So Who Do You Think Will Win On Sunday? San Francisco Or Atlanta?

- - - - - Falcons 49ers Kaepernick Ryan Spoon Willis JA55 Aldon Justin Super Bowl

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic

#81 falconsriseup2

falconsriseup2

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

i've seen some posts like this game will be a cake walk against the 49ers. it won't be. one does not simply get to the nfc championship game 2 years in a row without being a good team. obviously they are good if even john madden is picking them to win this game. we need to stop their run game. we'll see I hope we win but it will be close.

#82 PokerSteve

PokerSteve

Just Wants a Lombardi Dammit!

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,719 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

TBH, I have to say I dunno. Would love to see the Falcons play four QTRS like they did the 1st 2 against the Hawks.

Exactly. You'd like to say yeah, Falcons gonna win, but this team is like a box of chocolates..... you just never know what you're gonna get. The team that crapped the bed vs the Bucs? The team that blew the Giants out of the stadium? The team that slammed the mighty Seahawks in the first half? Or, the team that couldn't get a first down, couldn't tackle, couldn't pass rush, couldn't cover and played like the Wheeler High School Girls Cheerleading Squad vs the Seahawks in the second half?

I'd like to be optimistic, but this Falcons team gets too passive on offense and has major issues with pass rush, stopping the run, wrapping up on tackles and maintaining focus on defense. I think the 49ers win this 37-21. Hope I'm wrong, but this team has been living on the edge most of the season. Eventually that catches up to you and bites you on the azz.

Edited by PokerSteve, 16 January 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#83 poutlipper

poutlipper

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,904 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

ESPN advanced stats rated San Francisco the best OL overall in the NFL. Besides that, I watched both teams quite often.

lol you don't watch Atlanta

#84 Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky

Loves Buckets

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Exactly. You'd like to say yeah, Falcons gonna win,

Then just ******* say it.

I'd like to be optimistic,

Then just ******* be optimistic.

We are fans man, save the pessimism for the off season. It is four ******* days from the NFC championship game which we are hosting for the first time ever. If you can't be a little positive or optimistic at this point, then I don't know how you'll ever be. Time to get hype PokerSteve.

Posted Image

:lol:

#85 60niners

60niners

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

I'm really surprised that none of you even give SF a chance to win. If all I read was this forum, SF hasn't a chance in **** to win this game.

Does nobody really think they have a shot at winning?

And yes, I'm obviously a Niner fan, but I'm no troll. I'm not going to come here telling you how the Niners will dominate the game.... But I definitely think they have a shot at winning.

#86 Peyton

Peyton

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,813 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'm really surprised that none of you even give SF a chance to win. If all I read was this forum, SF hasn't a chance in **** to win this game.

And yes, I'm obviously a Niner fan, but I'm no troll. I'm not going to come here telling you how the Niners will dominate the game.... But I definitely think they have a shot at winning.

Of course the Niners have a chance to win., but it's a coin flip at best, they should not be favored.

I think Falcons fans are a bit defensive that they've beaten every single team on their schedule, including two teams that blew the doors off the Niners, and they are heavy underdogs.....at home.

I think it's amusing.

#87 sandiegofalcon

sandiegofalcon

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Everyone knows any team has a chance to win and any rational fan knows that the 49ers have a good shot to win. However we play very well at home and have beaten a lot of good teams this season at home.

It's a Falcons message board

#88 60niners

60niners

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Of course the Niners have a chance to win., but it's a coin flip at best, they should not be favored.

I think Falcons fans are a bit defensive that they've beaten every single team on their schedule, including two teams that blew the doors off the Niners, and they are heavy underdogs.

I think it's amusing.

I think as these types of things go, Falcons fans have a lot of familiarity with their team and they see things other fans don't see; same goes for the Niners. So I think it's pretty obvious that both fanbases think their respective team is on it's way to the superbowl.

#89 Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky

Loves Buckets

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Are any NIners fans giving the Falcons a chance to win? Go to your board and see what the consensus is on that. Don't come to our board and act like we should just concede to your team.

