Delaware Lb Paul Worrilow

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#21 S Y c o L A

S Y c o L A

Probation

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,892 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

Undrafted guys get the crappiest music. I like him though

#22 fashiontopia

fashiontopia

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Why the h+ll have we not signed Vince Williams yet...

#23 Wil Masisak

Wil Masisak

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hey, I host a football show that's NFL and Steelers-related... Have been stark raving mad about Worrilow for months now.

I think Worrilow is the absolute steal as a UDFA, who will make your team, immediately be a valued Special Teamer, and challenge for a starting job at one of the LB spots.  He might be the fastest guy in this draft, with weight taken into account... Extremely good short area quickness. 3.97 short shuttle and 6.50 3 cone would be basically the best in this draft class... AT WIDE RECEIVER.  He played every defensive down AND special teams at Delaware, where he went from walk-on to Captain to DMVP. That second YouTube clip above is awesome... He makes three great plays in a row on defense and then calls the ST play and blocks the gunner. The only knocks I have on him are that he's a bit maxed out size wise at around 238 and he played at FCS/ i.e. Div 1-AA. Oh, and his coaches had to force him to not do pushups or ride the stationary bike during games... He's football crazy.

I also happened to interview Terren Jones last week for my show.  You can hear it at:    

Terren Jones is a massive human being with unbelievable grace and feet for a person his size and length.  Extremely long arms.  He's also the first guy out of his stance at the snap and wins as a blocker by beating smaller men to the spot.  If he learns refined technique, he can definitely be a LT at the NFL level.

#24 Wil Masisak

Wil Masisak

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

http://recordings.ta...741034.mp3.   Do you guys not allow links?  I try again to link the interview with terren jones.  If it doesn't work you an find it by searching on twitter @OTeeJay_   And   @AccidentalZen

#25 Wil Masisak

Wil Masisak

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

P.s.: Vince Williams got drafted by the Steelers in Rd 6

#26 ocoee_falcon

ocoee_falcon

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

I am really intrigued by this player as well. I hope he pans out.

Oddly enough- the Falcons devoted zero draft picks to the LB positions this offseason but this is the position that I feel the most optimistic about. Certainly will be interesting.

#27 The Great American

The Great American

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostSycOLa..........., on 28 April 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

Undrafted guys get the crappiest music. I like him though

I guess I'm old fashioned but I actually liked it better than a potty-mouthed rapper.

#28 dmo_dlo

dmo_dlo

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostWil Masisak, on 29 April 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

Hey, I host a football show that's NFL and Steelers-related... Have been stark raving mad about Worrilow for months now.

I think Worrilow is the absolute steal as a UDFA, who will make your team, immediately be a valued Special Teamer, and challenge for a starting job at one of the LB spots.  He might be the fastest guy in this draft, with weight taken into account... Extremely good short area quickness. 3.97 short shuttle and 6.50 3 cone would be basically the best in this draft class... AT WIDE RECEIVER.  He played every defensive down AND special teams at Delaware, where he went from walk-on to Captain to DMVP. That second YouTube clip above is awesome... He makes three great plays in a row on defense and then calls the ST play and blocks the gunner. The only knocks I have on him are that he's a bit maxed out size wise at around 238 and he played at FCS/ i.e. Div 1-AA. Oh, and his coaches had to force him to not do pushups or ride the stationary bike during games... He's football crazy.

I also happened to interview Terren Jones last week for my show.  You can hear it at:

Terren Jones is a massive human being with unbelievable grace and feet for a person his size and length.  Extremely long arms.  He's also the first guy out of his stance at the snap and wins as a blocker by beating smaller men to the spot.  If he learns refined technique, he can definitely be a LT at the NFL level.

Thanks a lot for the info. I did not know the guy but I'm at awe with his workout numbers, and he does look as fast on those youtube videos. I'm happy he has his shot and hopefully he'll make the most of it.

Oh and welcome to the boards!

#29 JDFIII

JDFIII

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

He reminds me of Dan Morgan.

#30 theProf

theProf

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

View Postdmo_dlo, on 29 April 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Thanks a lot for the info. I did not know the guy but I'm at awe with his workout numbers, and he does look as fast on those youtube videos. I'm happy he has his shot and hopefully he'll make the most of it.

Oh and welcome to the boards!
One of Worrilow's stats that hasn't been mentioned yet, is that he did 30 reps on the 225 lb bench press on his pro day. Strong as well as Fast!

http://www.nfldrafts...2013&genpos=ILB

#31 willer_rookie

willer_rookie

Rookie

• Pure Football
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

His pro day numbers are certainly off the charts...unreal.

#32 DelawareFalcFan

DelawareFalcFan

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

I've seen this kid play a lot and I have hopes for him to get a chance to show something in camp. being a FCS school really hurts our players chance at getting drafted (excluding flacco)

#33 setr

setr

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

bump

#34 Jimsmusic™

Jimsmusic™

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,701 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

i like what I see from him

#35 falcoatlantae

falcoatlantae

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

Paul Worrilow - Neglected Hen

#36 dmite

dmite

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,780 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

Is he the guy in True Blood?

#37 Robb4242

Robb4242

Thomas Dimitroff's newest intern

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,516 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostThe O.D.B, on 27 April 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

The New Bear Woods. Hit's hard, great tackler. ect.

https://www.youtube....h?v=tVTkklnjXzE

https://www.youtube....h?v=q-mbarU4sHw
This dude is playing like he wants a roster spot.

#38 Duff_Man

Duff_Man

Thrusting At The Falcons

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

He is playing VERY well.

#39 setr

setr

Roster Player

• Forum Members