Why Not Trade Up? We Are In Win Now Mode.

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Stoic

Stoic

PURE FOOTBALL

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

If we go after someone who will contribute now...and get us to the Bowl....FINE! Do it! Just be right!!!!

#2 ya_boi_j

ya_boi_j

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,105 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

They can find instant contributers with the first 3 picks maybe 4

#3 fibonacci

fibonacci

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,770 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

to many holes to fill

LB nicholas scared a lot of people in coverage.....people forgot how Peterson stepped up for us, and he will be leaving.

DE (people forget that we needed one with Abe and Biermann....and for some reason people are thinking with letting abe go and Osi come in, they think we got 2 DE's or something)

DT (we are hybrid and need a guy there)

CB (robinson gone)

CB (do you really trust Asante being hurt sometimes and a rookie who performed well???)

then we have not even talked about Offense.

and the D players are guys that need to be starting (minus the second CB we draft). therefore we cannot miss out on 1-4 rounds. and if we trade up guess what.....no team is going to take all our 5-7 picks and let us move up much (at most it would be trade 5-7; of what picks we can, and our 30. and we would get a 25 pick)

#4 UK13

UK13

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

what are you wanting to trade ?

#5 MayorWest13

MayorWest13

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

Why not trade down and get more high picks and I'd love to trade up in the second with our 60 pick to get okafor for won't be a monster but will produce a solid number

#6 Stoic

Stoic

PURE FOOTBALL

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Falcons | May trade up in first round for CB
Sat, 13 Apr 2013 11:47:02 -0700
The Atlanta Falcons may look to trade up in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft in order to select a cornerback. University of Alabama CB Dee Milliner, Florida State CB Xavier Rhodes and University of Washington CB Desmond Trufant could be targets if the team does trade up.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/...s#ixzz2Qjn82o5m

#7 Unknown User

Unknown User

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,279 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

very interesting. Could be a lot of different things.

#8 The Falchemist

The Falchemist

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

If we trade up for a CB, I'm setting myself on fire in front of the gates at Flowery Branch.

#9 bt12483

bt12483

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

The problem with the "win now" mentality is you might suffer later.

For a franchise that hasn't won a SB, I guess that "win now" might be appealing. For franchises that already have SB win(s), they probably are looking at things from a long-term perspective.

Don't forget you have still have to pay Ryan and Jones.

#10 ya_boi_j

ya_boi_j

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,105 posts

If it's for a CB, it makes sense

#11 MayorWest13

MayorWest13

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

We have too many holes right now unless we are trading draft picks next year which I would also find stupid

#12 roddyyoudaman

roddyyoudaman

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

I think if TD is willing to trade up then he must be significantly high on someone, and as history shows it, his trade ups are usually worth it.

Everyone went nuts when we gave up all those picks for Julio, but there hasn't been another receiver like him or A.J. since then, so in TD I trust!

#13 blackredfellow

blackredfellow

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

View Postbt12483, on 17 April 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

The problem with the "win now" mentality is you might suffer later.

For a franchise that hasn't won a SB, I guess that "win now" might be appealing. For franchises that already have SB win(s), they probably are looking at things from a long-term perspective.

Don't forget you have still have to pay Ryan and Jones.
I understand our free agent signings will make the media say we are in win-now mode, but I really don't understand the sentiment. Ryan will be good for at least 7 more years. Julio is just getting started. We have a good young safety tandem and beast LB. We really just need one really good draft (at CB and DE) with maybe a few OL FA signing sprinkled in and we will be good for years to come. I'm not buying the win now perspective.

#14 dboyce10

dboyce10

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

EIFERT!!! My dreams may be coming true!

#15 Unknown User

Unknown User

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,279 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

View Postdboyce10, on 17 April 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

EIFERT!!! My dreams may be coming true!

No they are not. You need meds if you still believe we are getting a tight end. And now u seriously think we are trading up for one.

#16 Unknown User

Unknown User

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,279 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostThe Falchemist, on 17 April 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

If we trade up for a CB, I'm setting myself on fire in front of the gates at Flowery Branch.
You better get your matches and gas ready

#17 dboyce10

dboyce10

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostRYNE15, on 17 April 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

No they are not. You need meds if you still believe we are getting a tight end. And now u seriously think we are trading up for one.

Lol I never said I think thats what we are doing, I said it was my dream I wish it would happen.. If we were trading up for Eifert we wouldnt have to move that high up. The guy is gonna be an absolute study and one of the best players from this draft class mark my words.

#18 dboyce10

dboyce10

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Apparently Miami really looking to trade down to the late first round. They pick at 12 and some sources are speculating that ATL and SF are good trade partners. If we move to 12 we would be getting someone like Rhodes I would assume, potentially Mingo or Jones.

#19 Syndicate0017

Syndicate0017

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

View Postdboyce10, on 17 April 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Apparently Miami really looking to trade down to the late first round. They pick at 12 and some sources are speculating that ATL and SF are good trade partners. If we move to 12 we would be getting someone like Rhodes I would assume, potentially Mingo or Jones.

As much as I like Rhodes, that's just too steep a price to pay. Moving 18 spots in a deep draft class seems silly.

#20 dboyce10

dboyce10

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostSyndicate0017, on 17 April 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

As much as I like Rhodes, that's just too steep a price to pay. Moving 18 spots in a deep draft class seems silly.

Completely agree to much depth at corner in this draft I would rather have a guy like Taylor or Banks at 30 and keep our picks. But i think Rhodes has the highest ceilings of all the corners in the draft, just not really worth the moth from a supply and demand perspective. If we could get Anash or Star at 12 that might help us out a lot.