#90 poutlipper

poutlipper

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,904 posts

It's not that we don't think the 49ers can win, it's that if you read any article, watch any sports show, they're giving Atlanta no chance to win, and this has been the case all season, yet the Falcons have gone 14-3.

I don't know how much you've followed the Falcons this season, but almost every week it was Falcons will lose, Falcons can't beat so and so, then after we went 8-0, it became "we know Atlanta can win in the regular season, but they choke in the playoffs". So the last 2-3 months has been a theme that could not be altered by the Falcons until the playoffs. Then they can't beat Seattle, they do. Now it's "luck" and they can't beat the 49ers. ALL YEAR, we've heard how the Falcons can't beat anybody, yet they keep doing it. At this point I think most of us feel we can beat anybody. Sure the 49ers can win this game, but as of right now, we have no reason to believe that they will.

#91 60niners

60niners

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

It's a Falcons message board

Understand.

I've been lurking for a few days before I remember that I created an account some years back so I just felt compelled to post something lol. I guess I'm just surprised that I don't see much discussion of the game or matchups. Definitely see a lot of bickering and ish talking betweens the fans though... Maybe some Niner fans came and started things off on the wrong foot... i dunno.

#92 FalconFanForLife

FalconFanForLife

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

I believe we can beat San Francisco. I watch their games I see they can be an unit that can be outsmarted on offense. At the same time, SF is a team that is physically dominant and can get pressure with their front four. I expect Colin to have a great game and Ryan to play Cassell like as he did last Sunday and in all of his playoff performances till the final minute of the game. I picked Atlanta to win last week but this week, San Fran will win even though I badly want Atlanta to win.

San Francisco- 31
Atlanta- 10

While Atlanta will do a great job stopping the run, I expect SF OL to dominate pass blocking and give Kaep all day throwing the ball like Wilson. Kaep has better weapons and he can eat you up in the pocket as well. I expect Kaep to have a great game even if he doesn't run for more than 50 yards.

Well at least you dropped all pretenses about your trollship.

Falcons win another nailbiter the same way I PREDICTED LAST WEEK. A FG at the end takes us to the BIG ONE!

#93 Peyton

Peyton

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,813 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Understand.

I've been lurking for a few days before I remember that I created an account some years back so I just felt compelled to post something lol. I guess I'm just surprised that I don't see much discussion of the game or matchups. Definitely see a lot of bickering and ish talking betweens the fans though... Maybe some Niner fans came and started things off on the wrong foot... i dunno.

Falcons fans are generally pizzed off at the way the team is being covered. It doesn't really have much to do with the 49er fan visitors, I think most of them have been cool. And they understand what this game is all about better than most of the pundits too.

#94 Matty ICE

Matty ICE

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Kapernick looked great vs green bay. But we're at home and have a better d. coordinator.

ATL - 34
SF - 31

#95 Taydumz

Taydumz

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

I think SF is a very inconsistent team....they have been blown out by teams that the Falcons have handled. And if sf brings there weaker game into our house...it wont even be close. Otherwise....Falcons win 23-20.

I agree and feel kaep not handling the pressure well either from all this hype this week

#96 Taydumz

Taydumz

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Kapernick looked great vs green bay. But we're at home and have a better d. coordinator.

ATL - 34
SF - 31

Dont think it will get into the 30s nice avi though!

#97 JCity

JCity

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

WE ALL WE GOT! I'll take a 3 point game over San Fran, maybe a little higher scoring? 31-28?

As long as Clabo & the boys can hold their own against the front line I think we fair well against them offensively defensively contain is key, if our defense can fire off like they were last week and contain kaep from running all willy nilly i like our chances alot...

#98 Gore21

Gore21

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Tell you what...if the Falcons win I'll be pulling for you guys in the Superbowl. I think NE will beat the Ravens. I'm personally SICK of Tom Brady. The guy is like a bad smell that won't go away.

#99 TheShogun

TheShogun

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Is it sunday yet?

#100 putnam6

putnam6

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

I don't think the Falcons will win this game.......I absolutely ****in KNOW they will win this game

Another Close one 27-24

Yep but it's

Falcons 31
Niners. 27