Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alwaysfallforward

Hitler And The Occult

81 posts in this topic

I appreciate your generous attitude towards my country - and I think the generations after WWII deserve alot of praise - but you should not forget the collective and fatal indifference that the German populace of the past was guilty of. I am not even talking about 1939-1945, because by then the Nazi regime was a well oiled machine... but about the collapse of the Weimar republic and the raise of the extremes, the communists on the left and the Nazis on the right. Sure the circumstances were extremely hostile, the world economic crisis was worst in Germany and Germany still suffered from the effects of the revenge driven Versailles treaty. And of course people struggled finding their place in a new society, after over 1000 years of Reich history. But I believe that is no excuse to simply turn completely indifferent after Hitler was elected Chancellor in January 1933. It took him just 3 months to essentially eliminate political opposition and to dismantle all institutions of the republic. That could have not happened without the collective indifference of 80 million people and populace is to blame for that, no matter how tired and frustrated they were.

Those months after taking power is probably the time period most worth studying because it is what our democtratic societies should always have an eye on, especially in the wake of our goverments growing desire to know more about us with every day.

Very true my friend ...but it also should be understand that the vast majority of Germans were not hard core anti semites. After the putsch, and his release from prison he toned down the anti Jewish rhetoric considerably due to the fact he was determined to attain power thru legal political methods, instead of a "March on Berlin " or civil war.

I feel that if the German people knew that his ultimate aim was actual physical extermination of the Jews thru the final solution, there is no way in Helll he would ever have come into power. Most Germans wanted the Jews out of Germany, but in no way shape or form advocated killing them.

This view was shared by most European countrys, not just Germany.

Even Himmler himself stated that to " extinguish a race of peoples " ala the Bolsheviks, was an " UnGerman " thing to do. Of course this was said before Kristallnacht and Hitlers order of the final solution.

Bottom line at the point the serious persecutions of the Jews began, it was conform or die. To assist or hide a Jew made you an enemy of the Volk, a sentence of death. But many courageous Germans did.

As for the hilited part, people think something like that could never happen in America. They are mistaken IMO.

Knight of God likes this

I appreciate your generous attitude towards my country - and I think the generations after WWII deserve alot of praise - but you should not forget the collective and fatal indifference that the German populace of the past was guilty of. I am not even talking about 1939-1945, because by then the Nazi regime was a well oiled machine... but about the collapse of the Weimar republic and the raise of the extremes, the communists on the left and the Nazis on the right. Sure the circumstances were extremely hostile, the world economic crisis was worst in Germany and Germany still suffered from the effects of the revenge driven Versailles treaty. And of course people struggled finding their place in a new society, after over 1000 years of Reich history. But I believe that is no excuse to simply turn completely indifferent after Hitler was elected Chancellor in January 1933. It took him just 3 months to essentially eliminate political opposition and to dismantle all institutions of the republic. That could have not happened without the collective indifference of 80 million people and populace is to blame for that, no matter how tired and frustrated they were.

Those months after taking power is probably the time period most worth studying because it is what our democtratic societies should always have an eye on, especially in the wake of our goverments growing desire to know more about us with every day.

I don't know if it was indifference.

BTW...All of my years of living there are my best memories. Thankful I was able to enjoy that time and very sad my wife and children haven't enjoyed that experience. Best place I have ever lived. Hands down.

Hitler is the most famous genocidal dictator but there are a few more in the 1 million+ genocide club. Hitler is actually only in 2nd place after Mao:

Genocidal Lunatic - Country/Years - # Killed

Menghistu (Ethiopia, 1975-78) 1,500,000

http://www.scaruffi....ics/dictat.html

I'm sure he killed a lot more than that. He had my Grandfather mercifully(and it was merciful after he spent the previous near decade in prison) killed in 1984.

I'm sure he killed a lot more than that. He had my Grandfather mercifully(and it was merciful after he spent the previous near decade in prison) killed in 1984.

He probably did. I think the estimates on the site I quoted were low/conservative estimates. Most were higher.