One White Guys Perspective - Tracy Lorenz - Good Article.

* - - - - 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Deisel

Deisel

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,814 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

A White Guys Perspective
By Tracy K. Lorenz
September 25, 2013

Now that three people are dead and four are injured after yet ANOTHER shooting in Muskegon it may be time to write a little column about a subject everyone in Muskegon is afraid to face; the African American community. A few months ago I wrote that the African American community needs to grow up, this weekends shootings have done nothing to make me change my mind.
I don’t know how it happened but somehow race relations and cultural progress have actually de-evolved. I lived here in the 70’s and everyone pretty much got along. I had lots of black friends, I went to their house, they came to my house, you didn’t even think about it. There weren’t shootings every week, their weren’t racial confrontations, everything pretty much got along. Nobody I knew looked at the color of a persons skin, they just looked at if they were cool or not.
Well, apparently those days are gone because I have never seen worse racial tension than I’m seeing right now and I gotta say I’m not blaming this one on the white people.
First off, I can’t understand why black people are so mad at me, “me” being a middle aged white male. I never did anything to hurt any member of the black community. Ever. If you try and drop that extremely played “slavery” line on me I gotta say that’s a bunch of crap, I never owned a slave, I don’t know anyone who’s ever owned a slave, and I’m pretty sure no one in my family has ever owned a slave. I’ll go one step further; I live in the North, my ancestors fought and died to free the slaves. You’d think if someone died to free you then you’d be happy about it, not be mad at them. If you want to get all raged up about slave owners then you better head south, you can’t pin that one on me. It would seem if someone fought to free you you’d want to shake their hand, not shoot them.
Add that to the fact slavery ended, like, hundreds of years ago and it might be time to drop the attitude and stop blaming whatever failures your people have on white people. Since slavery ended Hitler tried to wipe out the Jewish population and they snapped back. We dropped not one but TWO atomic bombs an Japan and they seem to have recovered, Germany was flattened and a half century later they’re the most economically strong country in Europe but for some reason the African American community is still making excuses.
Second, no people in the history of earth have done more to help out another people than American Whites have done for American Blacks. Nobody. Can you name another country that has anything close to Affirmative Action? Can you name another country that gives minorities a head start in business or has lower entrance requirements to get into college? I could only wish to have the advantages afforded to minority owned businesses. All I ever hear is “we just want to be equal” but that’s a crock, minorities want to be extra equal. If you want to be equal then just be American’s, drop the “African” nonsense. How many African Americans can even name five African countries? If you want to be seen as equal then get rid of all the things that you can have that white Americans can’t have, we don’t have the NAAWP, we don’t have White Entertainment Television, White Colleges, White Fraternities, White Sororities, White Miss America, White History Month, or White Pride Parades. There are rules in the NFL and MLB that you have to interview minority coaches, are there any rules about what color the players have to be? All those things do is help to drive the racial divide even deeper.
Next, stand up and call a criminal a criminal. If a black kid jumps out of the bushes, sucker punches a white guy, throws him on the ground and starts pounding his head on the sidewalk and the thug gets shot that isn’t a hate crime, it’s a thug who picked on the wrong guy. Do you think if a white guy jumped out of the bushes and did that to Zimmerman the result would have been any different? The only difference would be white people would say “Good, one less criminal to worry about.” Black people shoot white people all the time and you don’t see us printing T-shirts. Do you want to know why the Zimmerman trial was such a big deal? Because a white guy shooting a black guy is so rare. You shouldn’t be mad at Zimmerman, you should be mad at yet another black kid who should have been home studying instead of out giving the African American community another black eye. Kids who are doing their homework rarely get shot.
Here’s another tip, get rid of the charlatans and hate mongers like Jesse and Al, those guys are lining their pockets at the expense of the African American community and what good has it done? None. Who’s better off because of Jesse and Al? Answer: Jesse and Al. If they cared about you they’d be flying in and seeing what happened at the Elks Club. A dead kid is a dead kid; the color of the shooter shouldn’t matter. Remember when Jesse said he wanted to cut Obama’s b***s off? That’s because Jesse knew if a black guy got elected president it would be really hard for him to keep preaching his “The white man is holding us down” crap. The president is black, the highest paid person in the entertainment world is black, the highest paid athlete is black; it doesn’t seem like there’s a whole lot of “holding down” going on. Let’s face it, the ONLY reason Obama got elected was because of the color of his skin. If he was a white guy he wouldn’t have even sniffed the ballot. You and your community are being played for fools, the only one holding you back is you.
But you know who should really be mad? The successful, hard working black people who have to carry your baggage around. The African American community should be looking up to guys like Franklin Furkal and Paul Allen Billings, these are good guys, these are the men who should be your roll models not some gangsta rapper.
So that’s the opinion of one white guy. We don’t hate black people so stop teaching your kids that we do. When I was attacked by that group of young black girls last year that was my first thought, where did all this anger come from? Why are they so mad at me? They don’t even know me. The only way they could develop that much anger at such a young age is if someone is filling their heads with lies. Quit it. White people don’t hate black people, we just wish you’d stop the violence, pull up your pants, speak in a manner that can be understood, and help out a little, we’re tired of carrying you. Start paying your way, man.
I love Muskegon and I hate watching it being destroyed by a very small percentage of the population. If you talk to anyone off the record about what’s wrong with Muskegon the answer is always the same “Black People,” and then they’ll tell you a very specific incident to back up their opinion. I have probably ten myself. Now we’re going to try and sell an upscale Farmers Market two blocks from a mass murder, that should work out well.
Call me a racist if you want but I know I’m not, I’m a realist, a realist who knows that the good, upstanding members of the black community are the ones being hurt by all this and that’s a shame. We have to quit coddling these thugs and treat them like grownups instead of the immature bullies that they are.
Quit with the blame -game and stand up and take control of your lives. You can’t rag on the white man while continuing to cash our checks, that’s not a good long term plan. It reminds me of a parakeet that is always complaining; “My seeds are stale, my water’s warm, my mirror is dirty” and they never bother to notice that the cage door is open.

