69 replies to this topic

#61 A-TowN.-

A-TowN.-

Move amongst shadows

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

Wrote one up for an impressive, underrated player Shaquil Barrett, DE/OLB Colorado State. Had some very good games this year. Pretty decent game versus Alabama as well, but got better as the season went on. He is not an athletic freak, and he won't impress with his combine (if invited), but he is a natural "football" player.

http://draftbreakdow...s-alabama-2013/

#62 A-TowN.-

A-TowN.-

Move amongst shadows

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

Okay well I think I found the quickest gap shooter in the draft. Yes, maybe even quicker than Aaron Donald. Roosevelt Nix, DE Kent State. He is incredibly quick and explosive off of the snap, and I would easily say it's one of the quickest Linemen I have ever evaluated. Just a great, physical player that left me saying "wow" several times. He is one of the few players to give Alabama fits back when their OL was considered "elite", and he has something you cannot teach: excellent quickness off the snap. Someone will get a steal with this guy, they just need to know how to use him. I would honestly spend a 4th on him, maybe a 3rd.

here's an old video of him vs. the almighty Alabama, and please watch the rest of those games on there just to get an idea of what I'm talking about. Makes linemen look like their in slow-mo.

http://draftbreakdow...s-alabama-2011/

#63 kiwifalcon

kiwifalcon

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,131 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

View PostA-TowN.-, on 11 December 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Okay well I think I found the quickest gap shooter in the draft. Yes, maybe even quicker than Aaron Donald. Roosevelt Nix, DE Kent State. He is incredibly quick and explosive off of the snap, and I would easily say it's one of the quickest Linemen I have ever evaluated. Just a great, physical player that left me saying "wow" several times. He is one of the few players to give Alabama fits back when their OL was considered "elite", and he has something you cannot teach: excellent quickness off the snap. Someone will get a steal with this guy, they just need to know how to use him. I would honestly spend a 4th on him, maybe a 3rd.

here's an old video of him vs. the almighty Alabama, and please watch the rest of those games on there just to get an idea of what I'm talking about. Makes linemen look like their in slow-mo.

Nice sight there A-town.

I had a look at a few DT's Hageman Sutton and Nix.

To me out of those 3 I thought Sutton  was a bit disappointing for mine he just got washed in alot of plays and I looked for penetration and an explosive first step and for me against USC & UCLA it just wasn't there.

The other 2 Hageman and Nix to me Hagerman is still very RAW he is brute strong though but relies on it to much I like the fact he can move his opposite at will though.

Much like Hagerman Nix is a brute also but is a more polished player he isn't flustered when engaging a double team is very quick for his size.

If I had to choose between the 3 its Nix I'd have.

Also having a look at alot of D-line players for me it still isn't close Clowney by a mile.

Edited by kiwifalcon, 11 December 2013 - 02:02 AM.

#64 m2Falcons

m2Falcons

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:12 AM

View PostA-TowN.-, on 11 December 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Roosevelt Nix is cat-quick for sure. That clip v. Bama shows how disruptive he can be.  But then again he is a LB playing DL and 30 lbs. light for NFL on a DL; can he play any LB position is a HUGE question.

#65 AndySG

AndySG

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

View Postkiwifalcon, on 11 December 2013 - 02:01 AM, said:

Nice sight there A-town.

I had a look at a few DT's Hageman Sutton and Nix.

To me out of those 3 I thought Sutton  was a bit disappointing for mine he just got washed in alot of plays and I looked for penetration and an explosive first step and for me against USC & UCLA it just wasn't there.

The other 2 Hageman and Nix to me Hagerman is still very RAW he is brute strong though but relies on it to much I like the fact he can move his opposite at will though.

Much like Hagerman Nix is a brute also but is a more polished player he isn't flustered when engaging a double team is very quick for his size.

If I had to choose between the 3 its Nix I'd have.

Also having a look at alot of D-line players for me it still isn't close Clowney by a mile.

Nix tore a meniscus this year and has struggled with tendinitis before, from what I'm told. Not what I'm after from a DT, no matter how well he had been playing. Knee injuries like that don't TEND to just go away. Certainly not when you're that size.

#66 kiwifalcon

kiwifalcon

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,131 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostAndySG, on 11 December 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

Nix tore a meniscus this year and has struggled with tendinitis before, from what I'm told. Not what I'm after from a DT, no matter how well he had been playing. Knee injuries like that don't TEND to just go away. Certainly not when you're that size.

I get that bit about the injury and I mentioned as much in another thread but if he comes back keeps his weight under control.

To me having a look whats available Nix is the best interior d-lineman in the draft.

#67 etherdome

etherdome

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostAndySG, on 11 December 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

I read, somewhere, that the injury was to the MCL, not the meniscus.  If it's the MCL, then I would definitely put him back on our board.

#68 DawgKramer

DawgKramer

Rookie

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Roosevelt Nix converts speed to power in a short area as well as anyone entering this draft.  You look at his physical makeup and think there is no way he should be able to do the things he does.  He will really need to show well in post season games.  Right now he lacks a defined position as he lacks length and his frame probably limited.  May find a defined role as a situational pash rusher from the interior.  But right now his size and level of competition requires good post season efforts.

#69 A-TowN.-

A-TowN.-

Move amongst shadows

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

Not needing a QB but I think Blake Bortles is the best QB that's draft eligible.

#70 Falkonator

Falkonator

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

Any chance you can do a write up of Deandre Coleman DT Cal and Brent Urban DT Virginia?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scouting report, draft, college players, evaluations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users