I Think I Have A Problem. I Just Did Something I Am Ashamed Of.

* - - - - 4 votes anger and football

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#1 Minus Whale

Minus Whale

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Let me just start by saying I love my wife and kids and I wouldn't purposely do anything to hurt them.  I have a history of anger problems which forced me to go to anger management and my counselor identified my love of sports as a potential problem.  Anyhow, I'm sharing this because I know I am not alone and I know this issue is more prevalent than most would care to admit.

When Roddy dropped the ball at the end of the game I lost my mind.  I picked up my 40 inch flat screen and slammed it on the ground.  When I ripped the tv off its stand, the cord you plug into the wall whipped around and hit my 7 year old son in the face.  It didn't hit him hard but he started crying.  To make it worse, I was so angry that I didn't even notice.  My wife said he hid behind the couch and started crying uncontrollably, while I was in the other room slamming my head against the door frame.  

I feel absolutely horrible.  My wife won't talk to me and both of my children are scared.  Have any of you ever dealt with anything like this?  All I know is the Falcons better get their **** together next year because I can't take much more of this.

#2 SoCalFalconFan

SoCalFalconFan

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Get help. That's not normal. Speaking from experience. Your family doesn't deserve that. Half the battle is admitting you have a serious problem.

#3 Dirtybird56

Dirtybird56

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,733 posts

This is a copy-over from that Seattle fan lol

#4 Brehus

Brehus

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Order you some Phenibut it will make you feel better

#5 Falcons84

Falcons84

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

troll.

#6 Drwill

Drwill

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

View PostBoden Senco, on 20 January 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Let me just start by saying I love my wife and kids and I wouldn't purposely do anything to hurt them.  I have a history of anger problems which forced me to go to anger management and my counselor identified my love of sports as a potential problem.  Anyhow, I'm sharing this because I know I am not alone and I know this issue is more prevalent than most would care to admit.

When Roddy dropped the ball at the end of the game I lost my mind.  I picked up my 40 inch flat screen and slammed it on the ground.  When I ripped the tv off its stand, the cord you plug into the wall whipped around and hit my 7 year old son in the face.  It didn't hit him hard but he started crying.  To make it worse, I was so angry that I didn't even notice.  My wife said he hid behind the couch and started crying uncontrollably, while I was in the other room slamming my head against the door frame.  

I feel absolutely horrible.  My wife won't talk to me and both of my children are scared.  Have any of you ever dealt with anything like this?  All I know is the Falcons better get their **** together next year because I can't take much more of this.

I feel your pain man, It was a hard lose to take thats why you gotta step outta the room before you go ape ****. Its probly better and safer to get away from people when your pissed

#7 Bawse

Bawse

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,431 posts

You just reworded that post that was made on the Seahawks board after they lost. F*cking fail.

#8 reggiekush

reggiekush

Rookie

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

lol FAILCLOWN

#9 postseasonchampions

postseasonchampions

Rookie

• Banned Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostBoden Senco, on 20 January 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

****, I'm not actually able to troll this thread. Go see a mental health professional. That's coming from a narcissistic troll.

#10 Smittyball101

Smittyball101

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Watch old revenge of the nerds with tuggle2 instead.

#11 Flip Flop

Flip Flop

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Dude.  You should stop watching football.  There is no excuse for that.  Get help.   Your gonna screw up your kid if you dont.

#12 ya_boi_j

ya_boi_j

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,984 posts

Unless you are financially invested in the team,  it's not that serious man

#13 Minus Whale

Minus Whale

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Why would I make this up?  I'm sure it happens all the time.  I do need help.

#14 dirtybird2k5

dirtybird2k5

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

I just started drinking more beer.  Get over it man.  It's only a game.

#15 Bala Lowkz

Bala Lowkz

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

How about you make up something that hasnt been posted before you lol.

#16 SoCalFalconFan

SoCalFalconFan

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

You guys are making jokes, and this guy's family is actually in crisis. He needs professional help. I feel terrible for his wife and children. No one deserves a psycho for a husband or a Dad who can't control himself over a freakin' football game.

#17 MilleniumFalcon

MilleniumFalcon

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

WTF, worse thing I ever did was punch a hole in my drywall. Need to learn to control that anger. I was angry after that Roddy play but I kept it inside.

#18 ironkobe

ironkobe

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

you dumbass its just a game

#19 Ironworker808

Ironworker808

Practice Squad

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Foam bricks have saved my TV/walls/loved ones many many times over the years.

Fake thread or not, my post is 100% serious.

Now all I have to work on is yelling at the TV. Scares the **** out of the dogs.

#20 Bawse

Bawse

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,431 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Stop getting trolled, he copied and reworded the post from that guy over on the Hawks board about throwing his remote and shattering it.