BankerBird™

The Official Welcome New A F M B Members Thread

864 posts in this topic

Hey guys, a little long winded story to introduce myself.

I've been following this board for several years now, just reading the comments and having a blast.  I grew up in NYC and am a life long NY Football Giant fan.  In my youth I played football across the avenue from Yankee Stadium where the Giants played. Yeah i'm that old!  But during that time one of my favorite NFL players was Tommy Nobis. Then in the late 70's my second team became the Atlanta Falcons.  Those were the Falcons of the Grits Blitz!  My favorite Falcons then were Claude Humphrey and Steve Bartkowski.  

In Oct. of 1984 my work brought me to Atlanta to live.  I arrived bringing with me my NYC > ATL attitude. After all, wasn't I born, raised and educated there.  A native New Yorker grows up just knowing NYC is the greatest city in the world and we are the greatest citizens on the planet. And we know all that without ever having traveled outside the confines of the city.  Well, it wasn't that long before I grew to appreciate the beautiful city of Atlanta and it's metro area for the things that make it a great place to live. I've since traveled to many places throughout the south, to the cities and small towns. And I've also traveled to  different parts of the world. I've learned to appreciate the uniqueness of each place I've traveled and what they all bring to earths table.

Atlanta is my home now. I've raised my family here. I still love the New York Football Giants but the Atlanta Falcons are also my team now. If they play each other I root for the Falcon's. The Giants have 4 SB Trophy's and I want the Falcons to get theirs!  I get ragged severely by my NY friends for that.  I have it thrown in my face that the Falcons are a "Choker" team. And this last SB was a affirmation of that for them and crushing to me.  But they must forget, i'm a Native New Yorker, I can take it!

Take heart Falcon fans we're close!  When I was growing up in NYC the Giants were frequent also rans, and at times the laughing stock of the league. Before this last SB meltdown the most devastating football moment for me was in a game that the Giants QB simply had to kneel down to preserve a victory against the hated Eagles, we hate Boston and Philly, instead there was confusion, the ball was snapped for a running play and the snap was fumbled.  It was picked up by Herman Edwards, who I couldn't stand at the time, and run back for a TD and an Eagles victory.  I watched the tube not believing what i'd just seen!  Just like with this SB. When Edwards scored I remember the Philly QB Ron Jaworski right there on the field, on TV, holding his nose and say "They stink!". Wow... the city was in an uproar!  It seemed that the Giants were the most inept football team in the NFL.  But some years later the Giants had the talent and the coaches (Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick) that made us SB Champions. I believe that with Coach Quinn and the talent the Falcons possess that a SB Championship is within our gasp. I know, we should have taken it this game and it's hard to get back there.  But some teams get back frequently.  Just look at New England.  To me the Falcons are building a team that can do it.  We can win it all and soon!        

Hey guys,  I am new to the forum and a big fan of the Atlanta Falcons!  Looking forward to posting and getting insights from other Falcons fans.  I also make graphics so I am looking to contribute some nice Falcons graphics here soon!

Rise Up!

RiversideFalcon likes this

I probably should have posted in here first, but I was never one to "go with the flow". I have been a huge Falcons fan since the early '90s. I love watching, and talking, Falcons football. I am also a Bama fan. I also sell new Toyota vehicles, so if anyone is interested just PM me. Look forward to good discussions and debates.

RiversideFalcon likes this

On 2/12/2017 at 5:54 AM, GritzBlitzFalcon said:

Hey guys, a little long winded story to introduce myself.

I've been following this board for several years now, just reading the comments and having a blast.  I grew up in NYC and am a life long NY Football Giant fan.  In my youth I played football across the avenue from Yankee Stadium where the Giants played. Yeah i'm that old!  But during that time one of my favorite NFL players was Tommy Nobis. Then in the late 70's my second team became the Atlanta Falcons.  Those were the Falcons of the Grits Blitz!  My favorite Falcons then were Claude Humphrey and Steve Bartkowski.  

In Oct. of 1984 my work brought me to Atlanta to live.  I arrived bringing with me my NYC > ATL attitude. After all, wasn't I born, raised and educated there.  A native New Yorker grows up just knowing NYC is the greatest city in the world and we are the greatest citizens on the planet. And we know all that without ever having traveled outside the confines of the city.  Well, it wasn't that long before I grew to appreciate the beautiful city of Atlanta and it's metro area for the things that make it a great place to live. I've since traveled to many places throughout the south, to the cities and small towns. And I've also traveled to  different parts of the world. I've learned to appreciate the uniqueness of each place I've traveled and what they all bring to earths table.

Atlanta is my home now. I've raised my family here. I still love the New York Football Giants but the Atlanta Falcons are also my team now. If they play each other I root for the Falcon's. The Giants have 4 SB Trophy's and I want the Falcons to get theirs!  I get ragged severely by my NY friends for that.  I have it thrown in my face that the Falcons are a "Choker" team. And this last SB was a affirmation of that for them and crushing to me.  But they must forget, i'm a Native New Yorker, I can take it!

Take heart Falcon fans we're close!  When I was growing up in NYC the Giants were frequent also rans, and at times the laughing stock of the league. Before this last SB meltdown the most devastating football moment for me was in a game that the Giants QB simply had to kneel down to preserve a victory against the hated Eagles, we hate Boston and Philly, instead there was confusion, the ball was snapped for a running play and the snap was fumbled.  It was picked up by Herman Edwards, who I couldn't stand at the time, and run back for a TD and an Eagles victory.  I watched the tube not believing what i'd just seen!  Just like with this SB. When Edwards scored I remember the Philly QB Ron Jaworski right there on the field, on TV, holding his nose and say "They stink!". Wow... the city was in an uproar!  It seemed that the Giants were the most inept football team in the NFL.  But some years later the Giants had the talent and the coaches (Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick) that made us SB Champions. I believe that with Coach Quinn and the talent the Falcons possess that a SB Championship is within our gasp. I know, we should have taken it this game and it's hard to get back there.  But some teams get back frequently.  Just look at New England.  To me the Falcons are building a team that can do it.  We can win it all and soon!        

Welcome! Quinn is a native New Jersian and loves Parcells. Next SB will be a winner!

On 2/20/2017 at 6:07 AM, Alomar said:

I probably should have posted in here first, but I was never one to "go with the flow". I have been a huge Falcons fan since the early '90s. I love watching, and talking, Falcons football. I am also a Bama fan. I also sell new Toyota vehicles, so if anyone is interested just PM me. Look forward to good discussions and debates.

Welcome!

Alomar likes this

On 2/20/2017 at 4:57 AM, Dtour2017 said:

Hey guys,  I am new to the forum and a big fan of the Atlanta Falcons!  Looking forward to posting and getting insights from other Falcons fans.  I also make graphics so I am looking to contribute some nice Falcons graphics here soon!

Rise Up!

Welcome. How about a graphic with the 1966 home uniforms?