Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconwhit

Last Game Played In Candlestick This Season.....

17 posts in this topic

We're it....Monday Night Football. The last game ever to be played in Candlestick Park. May the ghosts of Montana-to-Rice with Charles Dimry falling down be replaced by a real azz kickin'..... I have too many bad memories of that place, not to mention the NFC Championship.

The perfect closure to Candle Stick would be for us to

not only win, but hand them a costly loss at the same time.

Either knock them out of the Play Off's or knock them out of the

Division Title.

I say this because all of their fans are wanting the 49ers to do

the same thing to us.

Sure you have the Superbowl, but this sceanario is in fact

the hard core guts of Football, especially because they are

a former divisional opponent and there is a score

to settle!

Tampa Bay does not count

Carolina does not count.

They Play the Aints in Nawlins so it is up to the Falcons

to get this done.

The Aints need to do their part too.

Naww just kidding about the Aints.

paulitik likes this

It definitely makes a good story. Their last game in Candlestick , and us coming to town looking for revenge , should be a good game. To be honest about it though , I'd hate to spend all of our machismo on a regular season game. I wonder if it would be better to lose this one and not show all our hand, so if we meet in the playoffs we can come out swinging. I dunno just a thought.

It would be pretty epic to give them a loss for their final regular season game.

We're it....Monday Night Football. The last game ever to be played in Candlestick Park. May the ghosts of Montana-to-Rice with Charles Dimry falling down be replaced by a real azz kickin'..... I have too many bad memories of that place, not to mention the NFC Championship.

NFC Championship was in the GA Dome, bro. Not Candlestick. Just felt like pointing that out. No biggy, tho. cool.png

Yeah - no sweat Birdy. I was at the Dome for the NFC. Just though it would mean even more to beat niners this year at their place considering we couldn't close the deal at our place.

I just hope both teams will be playing for something and not resting starters.

Just what I was thinking...

If we've locked up a playoff spot by then, best believe Smitty sits the starters this time considering what happened last year with injuries.

It's very fitting. The Niners will be treating it like a Super Bowl. They'll have all the greats there, ESPN will be slobbering all over them, and the Falcons will ruin the party. Anyone remember last time the Falcons played there?

Falcons - 45

Niners - 10

I will gladly take a repeat performance!

Mega Flare likes this