Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JG2008

The Mike Smith Politics Of Antone Smith

43 posts in this topic

Regardless of whether A Smith was injured today on a kickoff this teams politics of not playing the best players has got to stop

Especially in a "lost season" That gave us the perfect opportunity to evaluate A Smith At RB if he gets 20+ touches a game

I don't know about you but especially in a lost season I would certainly rather see A Smith for kickoff returns and #2 RB rather than Jizz Rodgers to evaluate what Smith can do

I'm pretty sure he got hurt on the kickoff after the INT return. That dropped TD was the last chance he was ever going to get anyway.

Hmmm

Should we count how many dropped TD's

Our wide 1st string receivers have had over the last 4 years

And let's not forget S Jax's TD drop in the Saints game that basically

was the beginning of the end of this season

You can't just stop playing the guy because of 1 play

I'm pretty sure he got hurt on the kickoff after the INT return. That dropped TD was the last chance he was ever going to get anyway.

Trufant Island likes this

Hmmm

Im not disagreeing with you. I think he has done enough to deserve more touches. But as long as Smitty is our coach there won't be many backups getting chances to play unless injuries happen. Once you nail down a starting spot on this team you are golden.

Ridiculous in a lost season not to evaluate a player like that further since he has shown repetitive extremely positive flashes

Im not disagreeing with you. I think he has done enough to deserve more touches. But as long as Smitty is our coach there won't be many backups getting chances to play unless injuries happen. Once you nail down a starting spot on this team you are golden.

Mega Man and FalconJim like this

Ridiculous in a lost season not to evaluate a player like that further since he has shown repetitive extremely positive flashes

not to even mention the guys that have been on the innactive list every week without a shot.

Aftermath likes this

This antone situation is indeed BS.

With that being said, how did Schraeder look today? And I hope toilolo gets more time now that TG has reached a milestone.

Mike+Smith+Carolina+Panthers+v+Atlanta+Falcons+RhEw1QJzU-ul.jpg

That look says it all

He looks like a god damned stubborn idiot.

I hate that man He is so ridiculously outcoached its funny to watch

The thing about that though is Antone Smith isn't going anywhere. He's going to be here next season regardless. I truly believe that they're evaluating Steven Jackson right now to see if they want him to come back next year.

kew03 and me4falcons like this

The thing about that though is Antone Smith isn't going anywhere. He's going to be here next season regardless. I truly believe that they're evaluating Steven Jackson right now to see if they want him to come back next year.

I could see them doing that, but to give him no touches at all is ridiculous. I think he should take Quizz touches and Antonio Smith could take his spot next year but we will never know

I mean, all the guy has done is show flashes of brilliance in the few times he's touched the ball ----yet, he never got a touch on offense, today. It's a mystery!!! Stupid azz coaches...

I tried telling people that play was gonna hurt his chances.

The question isn't whether A. Smith has explosive speed, that much we know. The question

is can he do all things required to keep him on the field. Like can he recognize the blitz and pass protect?

Many good runners stay on the sideline because they can't pass protect. If they can't then they become

situational guys.

Roy likes this

The question isn't whether A. Smith has explosive speed, that much we know. The question

is can he do all things required to keep him on the field. Like can he recognize the blitz and pass protect?

Many good runners stay on the sideline because they can't pass protect. If they can't then they become

situational guys.

I wonder, how ever could we get some of these questions answered. Ahh, yes. Thus the point of this thread. Why not SEE what Antone is capable of. One of the top reasons I hate mike smith so much is because he doesn't give opportunities to guys who earn it. The only way guys get on the field is through injury. It has gotten really ridiculous. We see a guy like Decould marched out as the starter week after week even though he is clearly not the best option. This is a huge part of not being able to develop players. They can never develop if they never get game experience. It took an injury to decould to get Motta on the field. He coaches so scared of everything. He is so scared to pull a veteran and insert a rookie. He is too conservative for my liking. He just isn't the type of coach that is a game changer.

I wonder, how ever could we get some of these questions answered. Ahh, yes. Thus the point of this thread. Why not SEE what Antone is capable of.

I would like to see guys like Gunn, Robertson and Motta get more playing time. I mention it all the time.

To be accurate some vets are pulled for rookies. Nick plays behind Bartu for example. Alford is given snaps over Asante.

Toilolo over Coffman. Just a few examples. It does happen, maybe not enough but it happens.

Where Smith is in his development when it comes to pass protection, only the coaches know from practice.

I do recall a game 2 or 3 seasons ago where Smith was in on a 3rd down play. Blitz was on and Ryan threw to Smith.

But Smith never turned around. Instead he sprinted down field. Ryan was pissed and let him know.

I don't think Smith got another opportunity after that. It was like Alford fumbling a punt. One and done.

In a game like yesterday, no Rodgers, cold weather, lots of Lacy, Motta should have started over DeCoud imo.

I would like to see guys like Gunn, Robertson and Motta get more playing time. I mention it all the time.

To be accurate some vets are pulled for rookies. Nick plays behind Bartu for example. Alford is given snaps over Asante.

Toilolo over Coffman. Just a few examples. It does happen, maybe not enough but it happens.

Where Smith is in his development when it comes to pass protection, only the coaches know from practice.

I do recall a game 2 or 3 seasons ago where Smith was in on a 3rd down play. Blitz was on and Ryan threw to Smith.

But Smith never turned around. Instead he sprinted down field. Ryan was pissed and let him know.

I don't think Smith got another opportunity after that. It was like Alford fumbling a punt. One and done.

In a game like yesterday, no Rodgers, cold weather, lots of Lacy, Motta should have started over DeCoud imo.

but thats the problem. how do player ever gain experience and learn? one bad play and youre stuck on the bench permanently? we are lucky ryan threw a TD on his first pass or he may have been benched

Hmmm

I agree that Smith should have had more playing time over the last several weeks, but I don't agree with your last comment. At least I don't agree that it's correct in how the NFL works.

It's not just in Atlanta, but if you've got a minimum salary player, he's not getting the touches that guys who you are paying a lot to, even if he's showed that he's earned it. And when those minimum salary players blow a play, as a coach you're definitely going to pull them so that you don't have to explain to the owner why the guy he's paying $5 million to is on the bench while the guy making $300K is on the field blowing plays.