Brady Ewing

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 jdawg4876

jdawg4876

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

I think brady might be an x factor this season as far as run blocking and scheme in general. can anybody give me any info about him today?

Edited by jdawg4876, 25 July 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#2 LouDog.

LouDog.

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,851 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Imagine being the D and having to cover Julio, Roddy, Gonzo, SJ, and Ewing

#3 Sofa_King_What?

Sofa_King_What?

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

Someone with Ewing's combination of blocking and receiving ability thrown in the mix...

This offense is like the mutha&#{%in' HYDRA!!!

Cut off one option and 3-4 more spring up to bite you!!!

The Hydra offense...Hmmm...

A monster on a tshirt with Ryan, Julio, Roddy, Gonzo, SJax, Quiz, Douglas, and Ewing's heads attached to it... with feet that look suspiciously like Matt Bryant's shoes...?

Edited by Sofa_King_What?, 25 July 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#4 holymoses

holymoses

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

I was thinking that we might see much less use of the fullback position than we have in previous years. With Jackson such an effective pass catching threat, it seems like putting a slot receiver on the field and forcing the defense into a nickel situation puts tremendous pressure on linebackers. They would have to respect the run and bite on play action or drop into coverage but still protect the flats. That seems like a lot to ask of two linebackers.

#5 Flying Falcon

Flying Falcon

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,883 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Who?

#6 Ga_spider

Ga_spider

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

I was thinking that we might see much less use of the fullback position than we have in previous years. With Jackson such an effective pass catching threat, it seems like putting a slot receiver on the field and forcing the defense into a nickel situation puts tremendous pressure on linebackers. They would have to respect the run and bite on play action or drop into coverage but still protect the flats. That seems like a lot to ask of two linebackers.

True but one of the things Brady is good at, is catching the ball as well.

#7 Sofa_King_What?

Sofa_King_What?

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

True but one of the things Brady is good at, is catching the ball as well.

I read in the "Who Impressed You Today" thread that Ewing was lining up all over the field and figured that Koetter had found ways to take advantage of his athletic versatility, though his snap count might be lower than it would have been with Turner.

#8 nomak

nomak

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

Having a solid fullback will do wonders for our game. We will all be talking about Ewing after the NO game.

#9 Clark Kent™

Clark Kent™

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,378 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

He will be like our John Kuhn from GB. Except he is more athletic. IIRC he had like a 37 inch vertical at the combine.

#10 Koba

Koba

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

I hope Ewing comes back strong.

#11 DawnOfThemBirds☑

DawnOfThemBirds☑

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,926 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

After watching him at Wisconsin, Ewing is probably one of the most athletically gifted FBs in the NFL.

Looking forward to seeing how big of a role he will have in the passing offense and how defenses will have to change it up trying to defend another potentially dangerous weapon on the field with an already ridiculously dangerous cast.

#12 holymoses

holymoses

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

Saying "Brady Ewing erupts through the hole" just isn't as much fun .....

#13 falcons007

falcons007

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,394 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

He can be very effective in short yardage situations to confuse the defenses, both Ewing and Jackson can catch the ball out of backfield. Falcons can run the ball or just pass it to Ewing on a fake.

#14 falconidae

falconidae

Falconinae

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,875 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

Was thinking they might use the fullback more- although more would be about 20% of the snaps. Gives them a power run look with 5 effective pass catchers-that's hard to defend too.

If Ewing can run good routes- also gives them the chance to have the D set up for power run, then the Falcons shift into a 4 wide set w/ SJax as the RB.

#15 Falconwhit

Falconwhit

Roster Player

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

There's no doubt we could have run the ball better last year if Ewing was in there. I agree, it could be a huge addition if he's healthy and can live up to expectations. Besides, Cox was soft and did not rise up to the occasion, so to speak.

#16 Tuggle'2

Tuggle'2

The Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,401 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

Saying "Brady Ewing erupts through the hole" just isn't as much fun .....

Mike Cox is indeed more fun....

#17 tsarcasm

tsarcasm

Practice Squad

• Banned Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

Ewing has a lot of versatility. Mike Cox he ain't.

#18 NOVAFalconFan

NOVAFalconFan

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,391 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

Bradie "The Human Highlight Reel" Ewing, centerpiece of the "rifle" offense that revolutionized the NFL.

#19 Lucky_Tom

Lucky_Tom

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

Was thinking they might use the fullback more- although more would be about 20% of the snaps. Gives them a power run look with 5 effective pass catchers-that's hard to defend too.

If Ewing can run good routes- also gives them the chance to have the D set up for power run, then the Falcons shift into a 4 wide set w/ SJax as the RB.

I agree. I was on board with a lot more 3-wide sets last year as I thought it would open up the run game. It didn't. Maybe if we had a more capable slot receiver, but HD just hasn't taken the next step. I think it was easier for defenses to get their responsibilities as you knew that Turner was either getting the handoff, blocking, or dropping a pass in the middle of the field. He was no threat in the flat. Having Roddy, JJ, TG, and the Ewing and Jackson in the backfield means there are 5 pass catchers on the field (instead of 4), 2 that can get a ball in the flats and do damage (instead of 0), and potentially 2 guys who could take the handoff although I don't see too many carries for Ewing on the year. Maybe 10-20.

I hope that this formation will make us the unpredictable monster that I thought the 3-wide set was going to be last year.

#20 Knight of God

Knight of God

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,137 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

IDK