#2 áJulio Jonesá

áJulio Jonesá

Willy Monday

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,674 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Posted Image

#3 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

I fail to see how him writing an article will help with race tensions in his town. I truly despise people like that. Go do something to make a difference.

#4 bankbanks80(1)

bankbanks80(1)

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

View Postyoungbloodz, on 29 September 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

I fail to see how him writing an article will help with race tensions in his town. I truly despise people like that. Go do something to make a difference.
bin-muthaphuckin'-go!!!!!!!

#5 bankbanks80(1)

bankbanks80(1)

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Myth 1: North fought for rights and freedom of the slaves.

Myth 2: Slavery ended hundreds of years ago. LOL. Im not even entertaining this.

Myth 3: Affirmative action helps "black" people. The largest benefactors of AA are white women.

Myth 4: Why is it anytime someone hears the term minorities,  they automatically assume black ppl. The term covers many subsets of people.

Myth 5: its insinuated that black orgs onky help black ppl. Im not entertaining this either. What need is there for BET, etc. BTW, the NAACP stands for NATIONAL ASOCIATION FOR THR ADVANCEMENT OF COLORED PEOPLE. Black ppl are not the only colored ppl.

it is not worth my time to dispell these myths. Do your study and redearch. Learn American history.

Edited by Tercel, 29 September 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#6 lostone

lostone

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,654 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Standing ovation for Tercel!

#7 Deisel

Deisel

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,814 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

I guess tercel could give a statement of fact based on the reality of the breakdown of the black community?

#8 Doozer

Doozer

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

That speech would be more compelling if it were written by a minority.

...though you never hear Asians complaining that they are being "held back" by the white man.

