Nfl On Fox: What Happened Between Jonathan Martin And Richie Incognito?

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

#121 Headshøt

Headshøt

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostRambler, on 06 November 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

The whole thing that got Incognito in trouble with most of the general public is that he dropped the "N" word when going after Martin. Without that, most of the general public laughs Martin off as a sissy. I get the impression from Incognito that he is the type of guy who would crack the skull of any white man on an opposing team who is phucking with any of his black teammates. Could he still be a racist? Absolutely, but I think what happened here is anything but a racist incident.
Except not ONE black dude on his team or even in the NFL has come out against him using that word. Like you pointed out, he has even been called an "honorary black man" by his black team mates.

It's okay white people, they gave us the go-ahead, we can stop acting like we're offended by this now.

#122 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,723 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

View PostRambler, on 06 November 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

The whole thing that got Incognito in trouble with most of the general public is that he dropped the "N" word when going after Martin. Without that, most of the general public laughs Martin off as a sissy. I get the impression from Incognito that he is the type of guy who would crack the skull of any white man on an opposing team who is phucking with any of his black teammates. Could he still be a racist? Absolutely, but I think what happened here is anything but a racist incident.
that is true. But I think all this blows over amd Richie will find another team soon

#123 mdrake34

mdrake34

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,957 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostCap Tipper, on 06 November 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Except not ONE black dude on his team or even in the NFL has come out against him using that word. Like you pointed out, he has even been called an "honorary black man" by his black team mates.

It's okay white people, they gave us the go-ahead, we can stop acting like we're offended by this now.

Warren Sapp today on the Dan Patrick show that Incognito called him the n word during a game, but he just thought he was trying to rile him up, wasn't really offended by it.

#124 †William Moore†

†William Moore†

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,567 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostCap Tipper, on 06 November 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

Wait a second, Martin is in the hospital for PTSD?

Not only am I absolving Incognito of all blame, I'm 100% in the Jonathan Martin is a massive vajina camp. Mother **** that guy, he has no business being in an NFL locker room. People have come back from wars without suffering PTSD and this ******* woman has the audacity to go to the hospital for being made fun of?

**** you, Jonathan Martin. Do the right thing and re-instate Incognito immediately, Miami.
Oh yeah, please reinstate this guy. The one that forces teammates to pay up 15,000 dollars for trips they don't attend, threatens to smack their mothers and kill them while at the same time being a racist little *****.
Please reinstate. It's what's right.

#125 Headshøt

Headshøt

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

View Post†William Moore†, on 06 November 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Oh yeah, please reinstate this guy. The one that forces teammates to pay up 15,000 dollars for trips they don't attend, threatens to smack their mothers and kill them while at the same time being a racist little *****.
Please reinstate. It's what's right.
Jonathan Martin was not forced at gunpoint to pay for anything.
He joked about and let team mates listen to Incognito's voicemail.
Not one black dude on that team remotely cares that he said ******
Everyone has Incognito's back, calls him their captain, and called him an honorary black man
No one has stepped up for Martin

Basically, there's no reason why this guy shouldn't be in uniform and on the field this Sunday. Unless you want to give all the power to white liberals and their faux outrage.

#126 mdrake34

mdrake34

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,957 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

Martin's high school coach, Vic Eumont, told the Palm Beach Post that Martin's personality did not fit in with the Dolphins crowd.
Eumont was Martin's coach at Harvard-Westlake School, a private high school in Studio City, Calif. Both of Martin's parents went to Harvard, but Martin passed up on a chance to go to Harvard so he could play football at Stanford.
"Before, he wasn't around Nebraska, LSU kind of guys," Eumont, a former Tulane offensive guard, told the Palm Beach Post. "He's always been around Stanford, Duke, Rice kind of players."
Eumont told the paper he hasn't spoken with Martin since he left the Dolphins last week, but he said he could see how the team might not welcome Martin back in the locker room after Incognito's suspension.
"In locker rooms full of Nebraska, LSU, Southern Cal players, Miami players -- they'll look at this as a weakness," Eumont told the paper. "If he makes it through all this, and if he was encouraged to come back, he'd come back with a vengeance."

http://espn.go.com/n...-miami-dolphins

This is an excerpt from an espn article. It's kinda ******* hilarious. His high school coach is basically saying that Jonathan is only used to being around what former-espn **** goon-extraordinaire Rob Parker would refer to as "cornball brothers."

