Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The O.D.B

Delaware Lb Paul Worrilow

46 posts in this topic

The thing that jumped out on him was that he only weighs 225ish pounds. Gonna have to bulk up to play LB in the NFL :)

The official Delaware football sight has him listed at 6'0 230... I've seen varying reports, we need **** Tracy on the case.

UDFA LBs have the best shot I think.

UDFA LBs have a better shot than the LBs we drafted. Can't say that every year can ya?

It was strictly lack of FBS competition. We have a real gem here. He went through a 6 hour procedure to donate stem cells to save a girls life he didn't even know... so I don't think there are any "off the field" issues to worry about :)

Shuswap likes this

Nah, actually looks like you typical big blue collar type of guy. hits like one too.

reminds me of Chris Spielman.

I like the Paul Worrilow signing too. I also like Brandon Thurmond & Ronnie Wingo. All 3 have above average speed for their position.

Hey, I host a football show that's NFL and Steelers-related... Have been stark raving mad about Worrilow for months now.

I think Worrilow is the absolute steal as a UDFA, who will make your team, immediately be a valued Special Teamer, and challenge for a starting job at one of the LB spots.  He might be the fastest guy in this draft, with weight taken into account... Extremely good short area quickness. 3.97 short shuttle and 6.50 3 cone would be basically the best in this draft class... AT WIDE RECEIVER.  He played every defensive down AND special teams at Delaware, where he went from walk-on to Captain to DMVP. That second YouTube clip above is awesome... He makes three great plays in a row on defense and then calls the ST play and blocks the gunner. The only knocks I have on him are that he's a bit maxed out size wise at around 238 and he played at FCS/ i.e. Div 1-AA. Oh, and his coaches had to force him to not do pushups or ride the stationary bike during games... He's football crazy.

I also happened to interview Terren Jones last week for my show. You can hear it at: http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-112579/TS-741034.mp3

Terren Jones is a massive human being with unbelievable grace and feet for a person his size and length.  Extremely long arms.  He's also the first guy out of his stance at the snap and wins as a blocker by beating smaller men to the spot.  If he learns refined technique, he can definitely be a LT at the NFL level.

Culain_04, dmo_dlo and gHost83 like this