#1 MemphibianDawg

MemphibianDawg

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

This story just popped up on my twitter feed:

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State freshman quarterback and Heisman Trophy candidate Jameis Winston is part of an ongoing investigation into a sexual assault complaint filed with the Tallahassee Police Department in December 2012.
Winston's attorney, Tim Jansen, said police contacted him in February 2013, but no charges were filed and Winston never has been interviewed by police.

Hoping the best for all involved.

#2 WOR

WOR

Captain Fancypants

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,935 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Sexual Assault is a huge deal and not to be taken lightly, but to this I say it is almost more likely a girl is making it up to get her share of fame or to screw Jameis over, than it is that he ACTUALLY did something.

Im in college. Jameis is a star and a heisman leading candidate. He doesnt even need to try to pick up women.....

#3 SacFalcFan

SacFalcFan

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147,280 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

then there is this..  http://media.247spor...147/1147966.JPG

#4 atl falcon 89

atl falcon 89

Professor

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,492 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

View PostWOR, on 13 November 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Sexual Assault is a huge deal and not to be taken lightly, but to this I say it is almost more likely a girl is making it up to get her share of fame or to screw Jameis over, than it is that he ACTUALLY did something.

Im in college. Jameis is a star and a heisman leading candidate. He doesnt even need to try to pick up women.....
Even if something DID happen, nothing I've heard so far indicates that he himself was the culprit only that he was involved enough with the situation to be brought in for further questions. (and that in of itself could run a ways on the culpability meter from potential accessory to just simply being in the area or knowing the victim/culprit) The description of the offender does not seem to match Jamies other than maybe race.

#5 mdrake34

mdrake34

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,682 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

That's a pretty harsh accusation to know nothing about this incident.  This allegedly occurred in December 2012.  He had been a highly touted recruit then, but wasn't a superstar yet.  Why don't we all let the investigation play out before jumping to conclusions?

#6 Threepac Daddy

Threepac Daddy

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

View Postmdrake34, on 14 November 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

That's a pretty harsh accusation to know nothing about this incident.  This allegedly occurred in December 2012.  He had been a highly touted recruit then, but wasn't a superstar yet.  Why don't we all let the investigation play out before jumping to conclusions?
this is america, everyone jumps to conclusions before hearing the full story

#7 WOR

WOR

Captain Fancypants

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,935 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

View Postmdrake34, on 14 November 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

I said it was likely. I never said what happened one way or the other.

And the whole athlete/women correlation is not new.

#8 WOR

WOR

Captain Fancypants

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,935 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

I love how you judge me for jumping to conclusions by jumping to a conclusion about me.

I never said he didn't do anything. I laid out a scenario. Did I say anything definitively? No. Now who is jumping to conclusions and judging?

Hypocrisy. Everywhere.

#9 mdrake34

mdrake34

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,682 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

I didn't judge you, I just said it was a harsh accusation.  I didn't say you were a bad person.

#10 mdrake34

mdrake34

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,682 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

On ESPN, Robert Smith called out Winston for not talking to the police.  One of the most ignorant tirades I've ever seen a sportscaster go on.  Yes Robert, Winston should waive his 5th amendment right against incrimination to make you feel better as a Heisman voter.  Idiot.

#11 dmite

dmite

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,831 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

I heard that the description given to the police on the accused (height and weight) was not even close to Winston's measurables. 5.8", 244lbs or something?

#12 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

View Postdmite, on 16 November 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

I heard that the description given to the police on the accused (height and weight) was not even close to Winston's measurables. 5.8", 244lbs or something?
police reports aren't always accurate.

#13 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

she hasn't even spoken to the media. She hasn't said anything since December.

#14 dmite

dmite

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,831 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

View Postyoungbloodz, on 16 November 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

police reports aren't always accurate.
Neither are eye witnesses.

#15 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

View Postdmite, on 16 November 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Neither are eye witnesses.
true.

#16 FalcFansince72

FalcFansince72

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

I spoke to him after the game he is in good spirits and still to this day claims innocent. I'm a booster for FSU all the way. He is a good kid this is an attack on his credibility. He will keep playing for us and he intends to countersue whoever brought this up.

#17 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

View PostFalcFansince72, on 17 November 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

I spoke to him after the game he is in good spirits and still to this day claims innocent. I'm a booster for FSU all the way. He is a good kid this is an attack on his credibility. He will keep playing for us and he intends to countersue whoever brought this up.
saying he is innocent to a booster means nothing. And nobody said he was a suspect.  Just part of an investigation. His lawsuit would be thrown out. Seems like his lawyers would tell him to shut up talking about it to anyone.  Especially when he isn't proclaiming his innocence to the cops

#18 joefalco

joefalco

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:24 AM

i am not saying he is innocent or guilty......but here is the latest update from espn.

http://espn.go.com/c...winston-accuser

#19 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

He is getting horrible legal advice IF he is innocent. Obviously he and the girl did something sexual for his dna to be in her panties. Kobe Bryant showed you the correct way to handle a rape allegation.

#20 ya_boi_j

ya_boi_j

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,600 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

He definitely smashed. My guess is he was to big for her and scarred her for life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users