Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falcon Blitz

Marcus Jackson #16

52 posts in this topic

This guy had a huge day at camp today, worked with the first team quite a bit getting a lot of snaps, he didn't have any drops and he torched Trufant really bad. I think he makes the team beats out Kevin Cone.

I am actually really excited to see this kid develop on down the road. I really hope he makes the team and beats Cone for a roster spot. I think he could be special, especially learning under Julio and Roddy.

Good to see him doing well. He comes from a small school in my honetown. Lamar is known as a baseball and engineering school usually.

Happy to see a kid from nowhere making a name for himself.

PokerSteve likes this

I've been hearing Jackson has been causing quite a stink around there.

yeah I'm not impressed with him

Something about him dropping passes and not running his routes the first two days.

I missed yesterday...... And not trying to be a jerk, but I don't believe the hype. He might have had a good day, but he has still had two bad days.

- then again I hope this kidd proves me wrong like Davis did last year.

Falcon Blitz likes this

I will say this... I like hearing Marcus Jackson and Martel Moore is doing good .. I want to see what they do in the preseason because the depth behind our top 3 is thin thin.

Its hard to replace a Roddy or Julio but last year... If one of those guys went down.... It was very noticable... Like i said i know they cant be replaced like that but you do need a guy who can come in and bring something (atleast a deep threat)

PokerSteve likes this

That's interesting because he is one guy I am looking forward to seeing in preseason. I really liked what I saw out of him last preseason.

I don't care if it's Marcus Jackson, Martel Moore, Kevin Cone, Drew Davis or James Rodgers, we need somebody to step up and make Harry Douglas expendable. Dude is so overrated it's not even funny.

couldn't have said it any better...

I'm very excited about Marcus Jackson. He was one of the guys I studied and watch all the film I could have once the Falcons signed him. Coming from a small school, he looked every bit of the playmaker we need to complement Roddy and Julio. I think HD's time has come and gone as an explosive guy in the slot. I hope I'm wrong about HD but read cool post about Marcus makes me happy happy happy..

You Cats at training camp so the young fella love. Cheer him on. Give him that confidence to push forward and help this team win.

It's a dream that could come true seeing my Birds in the Superbowl and winning.

Ethos likes this

I don't care if it's Marcus Jackson, Martel Moore, Kevin Cone, Drew Davis or James Rodgers, we need somebody to step up and make Harry Douglas expendable. Dude is so overrated it's not even funny.

I can't stand this. HD is getting paid, yea, but he is not overrated. The guy has made some incredible catches, and great plays. If his confidence was ramped up he would be amazing. He is fast and elusive. He just needs to let the shakiness go.

If he hadn't of slipped during the 49ers game we would be singing his praises to the high Heavens.

I love this time of year as a fan. There is almost a holiday atmosphere surrounding the team and organization. Mr. Blank (our Santa) has bought us a lot of new presents to drool over and each day is like unwrapping a bit of each as you get to see exactly what we have under the tree. I always get more pumped about the young guys because they are such a great story-line to follow because you know one or two are going to just surprise and delight us unexpectedly.

I will be rooting for everyone of them to make the team because I tend to get invested in their dreams almost as if they are mine. Each year I hope my Falcons will play well, and every player that makes the team is part of the formula to make my dream become reality.

This is the most fantastic time ever in our franchise's history to be a part of this team and organization. I feel blessed to be a fan of this team, and truly rewarded for all my decades of loyalty.

Falcon@Denmark and The Branch like this

must be doing something right if Ryan is throwing to Jackson.

That's what I thought. It's Ryan not Davis or Renfree so he must be doing something the coaches like.

I was really rooting for this kid, last year, thought he did really well in preseason. I was really disapointed that he didn't make the final roster. Thankfully, he still made the PS. Hopefully, he's been working on ST, in addition to his catching, to give him some added value.

I can't stand this. HD is getting paid, yea, but he is not overrated. The guy has made some incredible catches, and great plays. If his confidence was ramped up he would be amazing. He is fast and elusive. He just needs to let the shakiness go.

If he hadn't of slipped during the 49ers game we would be singing his praises to the high Heavens.

He's overrated. If we had a decent slot receiver you'd see the difference. Harry doesn't rank in the top 10 of slot WRs and that position is meant to be the #3 WR on a team. So basically, Harry Douglas isn't one of the top 10 #3 WRs in the NFL. That's sad. Imagine what Matt could do with Cruz, Welker, Stokley, Cobb, Amendola, Boldin, McCluster, Avant, Colston, even somebody like Santana Moss or Davone Bess would be a huge upgrade over Douglas. He hasn't done anything in 6 years now and people keep talking about him like he makes a difference when he just flat out doesn't. We have Roddy, Julio and Gonzo. That's it. If you count Harry Douglas, you're dragging the group down.

Charles Wright likes this