#127 †William Moore†

†William Moore†

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,567 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostCap Tipper, on 06 November 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Everyone has Incognito's back, calls him their captain, and called him an honorary black man

Basically, there's no reason why this guy shouldn't be in uniform and on the field this Sunday. Unless you want to give all the power to white liberals and their faux outrage.
So do you think Richie even did anything wrong in the matter?

#128 mdrake34

mdrake34

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,957 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

Incognito still sounds like an Alabama fan, but the more that comes about about Martin, it's looking bad on him.

#129 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,723 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostCap Tipper, on 06 November 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

he won't be in uniform cause the Dolphins will receive backlash.  The NFL isn't a right it's a privilege.  Dolphins have every right to cut him.  And he has every right to say and feel what he wants

#130 Headshøt

Headshøt

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

View Post†William Moore†, on 06 November 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

So do you think Richie even did anything wrong in the matter?

Why would I? The only reason I thought he was wrong is because he said ****** and my white guilt immediately kicked in, but now that I know everyone around him thinks it's okay, then I can't think of a reason why anything this guy did was wrong. There is NO backlash on him from anyone but the media and I hate the media so no, he didn't do anything wrong in my eyes.

#131 Dingy

Dingy

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

View Postthe F-GAtor, on 06 November 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

dude went from private school to auburen "yuppy rednecks)to law school. All he's seen is stereotypes and words.

^^^ Spent his 20's living at his affluent mom's house while working at UPS.  True story.

#132 Headshøt

Headshøt

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Brian Hartline dropping Savage elbows: "We need to protect ourselves from media bullying, right now, because you guys always get the mic last."

#133 †William Moore†

†William Moore†

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,567 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostCap Tipper, on 06 November 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

Why would I? The only reason I thought he was wrong is because he said ****** and my white guilt immediately kicked in, but now that I know everyone around him thinks it's okay, then I can't think of a reason why anything this guy did was wrong. There is NO backlash on him from anyone but the media and I hate the media so no, he didn't do anything wrong in my eyes.
If the media was on his side, would you have a different viewpoint?

#134 Headshøt

Headshøt

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

View Post†William Moore†, on 06 November 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

If the media was on his side, would you have a different viewpoint?
No, why would I?

#135 AREA 51

AREA 51

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

I feel like I am in an episode of the Twilight Zone. I am arguing against those I normally agree, and arguing with those I normally disagree. Is this an Incognito/ Martin friendship we have here.  

I have wondered what made this escalate, and if the facts come out different, then my opinion will change, but I will not defend that type behavior ever. Even under the best circumstances, really, would you ever call a friend and leave such messages.

Edited by AREA51, 06 November 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#136 †William Moore†

†William Moore†

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,567 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostCap Tipper, on 06 November 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

No, why would I?
You seemed pretty adamant in your last post how the media was the only one giving him any backlash.

#137 Headshøt

Headshøt

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Post†William Moore†, on 06 November 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

You seemed pretty adamant in your last post how the media was the only one giving him any backlash.
They are.

If you have a point to make, please make it, I'm about to go to bed.

#138 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,723 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

View Post†William Moore†, on 06 November 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

he will get backlash from the NFL. One executive of an NFL team said he should file his retirement papers if the Fins cut him

#139 †William Moore†

†William Moore†

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,567 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

eh. If you think his behavior is completely excusable because the players around him supported it, and won't be swayed due to the media jumping in the middle, then there isn't much more to argue than semantics.

#140 Headshøt

Headshøt

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostAREA51, on 06 November 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

I feel like I am in an episode of the Twilight Zone. I am arguing against those I normally agree, and arguing with those I normally disagree. Is this an Incognito/ Martin friendship we have here.  

I have wondered what made this escalate, and if the facts come out different, then my opinion will change, but I will not defend that type behavior ever. Even under the best circumstances, really, would you ever call a friend and leave such messages.
This is why I'm thankful that I'm not famous. The messages I've left my friends over the years would kill my career.

Assuming I had friends that were big enough ****** to laugh about those messages one day and turn them over as evidence the next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users