Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MagnusXXIII

Paul Worrilow Will Be A Starter By End Of Year,

74 posts in this topic

I live in delaware and never heard of him cuz i dont follow UD but my pop is a season ticket holder after the first preseason game i asked about him. My pop was tellin me he was there best player by far and a leader who can play every linebacker position. And play it well. And hes a tackling machine. Which weve seen the last couple games. Ill definitly be pullin for him cuz hes actually born and raised in delaware. Not too many people from here make it in the pros. The last were orian and kwame harris. And they didnt fair to well

If he's even average in coverage he's gotta start. Dent and Nicholas weren't good last year, but after 2 preseason games, let's not jump the gun on #49. The one thing he has going for him I think that gives him an edge is that he is a sound and instinctive tackler, a quality our defense as a whole is rather lacking.

Worrilow is all over the place and plays with reckless abandon.

UDFA to starter in less than year? Probably not! blink.png

Keep in mind, he is kicking azz against the 3rd string.

What Worrilow has been doing well is coverage...Spoon was solid in coverage last year but fell apart in the playoffs just like Nicholas. We went from having one coverage LB and one run defense LB to two LBs who couldn't do either. Biermann is the best run defender on our team and judging from the preseason, Worrilow is the best coverage LB as well as being competent vs. the run.

Tuggle'2 likes this

oh y'all are being serious.

Has it really been butchered here that much?

Dude, yes.

This message board is the King of name misspellings.

What Worrilow has been doing well is coverage...Spoon was solid in coverage last year but fell apart in the playoffs just like Nicholas. We went from having one coverage LB and one run defense LB to two LBs who couldn't do either. Biermann is the best run defender on our team and judging from the preseason, Worrilow is the best coverage LB as well as being competent vs. the run.

Yea, it seems like Worrilow plays both the run and pass well. He also showed that he could be used as a blitzer at times as well.

From what Worrilow has shown so far, he is a perfect fit for Nolan's defense.

I hope he continues playing the way that he has because he could become a huge pickup by the Falcons or at least put some pressure on Dent to improve.

There's definitely some talent there, but I have to reserve judgement until I see him out there with the starters. But with the way he's been playing, he'll get a shot soon if he can keep it up.

There's definitely some talent there, but I have to reserve judgement until I see him out there with the starters. But with the way he's been playing, he'll get a shot soon if he can keep it up.

Interestingly enough, Bartu was the one who got time against the Ravens starters, joining the game, with a little over 3 minutes left in the half. Worrilow joined him, replacing Dent, at the beginning of the 2nd half. As great as Worrilow has looked, the coaches really seem to like Bartu, and it seems like they may know something that we don't.

Adam25 likes this

Just a dumb question for you guys, how many d-line and LBers will be on the 53 man roster? I know it is a guess at this point but I'm working on my projections and I have the wildcard kroy bierman that will mess with the projections. Also I'm working on laying out the depth charts of the front 7 in 4-3. 3-4, and "sub" nickel package. I like dent but he seems like a serviceable MLB but worrilow after more developments seems like he could turn in to a playmaker

Btw, anyone know why I can't start a new thread? I've been a member for a few years just don't post much because of some of the ignorance/flaming/and politics being thrown in to a message board for falcon nation

Thread would have actually been impressive had it been 2 weeks ago. Now its not really going out on a limb to say that.

I had a thread on him a month ago.

Interestingly enough, Bartu was the one who got time against the Ravens starters, joining the game, with a little over 3 minutes left in the half. Worrilow joined him, replacing Dent, at the beginning of the 2nd half. As great as Worrilow has looked, the coaches really seem to like Bartu, and it seems like they may know something that we don't.

Disagree. Against the Bengals PW got the first look and delivered 12 tackles and 2PDs. They are just trying to get a good look at everyone.

Worrilow is all over the place and plays with reckless abandon.

UDFA to starter in less than year? Probably not! blink.png

Keep in mind, he is kicking azz against the 3rd string.

2nd string against the Bengals with some first string sprinkled in.

The point here guys is that they will keep pushing until they see a drop off in performance.

We really don't know what we have, but the kids could be special.

Point is, he has done better then dent and Nicholas combined in 2 games which is crazy to say..no way we should be loyal to 2 players just because they have more experience..dents job should be taken..he does not have "it".

Mid-Nite-Toker and birdman71 like this

Worrilow is getting the headlines(TATF)...I'd like to see them both make it.

IMHO, Nic/Spoon had to carry the weight of the linebacker position and they wore down...mentally/physically.

Falcons are in dire need of qualtiy depth at this position...keep it push'n.

hjerry likes this

He went from being a Blue Hen to a Red Black Falcon. A step up I'd say.

So far, he's my guy. He's just a rookie, but he's already reacting more than he's having to think. Bodes well for his/our future imo

I have been pleasantly surprised as well, but keep in mind he has played against mostly 2nd, 3rd teamers and guys that won't make it in the NFL.

Worrilow looks great. But I can remember so many of you jumping on Doug Johnson's jock back in the day when he looked solid in the preseason. Haha! And so many other preseason superstars that have turned out to be garbage. I will hope Worrilow is one of those dream non-draftees, who end up becoming an All Pro, but I will reserve the excitement for after I see the kid line up against the 1's.

So many nickname attempts and so many whiffs. It's Warlord.

If we can't all come to some sort of consensus, it'll just be Paul

Love Warlord, Worlord, whatever, but...might not be PC, hard to tell what is and isn't these days :(

And of course if we try and go with Warlock, Worlock, the anti-Harry Potter crowd will throw fits :D

warhorse,worlock the wizard,JK! I am surprised (pleasantly) because we heard all about clancy in practice and the few good plays bartu had,now it looks like we have a couple gems that need polishing,If bothmake the team(1 back up,1 PS) we will have gone a long way to alleviating the shortfall at LBer with out spending draft picks,heck,one might develope into trade material.