra OG to compete behind Blalock.
2nd round - Gabe Jackson    Love it
3rd round  - Daniel McCullers(DT)-6'6", 351lbs-Tennessee  Love it- may be available in the 4th, but I want him, so I'm good taking him early
4th round  - Jeremy Attaochu(OLB)-6'3", 242lbs-Georgia Tech Love it- I think he'll be a great pass rusher in either a 3-4 or 4-3
5th round  - JC Copeland(FB)-6'1", 270lbs-LSU Love it
6th round  - Aaron Murray(QB)-6'1", 208lbs-Georgia    I get it- I like it
7th round  - Marcel Jensen(TE)-6'6", 270lbs-Fresno State    

#26 rugger8

rugger8

Give Blood. Play Rugby.

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostLookAboutFalcon, on 12 December 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

Solid as usual G-dawg but, unrealistic when it comes to the free agent side.

I would keep Babs one more year on a cheap deal like we did Mud Duck, for rotational and leadership purposes, I believe Babs is the heart and soul of our D.

Also you did not address FS.  Toilolo and Marcel Jensen as our TE's, not feeling that at all.

Like the draft picks besides McCullers.

Grade: B -
I can't see Babs going for that. He's been hugely durable, and very productive. At 32 he's nearing the end of his career, but because of his solid health could land a 3 or possibly 4 year deal, and won't be super cheap (probably 4M a year, I'd guess). He's been one of my favorite Falcons for years, and I'd like to keep him until he retires, but if we can't get him on our terms, I would prefer to let him walk.

#27 FalconFanSince1970

FalconFanSince1970

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,724 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

G-Dawg you couldn't wait til next month could you? You might need to seek help bro. Anyway did you leave out the carryover cap $$s?

#28 g-dawg

g-dawg

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,887 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostFalconFanSince1970, on 12 December 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

G-Dawg you couldn't wait til next month could you? You might need to seek help bro. Anyway did you leave out the carryover cap $$s?

one of us needs help....i will let the board decide who...

#29 FalconFanSince1970

FalconFanSince1970

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,724 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

View Postg-dawg, on 12 December 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

one of us needs help....i will let the board decide who...
That's easy. It's the one who does 249 mocks every year. Anyway where's the carryover cap money?

#30 BirdonaWire88

BirdonaWire88

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

Just don't think the Browns will let Mack get away very easily.

#31 Tuggle'14

Tuggle'14

The Hammer!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,841 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

I really dig it.

#32 JulioisCoolio

JulioisCoolio

Veteran Falcon

• Banned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,959 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

dont think mack is going anywhere when they are about to bring in a rookie qb.

give me de lamaar houston from oak. draft clowney, cut osi. bookends for years.

#33 TheGsFinest

TheGsFinest

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

This is a Really Good Mock

#34 JOEinPHX

JOEinPHX

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

Posted Image

#35 m2Falcons

m2Falcons

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostJOEinPHX, on 12 December 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#36 JulioisCoolio

JulioisCoolio

Veteran Falcon

• Banned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,959 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostFalconFanSince1970, on 12 December 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

That's easy. It's the one who does 249 mocks every year. Anyway where's the carryover cap money?

at least he brings something to talk about to the boards. all you bring is whining, really dumb nicknames for just about everything and an unhealthy love for every player that gets cut.

#37 egoprime II

egoprime II

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostFalcanuck, on 12 December 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

I like everything about this mock, g-dawg, except for the safety position not being addressed. Sure, Motta has played well, but I don't see him as much more than solid depth.

Maybe instead of McCullers you grab Joyner, who is playing CB right now, but was a superstar at safety last year for FSU.
We absolutely have to come out of this draft with one starting material DT.  The best ones are usually gone after the third round.  We will be picking early.....we should have a pretty decent selection of DTs to choose from in the third.

If we make our D line better our secndary automatically is better.  But it rarely works the other way around.

#38 egoprime II

egoprime II

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

View Postg-dawg, on 12 December 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

just disagree.....you are talking about $2mm/yr extra cost for Mack over Schwartz and he's a much better player - we will just agree to disagree my friend.
Mike Mayock says that center is the most important O line position these days, more so than even an LT (though its close....).

Hawley's past ineptitude is what caused TD to draft Konz in the first place.  And now Konz's ineptitude.....and Hawley being in that notorious contract year.... is making Hawley look better than he is, IMO.

No way do I want to see Hawley retained as our starting center.  Backup, blocking FB, TE...those are ok for Hawley.

#39 roddyyoudaman

roddyyoudaman

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

I don't see us cutting DeCoud, even though I wouldn't be that against it. I just think he'll get another year/chance.

However, I think Roddy will definitely get his new deal done this off-season, which will definitely help our cap for 2014.

#40 bradbowski

bradbowski

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

I like this alot.  Completely agree that Babs should go and Peters is the one to keep from our DT.

C is a must fix and A. Mack would be great.

Personally I wouldn't draft another development QB.  We just did that last year.  Otherwise love the mock..... but I've actually heard of those guys and their schools play in top notch programs..... not very TD like!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users