Falcons Defense Will Shock The World

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
175 replies to this topic

#1 Falconsfan567™

Falconsfan567™

BIG T IS IN DA HOUSE!

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58,107 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

I'm so sick of seeing all these posts about how bad the defense is going to be. The Falcons defense will shock the world this year. I'm predicting 35 sacks, 20 turnovers, top 10 in points allowed and top 15 in yards allowed. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it haters!

This is for you Peyton. Hoping to get some good debate here in this thread.

#2 ‡Julio Jones‡

‡Julio Jones‡

Willy Monday

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,284 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

willy mo 15 INTs

#3 Falconsfan567™

Falconsfan567™

BIG T IS IN DA HOUSE!

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58,107 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

willy mo 15 INTs

That would be a record or something. Seriously I see Willy Mo with 5 or 6 interceptions.

#4 bankbanks80(1)

bankbanks80(1)

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

I believe it, too! I feel we had a pretty good defense last season. I feel stats do not tell the tale. Stats, I feel, are taken differently than what they were intended. It's a great barometer to compare teams with other teams, but the best offense or defense do not frequently win the Superbowl. I believe our defense will be as great as you say because we have a great balance between tangibles and intangibles on the field, off the field, and in the locker room. We did what we did on defense with a first-year tenured coordinator.

There I

#5 Grrrillapmpn Inc.®

Grrrillapmpn Inc.®

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,007 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

I was pretty shocked when they let the hawks and niners back in those games.

#6 bankbanks80(1)

bankbanks80(1)

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

I think Decoud and Moore will cement themselves as a top safety pair in the league.mi believe Osi will create opportunities for everyone else on the line. I believr we will be deep at corner. The only thing im concerned about is the LB specialty in stopping the run and defending the middle of the field.

#7 TorrisATL

TorrisATL

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,951 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

I hope they do. Honestly I'm not expecting to see much difference from last season other than consistency.

#8 ‡Julio Jones‡

‡Julio Jones‡

Willy Monday

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,284 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

That would be a record or something. Seriously I see Willy Mo with 5 or 6 interceptions.

yeah, realistically it's gonna be around 4-6. still pretty good.

#9 wordtobigbird

wordtobigbird

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Mike Nolan will shock the world.

#10 Falconsfan567™

Falconsfan567™

BIG T IS IN DA HOUSE!

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58,107 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

I believe it, too! I feel we had a pretty good defense last season. I feel stats do not tell the tale. Stats, I feel, are taken differently than what they were intended. It's a great barometer to compare teams with other teams, but the best offense or defense do not frequently win the Superbowl. I believe our defense will be as great as you say because we have a great balance between tangibles and intangibles on the field, off the field, and in the locker room. We did what we did on defense with a first-year tenured coordinator.

There I

Yeah this is Nolan's 2nd year. We're going to be faster and more athletic on defense. Nolan will be able to scheme more. I really think the defense will shock the world!

#11 Falconsfan567™

Falconsfan567™

BIG T IS IN DA HOUSE!

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58,107 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

yeah, realistically it's gonna be around 4-6. still pretty good.

Here's how I got to 20 turnovers. Last year the Falcons under Nolan did a great job of forcing fumbles and getting fumble recoveries and I expect that to continue with added interceptions.

#12 Falconsfan567™

Falconsfan567™

BIG T IS IN DA HOUSE!

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58,107 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

Where's my "doom and gloom" crowd at today? This thread is supposed to go 20 pages. I'm trying to prove a point to Peyton.

#13 Falconned

Falconned

Rookie

• Banned Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

Best ever

#14 paulitik

paulitik

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,106 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

I think Decoud and Moore will cement themselves as a top safety pair in the league.mi believe Osi will create opportunities for everyone else on the line. I believr we will be deep at corner. The only thing im concerned about is the LB specialty in stopping the run and defending the middle of the field.

I think we are a MLB, DT, short of being a dominant D. Probably DE but I'm just not sure we have with Massoquoi, Goodman, and Maponga. Goodman has freakish, Aldon Smith/JPP like measurables, I'm just not sure he has the motor or the speed.

#15 xSICKxWITHxITx

xSICKxWITHxITx

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,317 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

I was pretty shocked when they let the hawks and niners back in those games.

We actually had a pretty solid D last year. I except them to be quite a bit better this year. We will be bigger, stronger, faster and know the system better.

As far as the Niners and Hawks games people don't realize how much the pistol/read option effects a D. If we adjust to it our D will do great.

#16 SPITFIRE

SPITFIRE

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

Doom and gloom? Not worried about our secondary worried about our front 7. We did alot more with smoke an mirrors last year than we did with talent. We failed against mobile quarterbacks because we did not have the athletes/talent on defense. It was always said defense scheme can only take you so far, so how will our front seven get pressure and stop the run ?

#17 nomak

nomak

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

Where's my "doom and gloom" crowd at today? This thread is supposed to go 20 pages. I'm trying to prove a point to Peyton.

I'm sure when falconfansince70 gets out if his aaa meeting he will be here.

#18 atlbaby

atlbaby

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

I too believe the D will be fine. Trufant will be ready week 1 and be better by week 17. With the play calling Nolan will scheme up, Trufant will shine.

Dent was put in a difficult situation last year. His competition went down with a injury before TC forcing him to take over at MLB in his 2nd season in the league, but 1st as a starter or with any real snaps. From the sound of it, Nolan runs a very complicated scheme and for a player who has not really played like Dent it will be challenging. Dent not only had to learn how to read defenses but also had to pick up Nolan scheme. He should be better at both this season.

Before we can get any pass rush we have to be able to stop the run. Something we didn't do last year. A healthy Peters and Robertson should help with this.

#19 falconsd56

falconsd56

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,026 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

I'm sure when falconfansince70 gets out if his aaa meeting he will be here.

Please...... he has to down his 13 bottles of ensure first.

#20 vel

vel

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,723 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

I see the defense being around 16th (middle of the pack). That's all we need really. We had a defense good enough to win 13 games and only lose to divisional opponents. We struggled, like every other team, with the read option. Well guess what? We don't see the read option until around week 9 with the Panthers, if that. NO, STL, MIA, NE, NYJ, TB and ARI don't run the read option. That's also why I see a 6-1 or 7-0 opening run being possible. 5-2 at worst. We handled traditional offenses pretty well. If the offense continues to blaze the trails, the defense just needs to close.

By week 9-10 against CAR/SEA, some team hopefully would have run a few things that caused the read option trouble that we could copy on top of what we planned on implementing. After that, we don't see another until week 15 and 16 with WAS and SF.