71 replies to this topic

#21 falconfanEST1989

falconfanEST1989

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

so what does a va beach man gotta do to get those???? can you ATL brethren help a brotha out

#22 FalconFanForLife

FalconFanForLife

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostVoidedSaint, on 27 August 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

more than likely, sucks for us fans who live to far from GA to just go to arbys Posted Image
my town loves the cowboys, redskins, panthers and the saints.

dont understand why the cowboys, as i live in VA which is why i get the redskins and the panthers(NC is just 30 minutes from me) and they have saint stuff here because of the superbowl in 09.... but no other team since, not even GB...
VA is a strange place.

You got that right.  I grew up in Richmond where most people were Redskin fans.  However, my Dad was a career sailor, and Roger Staubach was recently from the Naval Academy at that time, so I rooted for the Cowboy.  Besides, like many youths I was rebellious, so I enjoyed picking the unpopular.  This is WAY BACK in the 60s (told ya I was a geezer), when the Cowboys were not a good team yet.

When I grew up there, Virginia was still a really southern state culturally, but many industries and company's were already beginning the second invasion of the south during that time.  So the culture/demographics changed similar to Atlanta's where you have a lot of transplants from up north (damm Yankee scum).  So that is really why Virginia has these strange allegiances all over the place now.

I had a biology teacher in high school who was ancient: I mean this lady was very. very old.  She used to tell us that it was not "The Civil War," but rather "The War of Northern Aggression."  That used to crack me up.  She would also say she was "Unreconstructed."  That meant she would not swear loyalty to the Union as many southerners did in the "Reconstruction" period after the Civil War.  She was quite a character.

Edited by FalconFanForLife, 27 August 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#23 FalconFanForLife

FalconFanForLife

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

Oh hey I got sidetracked reminiscing: I will check out Arby's too when I get a chance.  There are none really near me though, and doing a lot of work at the moment for family in my spare time.  I am the family fixer-upper/handiman.  Son: can you hang a couple ceiling fans, and oh btw can you build an aquarium stand for us?  Mother-in-law: i have 3 toilets leaking in my house, can you help?  Bother-in-law: hey my brakes are squealing on the car: can you help me out? Etc etc etc rofl.  It's good to be needed when your old Posted Image

Edited by FalconFanForLife, 27 August 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#24 Falconphagist

Falconphagist

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

View PostAtlantaFanSince1991, on 27 August 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

Wonder if its all Arby's in GA?

3 hours south of Atlanta and we have them here

#25 fibonacci

fibonacci

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,602 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostVoidedSaint, on 27 August 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

more than likely, sucks for us fans who live to far from GA to just go to arbys Posted Image
my town loves the cowboys, redskins, panthers and the saints.

dont understand why the cowboys, as i live in VA which is why i get the redskins and the panthers(NC is just 30 minutes from me) and they have saint stuff here because of the superbowl in 09.... but no other team since, not even GB...
VA is a strange place.
let me know if you want me to ship them to you. I do not mind.
(and that goes to the OP as well.).

I just need to find out if the arby's by my house does them or not.

on another side note, I know why you have cowboy fans in VA. it is because Cowboys are like the Atlanta Braves, they went had made their games seen throughout America. For instance with the braves, if you lived in Florida all you were seeing was marlins basically. But the braves was the first team to go and put their games on in other states. and that increased the heck out of their fan base.

So like the Braves, the cowboys did it as well. and that is why the cowboys are known as "Americas team".

panthers/skins I understand.

Saints...... they are fans after the superbowl and try to say they been fans forever. it'll eventually die out up there. but the skins/cowboys/panthers will always be.

#26 acesrus

acesrus

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

If someone was willing to send a set to California, I would gladly pay for shipping and $5 a glass or would be happy to send a jersey for a set of 10. Message me...I am placing first jersey order of the season this week, probably 20 pieces so adding one more is not an issue. I would just need to know player and size.

#27 fibonacci

fibonacci

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,602 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

View Postacesrus, on 27 August 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

If someone was willing to send a set to California, I would gladly pay for shipping and $5 a glass or would be happy to send a jersey for a set of 10. Message me...I am placing first jersey order of the season this week, probably 20 pieces so adding one more is not an issue. I would just need to know player and size.
the is two other people I am going to help this out with. but if one falls through, I will let you know. (I just don't want to promise and it end up being to many people).

but if I do it, you just pay the shipping and the price of the items. Don't worry about a jersey or anything like that. (you are a falcon fan, and that is enough in book to help you out. :D ) but lets see if the other people end up deciding to do it or not.

#28 RI Falcon

RI Falcon

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

I realize there are already like 20 people requesting, but same here from RI. If anyone can even grab me one, I'll pay 10 bucks and shipping or something? Would love to have one to drink my beer out of on Sundays. Just shoot me a message. :)

#29 acesrus

acesrus

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

View Postfibonacci, on 27 August 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

the is two other people I am going to help this out with. but if one falls through, I will let you know. (I just don't want to promise and it end up being to many people).

but if I do it, you just pay the shipping and the price of the items. Don't worry about a jersey or anything like that. (you are a falcon fan, and that is enough in book to help you out. Posted Image ) but lets see if the other people end up deciding to do it or not.
Thanks Brother! Appreciate it!

#30 falcons007

falcons007

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,394 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

I will get one once I get home on the weekend. Hope they have enough stock.

#31 Grim Shady

Grim Shady

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

Its times like this i really hate living so far from ATL.  All of the Arbys here are selling Denver Broncos glasses.

#32 ~SEAMILL~

~SEAMILL~

The Hunt is On!

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Called Arbys and said they're not out yet. Just said "coming soon".

#33 Grim Shady

Grim Shady

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

View Post~SEAMILL~, on 27 August 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Called Arbys and said they're not out yet. Just said "coming soon".

I also contacted Arby's to find out if there was any way to purchase them if you lived outside the area.  They said that they have 72 stores that will be selling them in the Atlanta area and that's the only place you can purchase the Falcons glasses.

#34 russ7000

russ7000

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostTuggle2®, on 27 August 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

Aww man!!

Would love them all. Suck it Miami!

MONGO GIT U 1 BUT I EAT IT ALL UP !!!!!!!   DAAARRRRRRRR  !!!!   Posted Image Posted Image

#35 Tuggle°2

Tuggle°2

The Hammer!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,675 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

View Postruss7000, on 27 August 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

MONGO GIT U 1 BUT I EAT IT ALL UP !!!!!!!   DAAARRRRRRRR  !!!!      Posted Image Posted Image

As long as you make the emote the world will still turn. Keep on keeping on brother.

#36 WARIIRI

WARIIRI

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostfalconfanEST1989, on 27 August 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

so what does a va beach man gotta do to get those???? can you ATL brethren help a brotha out

There is an Arby's not too far away from my house..ill send them to you if they have any.

#37 nolove4thecrook

nolove4thecrook

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

Arbys is based out of the atl. I doubt theyre making othet teams.

#38 ~SEAMILL~

~SEAMILL~

The Hunt is On!

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

My buddy said he got flyer about it in the mail. Asked him to send me a pic of it. I didn't get the same flyer. I'll post it if/when he sends it to me.

#39 D0Z3R

D0Z3R

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

They don't have them down here in Columbus

#40 falcons007

falcons007

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,394 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

I will try to get one glass for me and 2 for others if they still have by weekend. If any of you guys want, let me know. I just need cost of the glass and shipping costs paid from paypal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users