Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A-TowN.-

Player Evaluations

70 posts in this topic

Man, you nailed the Scherff summary in my eyes. I watch him and I see NFL RT. Done! I could so see taking him in the 2nd and putting the RT issue to bed once and for all in Atlanta.

I absolutely agree man. He would be a perfect fit for our RT spot. Get a vet OG and C in FA and our line looks 100xs better. He's definitely going to have to be selected with our 2nd though. Don't see him slipping past that.

Oh man...that Abbrederis kid is the next in the Welker/Amendola/Edelman mold.

no, he's not. He's in the Jordy Nelson mold.

A few others: Tyler Larsen C from Utah State; Kevin Danser RG from Stanford; and Kony Ealy who may come out and be there early in the 2nd

Nice eval on Scherff. Unfortunately he is staying for his senior year.

Yeah I just read that. I'm pretty pissed about that!

What about Martin Ifedi? I've never really seen him play, but his numbers are good in terms of sacks. I THINK he can come out this year. He's a junior, isn't he?

Great news for Aaron Donald. Today he was awarded the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, which is annually presented to the "nation's most outstanding defensive player". Would love this kid with our 2nd pick. I am promising you he will be a great starter for years.

Kayoh likes this

What about Martin Ifedi? I've never really seen him play, but his numbers are good in terms of sacks. I THINK he can come out this year. He's a junior, isn't he?

He is a junior and is a solid player, but his team mate, Kenny Anunike (DE), looks pretty good as well. Kenny has some solid burst off the snap.

Wrote one up for an impressive, underrated player Shaquil Barrett, DE/OLB Colorado State. Had some very good games this year. Pretty decent game versus Alabama as well, but got better as the season went on. He is not an athletic freak, and he won't impress with his combine (if invited), but he is a natural "football" player.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/shaquil-barrett-vs-alabama-2013/

Okay well I think I found the quickest gap shooter in the draft. Yes, maybe even quicker than Aaron Donald. Roosevelt Nix, DE Kent State. He is incredibly quick and explosive off of the snap, and I would easily say it's one of the quickest Linemen I have ever evaluated. Just a great, physical player that left me saying "wow" several times. He is one of the few players to give Alabama fits back when their OL was considered "elite", and he has something you cannot teach: excellent quickness off the snap. Someone will get a steal with this guy, they just need to know how to use him. I would honestly spend a 4th on him, maybe a 3rd.

here's an old video of him vs. the almighty Alabama, and please watch the rest of those games on there just to get an idea of what I'm talking about. Makes linemen look like their in slow-mo.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/roosevelt-nix-vs-alabama-2011/

Okay well I think I found the quickest gap shooter in the draft. Yes, maybe even quicker than Aaron Donald. Roosevelt Nix, DE Kent State. He is incredibly quick and explosive off of the snap, and I would easily say it's one of the quickest Linemen I have ever evaluated. Just a great, physical player that left me saying "wow" several times. He is one of the few players to give Alabama fits back when their OL was considered "elite", and he has something you cannot teach: excellent quickness off the snap. Someone will get a steal with this guy, they just need to know how to use him. I would honestly spend a 4th on him, maybe a 3rd.

here's an old video of him vs. the almighty Alabama, and please watch the rest of those games on there just to get an idea of what I'm talking about. Makes linemen look like their in slow-mo.

http://draftbreakdow...s-alabama-2011/

Nice sight there A-town.

I had a look at a few DT's Hageman Sutton and Nix.

To me out of those 3 I thought Sutton was a bit disappointing for mine he just got washed in alot of plays and I looked for penetration and an explosive first step and for me against USC & UCLA it just wasn't there.

The other 2 Hageman and Nix to me Hagerman is still very RAW he is brute strong though but relies on it to much I like the fact he can move his opposite at will though.

Much like Hagerman Nix is a brute also but is a more polished player he isn't flustered when engaging a double team is very quick for his size.

If I had to choose between the 3 its Nix I'd have.

Also having a look at alot of D-line players for me it still isn't close Clowney by a mile.

http://draftbreakdow...s-alabama-2011/

Roosevelt Nix is cat-quick for sure. That clip v. Bama shows how disruptive he can be. But then again he is a LB playing DL and 30 lbs. light for NFL on a DL; can he play any LB position is a HUGE question.

Nice sight there A-town.

I had a look at a few DT's Hageman Sutton and Nix.

To me out of those 3 I thought Sutton was a bit disappointing for mine he just got washed in alot of plays and I looked for penetration and an explosive first step and for me against USC & UCLA it just wasn't there.

The other 2 Hageman and Nix to me Hagerman is still very RAW he is brute strong though but relies on it to much I like the fact he can move his opposite at will though.

Much like Hagerman Nix is a brute also but is a more polished player he isn't flustered when engaging a double team is very quick for his size.

If I had to choose between the 3 its Nix I'd have.

Also having a look at alot of D-line players for me it still isn't close Clowney by a mile.

Nix tore a meniscus this year and has struggled with tendinitis before, from what I'm told. Not what I'm after from a DT, no matter how well he had been playing. Knee injuries like that don't TEND to just go away. Certainly not when you're that size.

Nix tore a meniscus this year and has struggled with tendinitis before, from what I'm told. Not what I'm after from a DT, no matter how well he had been playing. Knee injuries like that don't TEND to just go away. Certainly not when you're that size.

I get that bit about the injury and I mentioned as much in another thread but if he comes back keeps his weight under control.

To me having a look whats available Nix is the best interior d-lineman in the draft.

I read, somewhere, that the injury was to the MCL, not the meniscus. If it's the MCL, then I would definitely put him back on our board.

Roosevelt Nix converts speed to power in a short area as well as anyone entering this draft. You look at his physical makeup and think there is no way he should be able to do the things he does. He will really need to show well in post season games. Right now he lacks a defined position as he lacks length and his frame probably limited. May find a defined role as a situational pash rusher from the interior. But right now his size and level of competition requires good post season efforts.