Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firstiary

Last Play Of The Game

46 posts in this topic

All right I've said enough positive things today, so it's time for a resounding WTF MAN.

I just saw that final play again. Our offense was utterly and totally owned on 4th down. All of our receivers were smothered, chunked, and covered. Matt had nowhere to throw to. Our offensive line let the pass rushers through like they were getting paid to look at Saints backsides. And then Tony let a game-winner through his hands (tough play, granted).

****, that was a ******* letdown after nearly 60 minutes of play. We'd better beat them in Atlanta on November 21st.

truefalcon and Falconjerome like this

All right I've said enough positive things today, so it's time for a resounding WTF MAN.

I just saw that final play again. Our offense was utterly and totally owned on 4th down. All of our receivers were smothered, chunked, and covered. Matt had nowhere to throw to. Our offensive line let the pass rushers through like they were getting paid to look at Saints backsides. And then Tony let a game-winner through his hands (tough play, granted).

****, that was a ******* letdown. We'd better beat them in Atlanta on November 21st.

Play was terrible, but it should have never come down to it.

putnam6 and CEO_PARLAY like this

Aints always step up when they play us, particularly their D. We always choke vs them. It's a mental thing. It's like when the Dawgs let the Gators dominate them, year after year. Dawgs are finally starting to turn the tide on that, but the Falcons just don't get it.

You know, it was too much like the end of the NFC Championship game. Maybe we had to remember that epic suckage to face some kind of demon and put it behind us. 'Cause we need to turn the page on whatever that was.

Falconjerome and CEO_PARLAY like this

Had we run it once or twice, with the timeouts we had, I think we would have had more open space to throw to on the other two plays, provided Jackson didn't score.

You know, it was too much like the end of the NFC Championship game. Maybe we had to remember that epic suckage to face some kind of demon and put it behind us. 'Cause we need to turn the page on whatever that was.

Well I was hoping winning this game on that fashion would have done better at putting that demon behind. Losing just brings more doubts that we can finish the drill. We're suppose to win theses types of games.

BCEagleATLFalcon likes this

Just a thought, we have a 6'8" 265lbs TE with extreme long arms and a good vertical. Wouldn't it be nice to get him involved in red zone plays?

JerseyNo12 likes this

Just a thought, we have a 6'8" 265lbs TE with extreme long arms and a good vertical. Wouldn't it be nice to get him involved in red zone plays?

Amen, brother. With Roddy limping and ineffective, why the **** didn't we use Toilolo in goal-line situations?

JerseyNo12 likes this

Agree, atleast run the ball once or twice in stockpiled formations. Just to come out and try to use decoys "Roddy." However, SJax should have caught that ball on third down..

JerseyNo12 likes this

I don't remember even seeing him targeted once during preseason.

****, that was a ******* letdown after nearly 60 minutes of play. We'd better beat them in Atlanta on November 21st.

Because they knew it was coming. 4th and goal with the game on the line, there are only two people the ball might go to. Tony and Roddy. Roddy had done nothing all day and was just in the game as a decoy, so they knew what was coming. Tony posting up for a jump ball in the middle of the endzone is one of our 4 goal to go plays, and the only one we would have been running on 4th down.

Baker played a completely terrible game yesterday. Everyone is bitching about Holmes and totally letting Baker off the hook when Holmes played better than Baker did yesterday.

They both played like $hit. However, we should have run the ball to setup the pass more and not let the Taints peel their ears back and go after Ryan.

With everything being said about the OLine, play calling, etc, the bottom line is we were in position to win the game. S. Jackson dropped a touchdown on 3rd down and TG dropped a touchdown on 4th down.

TG's catch was pretty tough, but he normally makes that catch and that's why TD paid him $7 million to come back. Our two veterans who are great at making catches and clutch plays both dropped the game winning touchdown. Not to mention those two guys should be more motivated than anyone to play great. Oh yeah, lets not forget about Julio's fumble. 3 of our best play makers made crucial mistakes.

I actually called the 3rd down pass was going to be a touchdown pass to Jackson before the play and then it went to him and I hit the floor when he dropped it.

I still love those guys and I expect them to make some big plays this season, but I just had to get that out.

Funny, as I'm typing this the highlights of the game came on NFL Network and I just realized that the Saints only rushed 3 guys on that 4th down pass. That's how they had us blanketed. That is unbelievable that 3 guys destroyed our whole OLine and pressured Ryan like that. Wow!

With everything being said about the OLine, play calling, etc, the bottom line is we were in position to win the game. S. Jackson dropped a touchdown on 3rd down and TG dropped a touchdown on 4th down.

TG's catch was pretty tough, but he normally makes that catch and that's why TD paid him $7 million to come back. Our two veterans who are great at making catches and clutch plays both dropped the game winning touchdown. Not to mention those two guys should be more motivated than anyone to play great. Oh yeah, lets not forget about Julio's fumble. 3 of our best play makers made crucial mistakes.

I actually called the 3rd down pass was going to be a touchdown pass to Jackson before the play and then it went to him and I hit the floor when he dropped it.

I still love those guys and I expect them to make some big plays this season, but I just had to get that out.

Funny, as I'm typing this the highlights of the game came on NFL Network and I just realized that the Saints only rushed 3 guys on that 4th down pass. That's how they had us blanketed. That is unbelievable that 3 guys destroyed our whole OLine and pressured Ryan like that. Wow!

Matt should have ran that TD in on that play.

Yep, just saw them talking about that on NFLN. Baker was the only O-Lineman who didn't get help on that play. He still got thoroughly beat, but it was 3 vs. 5 on the line and we still got owned. WTF

Matt should have ran that TD in on that play.

The 4th down? MR had nowhere to run. Baker's man was breathing down Matt's neck and Holmes' man was 2 seconds away.

It didn't even hit his hands. Vaccaro hit it. But to be more accurate if Baker holds his man Matt could've released the ball with more zip and vaccaro doesn't make the play. There was a man draping on Ryan as he released the ball slowing down the velocity of the throw. That split second changed the outcome of the play. That's all it takes. I also feel with 4 downs and the saints looking for pass on each play at least 2 of them should've been draw plays. Didn't like the play calling down there.

The ball never hit TG's hand. Vaccaro deflected it

It didn't even hit his hands. Vaccaro hit it. But to be more accurate if Baker holds his man Matt could've released the ball with more zip and vaccaro doesn't make the play. There was a man draping on Ryan as he released the ball slowing down the velocity of the throw. That split second changed the outcome of the play. That's all it takes. I also feel with 4 downs and the saints looking for pass on each play at least 2 of them should've been draw plays. Didn't like the play calling down there.

That's why I keep saying that for some reason we've become such a pass-oriented team all of a sudden. Last year we didn't have much choice given Turner's limited abilities, but now with Jackson we should be able to punch it in by HANDING it off to him, not throwing. Why bother getting him if he's just going to be another receiver?

Just had good coverage. A lot harder to get wide open in such tight space so quickly.

I'm still salty we didn't try to run or playfake on 3rd down from the 3 yard line though.