Sio Moore Or Sean Porter 2Nd Round Pick

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Kayoh

Kayoh

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

Two guys that can rush the passer and cover.  One of the two will be a Falcon.  I'd prefer Sio Moore, but he might not be available at 60, so Porter is an excellent consolation prize.

#2 Falcan Moore

Falcan Moore

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

No thanks, unless it's Moore. Would be fine trading down for Porter, but at 60? Eh.

And I know trading down isn't as easy as it sounds, but Porter at 60 feels like a massive reach.

#3 Kayoh

Kayoh

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostYork, on 25 April 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

No thanks, unless it's Moore. Would be fine trading down for Porter, but at 60? Eh.

And I know trading down isn't as easy as it sounds, but Porter at 60 feels like a massive reach.
Porter is underrated I think.  Sack machine when given the opportunity in 2011, played a lot of nickel in 2010, did a little of both in 2012.  Any time you watch Damontre Moore or Spencer Nealy film, Porter is always flashing.  I'd take him at 60 knowing that we don't have a 3rd anymore.

#4 Falcan Moore

Falcan Moore

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostKayoh, on 25 April 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

Porter is underrated I think.  Sack machine when given the opportunity in 2011, played a lot of nickel in 2010, did a little of both in 2012.  Any time you watch Damontre Moore or Spencer Nealy film, Porter is always flashing.  I'd take him at 60 knowing that we don't have a 3rd anymore.
I'm just greedy, I guess.

#5 Kayoh

Kayoh

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

View PostYork, on 25 April 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

I'm just greedy, I guess.

And I'm determined.  You saw my last mock - I like Moore enough to have taken him in the 1st round.  I like Porter enough to take him in the 2nd if Moore isn't there, which I don't think he will be.

#6 Falcan Moore

Falcan Moore

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostKayoh, on 26 April 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

And I'm determined.  You saw my last mock - I like Moore enough to have taken him in the 1st round.  I like Porter enough to take him in the 2nd if Moore isn't there, which I don't think he will be.
No one thought Floyd would be there at 23 either...we're in for a treat tomorrow. Which is part of why I wanted us to trade back, but I'll get over it.

#7 Psychic Gibbon

Psychic Gibbon

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,179 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

Porter's stock has been lower than initially anticipated, which is fine by me. Now they can probably pick him up in the 4th without moving up or even just sit on the comp pick in the 4th and get him. As long as they get him then I'll be happy. I'd also prefer him over Moore. He's more athletic and explosive I think, just more technically raw and undersized.

#8 Kayoh

Kayoh

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

View PostYork, on 26 April 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

No one thought Floyd would be there at 23 either...we're in for a treat tomorrow. Which is part of why I wanted us to trade back, but I'll get over it.
Understandable.  And I know Porter isn't as good as Moore - Moore to me is a freakish guy, though.  I did just watch Porter jack Chance Warmack up and under like he was nothing to sack McCarron, though.  That's something we don't have on this team.

#9 Falcan Moore

Falcan Moore

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:18 AM

View PostKayoh, on 26 April 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

Understandable.  And I know Porter isn't as good as Moore - Moore to me is a freakish guy, though.  I did just watch Porter jack Chance Warmack up and under like he was nothing to sack McCarron, though.  That's something we don't have on this team.
Not quite the same type of player, but...

Was my sleeper pick and probably one of the best coverage linebackers in the draft...if he'd gotten to the Senior Bowl early instead of subbing in at the last second, he'd probably be talked about in the same range as more, or at least close to it. No one talking about him, even with his insane stats. Saw him a few weeks ago when I was watching DJ Hayden, he's a massive sleeper.

#10 Kayoh

Kayoh

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

You really think he's that good?  I was watching him earlier and he seems like a projection.  Struggled big time with Fauria, UCLA's QB is just awful.

#11 dchen46

dchen46

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostYork, on 26 April 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

Not quite the same type of player, but...

