Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Brasky

Espn's Post Draft 2013 Nfl Power Rankings

47 posts in this topic

2013 Power Rankings: Offseason

Seahawks

11-5

--

Last Week: 1 The Seahawks used the draft to get stronger at defensive tackle and, surprisingly, running back. (Sando)

49ers

11-4-1

--

Last Week: 2 The 49ers stocked up on draft choices for the future, but they also found an immediate starter in safety Eric Reid. (Sando)

Broncos

13-3

--

Last Week: 3 With Peyton Manning, talented wide receivers and a mean defense, the Broncos will be a Super Bowl contender. (Fox)

Falcons

13-3

--

Last Week: 4 Think the Falcons wanted to improve at corner? They traded up to get Desmond Trufant, then took Robert Alford in the second round. (Sando)

Packers

11-5

+1

Last Week: 6 They used the draft to load up on the run game in the wake of Aaron Rodgers' big contract. (Graziano)

Read More: http://espn.go.com/n...ear/2013/week/0

I know the Seahags are a good team and all but I just don't expect them to have the same success as last season. Fully expecting a sophomore slump for Wilson

I know the Seahags are a good team and all but I just don't expect them to have the same success as last season. Fully expecting a sophomore slump for Wilson

They're getting it based on potential, which is all you can judge by in April, but I agree with you that it'll be harder for them to maintain what they did last year with all these heightened expectations.

Well I can live with it. I just dont think the Broncos are at all better than the Falcons.

Considering we beat them last year and they went one and done not sure why everyone is so high on them.

They're getting it based on potential, which is all you can judge by in April, but I agree with you that it'll be harder for them to maintain what they did last year with all these heightened expectations.

I get that but feel 4 or 5 would be more appropriate. I personally think the 49ers should be 1, Falcons 2, and Broncos 3. With that said I think the 49ers could have some issues as well. A couple of good hits on Kaperdick might slow his roll...

Seattle will be there just like they were last year. Out of all those new QBs, I think he is the one that will be able to adjust. You will hear a lot of him over the years just like Luck.

Considering we beat them last year and they went one and done not sure why everyone is so high on them.

They won 11 straight to end the season and would have beat the Ravens if not for a bad play on D at the end of regulation. Gotta give one AFC team a top 3 ranking.

These rankings actually arent bad. I think the Ravens should be up there. Their draft was great.

Eric Reid. I heard he wasnt very good in coverage. Is that true? If so, he doesnt really solve any of their problems

Bill Brasky likes this

Nope, we never got the benefit of the doubt when we went one and done Denver shouldn't either. We also had an 8 game winning streak. No reason Denver should be above us

"Hey, let's put the Broncos higher than the Falcons, despite the fact that the Falcons beat them on prime time, and the Falcons advanced further in a stronger conference.. That makes sense."

Stupid ESPN logic is stupid.

They won 11 straight to end the season and would have beat the Ravens if not for a bad play on D at the end of regulation. Gotta give one AFC team a top 3 ranking.

The Broncos lost to pretty much every GOOD team they played during the regular season then went on a 11 game win streak against weaker opponents like the chiefs, raiders etc. The Broncos still had a chance to beat the ravens after Bailey screwed up, but Manning threw a interception that lead to the ravens taking the lead and winning.

Broncos are a good team but they are overhyped...

Russell Wilson won't have a sophomore slump. Dude is one of the smartest young QBs I've ever seen. Careful too, you don't see him take hits like Griffin 3.

neekah likes this

lol @ saintsreport.

Didn't realize that Dan Grazinao was a friend of the Falcons. Good work sir, putting Falcons at #1 and Aints at #20. laugh.png

The Broncos lost to pretty much every GOOD team they played during the regular season then went on a 11 game win streak against weaker opponents like the chiefs, raiders etc. The Broncos still had a chance to beat the ravens after Bailey screwed up, but Manning threw a interception that lead to the ravens taking the lead and winning.

Broncos are a good team but they are overhyped...

Well, I mean it's an offseason power ranking, every team at the top is being overhyped to an extent. You could say the same for our no Defense playing selves being at #4.

Pacific_Falcon likes this

Well, I mean it's an offseason power ranking, every team at the top is being overhyped to an extent. You could say the same for our no Defense playing selves being at #4.

The falcons 49ers and Seahawks all impressed me more then the Broncos though. Just my opinion though

Russell Wilson won't have a sophomore slump. Dude is one of the smartest young QBs I've ever seen. Careful too, you don't see him take hits like Griffin 3.

A lot of smart qbs have had sophmore slumps including Ryan and Peyton manning.....

"Wishful thinking" He is as good as advertised...accept it...it happens.