Bleacher Report- Falcons's To 3-4?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#21 Green Ranger

Green Ranger

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,094 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Well we were not successful in a hybrid defense. Hopefully we stick to 3-4 or 4-3.

#22 Knight of God

Knight of God

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,102 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostFalconsin2012, on 03 March 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

Good stuff, man.  I always love it when I can learn new things on this forum.  I may not agree with your opinion of Dimitroff but no one can doubt your knowledge of defensive football.

Thanks man.

View PostSkareffect, on 03 March 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

Well we were not successful in a hybrid defense. Hopefully we stick to 3-4 or 4-3.
Takes more than one year to see its returns.

#23 DawnOfThemBirds☑

DawnOfThemBirds☑

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,851 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

I think that was because the Falcons D lacked the talent last season. With Nolan's 2nd year of having FA and probably more input in this year's draft that should change.

No matter what scheme a defense runs, at the end of the day you have to have talent for it to work.

#24 Exp

Exp

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

#5 scoring defense

Although we are technically a 4-3, we may have had more plays in a 3-4 this year. Which is why i don't see why we would not go ahead and call a switch there. Or can a defense's base defense be a hybrid defense?:P

The hybrid defense we ran and the schemes we had each week is why our defense looked good so often. We were compensating for our lack of talent with scheme and clever play calling.

#25 Knight of God

Knight of God

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,102 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostExp, on 03 March 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

#5 scoring defense

Although we are technically a 4-3, we may have had more plays in a 3-4 this year. Which is why i don't see why we would not go ahead and call a switch there. Or can a defense's base defense be a hybrid defense?Posted Image

The hybrid defense we ran and the schemes we had each week is why our defense looked good so often. We were compensating for our lack of talent with scheme and clever play calling.

;)

#26 direwolf

direwolf

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostClark Kent™, on 03 March 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

This ^

Lost all credibility with that statement right there. If anyone on our roster could play the nose in a 3-4 it is Travian Robertson. Honestly Peria may be the last option on our entire D line that i would want to play NT lol awful awful awful

Also i don't see how Abe would be such a horrible fit in a 3-4. Yeah he wouldn't be able to hang  with a very speedy RB, but not many OLB's can. He could be used just like he is now, on a pass rushing basis. I just don't see that as the reason he was cut. It had to be mainly because of his cap hit.

Try reading the rest of the article, man. A bit further down, it says that any 3-4 with Peria Jerry at the nose has DT as a huge need. The author knows that Jerry isn't a fit. However, he was basing that depth chart on PLAYERS WHO ARE CURRENTLY UNDER CONTRACT!!!

Really, folks, do try actually finishing an article before badmouthing it.

#27 maorifalcon

maorifalcon

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

If we did go 3-4 I hope we draft J Williams, I could see us getting a faster LB corps and buzz around like the cards. That D is what I would try and base ours upon opposed to a slower ravens D

#28 mumblesjr

mumblesjr

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

good article. have to read the whole thing. jerry isn't NT, gotta draft. franks isn't the starting db either... think this is what is going to happen. i can't wait.

NT@30 is the pick,and i think DE/DB/LB @ 60

#29 Herr Doktor

Herr Doktor

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Time for a human eclipse on the DL.  Ted Washingtons 22 year old clone would be a nice start!