#9 lostone

lostone

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,654 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

explaining the **** drug war and how it plays into this would take too long and you really dont care to hear.  There are many things to contribute to what has happened.  

But you only care to correlate not figure out the cause.  

Oh and the cause of our football team sucking is our horrible Oline

#10 Deisel

Deisel

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,814 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

For those who don't know the story abt Tracy, he was attacked by 3 black gals at random basicly and the vile nature of the attackers made him TAKE A STAND against the hate and bigotry by the black community against the White community and he is a Liberal. The policy's holding the black community and the race based whores who won't allow for peace and resolve need to be Flushed out.

#11 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostDeisel, on 30 September 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

For those who don't know the story abt Tracy, he was attacked by 3 black gals at random basicly and the vile nature of the attackers made him TAKE A STAND against the hate and bigotry by the black community against the White community and he is a Liberal. The policy's holding the black community and the race based whores who won't allow for peace and resolve need to be Flushed out.
what stand did he take? He never talked about what he is doing to make things better in the article.  I got tired of boys in Liberty City picking up a gun and not a book. Got sick that they didnt have anyone to look up to. I didn't waste time to write an article.  I went and did something about it. Easiest thing in the world is to talk about change

#12 Deisel

Deisel

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,814 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

That's just it. Many people feel that the system has been set up to help the black community, and its back fired in the ways we are seeing. This guy is a journalist and he writes. Soo many have made big efforts to help the black community rise up but it has to come from within and the politcal platform on the left excuses behavior promotes race unease and airs a blind siding of the facts.

#13 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostDeisel, on 30 September 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

That's just it. Many people feel that the system has been set up to help the black community, and its back fired in the ways we are seeing. This guy is a journalist and he writes. Soo many have made big efforts to help the black community rise up but it has to come from within and the politcal platform on the left excuses behavior promotes race unease and airs a blind siding of the facts.
see I'm a doer not a talker.  This wasn't some Pulitzer prize-winning theme. Some black people are racist. Amazing stuff right there. Too many black people blame the "white" man. I don't deal with that bs. My father taught me to not make excuses for why I didn't accomplish something.  You play the hand you are dealt.  But this trash article is only good for fire starting paper. He didn't bring up anything that could potentially fix the problem.  So he is no better than the people he is talking about

#14 Deisel

Deisel

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,814 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

Like aa. U start by admitting u are an alcholic. Then you can start to change. The attitudes of our govt propping up people out of long past guilt and then excusing the behvior and blaming the white man has got to stop. Acknowledge a problem then fix it.

#15 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

This article didn't do any of that. I don't know anything about how the government acts toward this situation. But not everyone blames the white man. Not everyone lives in the excuse world. That is a world I'm not apart of.

#16 Deisel

Deisel

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,814 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

And here, we have 1 black (Um, Hmm, not sure, looks like Zimmerman) guys perspective and this man educates KIDS.....
DUKE PROFESSOR: WHITE PEOPLE ARE AS RACIST AS EVER

DUKE PROFESSOR: WHITE PEOPLE ARE AS RACIST AS EVER

BY COLLEGE FIX STAFF

Duke University sociology professor Eduardo Bonilla-Silva says white people are as racist as they’ve ever been, it’s just modern, more insidious forms of racism have taken over the more overt forms of racism common in America’s past, The Dartmouth reports.

Bonilla-Silva made his argument Thursday in a guest lecture at the Ivy League Dartmouth College.

Bonilla-Silva argued when white people say things such as “some of my best friends are black,” or “use the election of President Barack Obama to support the claim that America has moved beyond its racially tense past,” or say they didn’t personally own slaves – they are just denying their own internal prejudices, what the educator calls “sincere fictions,” Bryn Morgan of The Dartmouth reports.

“We must fight white supremacy,” Bonilla-Silva said. “The only way to remove racism in America is to remove systemic racism.” ...