Was my sleeper pick and probably the best coverage linebacker in the draft...if he'd gotten to the Senior Bowl early instead of subbing in at the last second, he'd probably be talked about in the same range as more, or at least close to it. No one talking about him, even with his insane stats. Saw him a few weeks ago when I was watching DJ Hayden, he's a massive sleeper.
What's his name?

#12 Falcan Moore

Falcan Moore

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

View PostKayoh, on 26 April 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

You really think he's that good?  I was watching him earlier and he seems like a projection.  Struggled big time with Fauria, UCLA's QB is just awful.
Fauria's also about 7 inches taller...this is the only game of "his" that's up on YT, his body of work as a whole is pretty dang impressive. I like him against almost everyone he's faced...Fauria owned him a couple times, but he still covers very well.

#13 primetime

primetime

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

Arthur brown for me - and like trufant he's team captain. We might need to trade up but im happy as **** be a day 1 starter at a position of need

#14 Smiler11

Smiler11

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

I think they'll be in the conversation.

#15 Kayoh

Kayoh

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

View Postprimetime, on 26 April 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

Arthur brown for me - and like trufant he's team captain. We might need to trade up but im happy as **** be a day 1 starter at a position of need

I love Arthur Brown but for him to drop all the way to 60 would require a borderline miracle.

View PostSmiler11, on 26 April 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

I think they'll be in the conversation.

I hope so.  I seriously think that our ideal position fit in the 2nd is a LB that can cover and rush the passer, and to me, Sio Moore and Sean Porter are the two best guys that fill that role.

#16 Psychic Gibbon

Psychic Gibbon

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,179 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostKayoh, on 26 April 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

I love Arthur Brown but for him to drop all the way to 60 would require a borderline miracle.

It happened last year with Konz and he was actually graded to go in the 1st round.

#17 Kayoh

Kayoh

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostPsychic Gibbon, on 26 April 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

It happened last year with Konz and he was actually graded to go in the 1st round.

He's a center.  Centers and guards almost never get drafted as early as they're projected to - this year was a bit of an anomaly.  Linebackers, though, they're a commodity, especially in the 2nd round.  See Bobby Wagner, Lavonte David, Courtney Upshaw, Mychal Kendricks, Zach Brown, Akeem Ayers, Bruce Carter, Daryl Washington, Sean Lee, James Laurinaitis, Rey Maualuga, Clint Sintim, etc

#18 Psychic Gibbon

Psychic Gibbon

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,179 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostKayoh, on 26 April 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

He's a center.  Centers and guards almost never get drafted as early as they're projected to - this year was a bit of an anomaly.  Linebackers, though -  especially ones that can cover, like Brown - they're a commodity.

I'm well aware of that, but I was still surprised he fell all the way to the bottom of the 2nd to us. You'd think someone who was constantly compared to Ryan Kalil would be taken sooner, but that's alright since we got him. Also, there are a good deal more LBs available than expected. Unless there's a run on LBs instead of CBs as expected then at least one of them will be falling.

#19 Kayoh

Kayoh

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

View PostPsychic Gibbon, on 26 April 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

I'm well aware of that, but I was still surprised he fell all the way to the bottom of the 2nd to us. You'd think someone who was constantly compared to Ryan Kalil would be taken sooner, but that's alright since we got him. Also, there are a good deal more LBs available than expected. Unless there's a run on LBs instead of CBs as expected then at least one of them will be falling.

Every top center prospect gets compared to Kalil.  Especially the white ones. :P

#20 MSalmon

MSalmon

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

I love Porter., But hes undersized and should ve there in the 4th. You know a LB that I could see us grabbing in 2nd would be Chase Thomas. He didn't test well, but the kid can play. And he can play 43 SLB and ILB and OLB in the 34. He's even capable of putting his hand in the dirt.
He fits the TD profile of smart, good football player and team captain. He's an energetic high motor guy who's technically proficient .
He's been projected anywhere from the 2nd to 4th.