Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowen

Three Weeks Ago; Sea 42 - Sf 13

92 posts in this topic

So recently; the Seahawks blew out SF by 30.. I understand Kaepernick is apparently the 2nd coming but honestly, even all my friends and me personally thought SF was going to get blown out by GB too last week.. SF Looked pretty bad at the end of the season. How are they suddenly considered the best team we've ever played??

I think most of us here thought SEA was the toughest opponent for us to match against (besides GB, due to past history) and we beat SEA. Barring our mental errors, we beat them pretty bad early on. We didn't care how "physical" they were, with our coordinators actually making gameplans (new for us in the past 5 years) we took care of business.

Somehow, Im not nearly as nervous going into this game as I was about last weekends.. Kaepernick is NOT as good as Wilson; their defense is arguably not as good as SEA defense, and we got over that playoff hump.

Besides Mike Smith making us slow down in the 2nd half again, I predict at least us winning by 10.

27-14

its gonna be a game where we might not be able to get the run game going like we did against Seattle. Seattle let us run all over them, and they got like 0 pressure on Ryan. They did however have some really good coverage in the secondary. This week we go against a weaker secondary, but a much stronger front. Our o-line will have to play their best game of the year this time around, and I do not see a repeat performance coming out from our backs Turner and Quizz. This one is on Matty Ice to go out and win through an aerial assault

That means nothing. Wilson is a better overall QB than Colin. But Colin is a better runner. San Fran has the best front 7 in football. This won't be easy at all. Colin is a lot like Cam. And he torched us. Nolan has to come up with something. I believe we will win in the end. Just don't see their D stopping our offense

I'd say 49ers front 7 Is better than Hawks. But I'm hearing rumors around Aldon Smith is not fully healthy either.

a Niner fan on here said he has a bad shoulder. And he also said that while Justin Smith played good he wasn't dominate like he was when he was healthy.

Besides Mike Smith making us slow down in the 2nd half again...
I hear this myth on this board quite a bit. Where does it come from? Why is this your perception?

I mean we threw 18 times in the first half and ran 16 times. We threw 17 times and ran 10 times in the second half.

What pedal did Smitty actually take off the metal?

So recently; the Seahawks blew out SF by 30.. I understand Kaepernick is apparently the 2nd coming but honestly, even all my friends and me personally thought SF was going to get blown out by GB too last week.. SF Looked pretty bad at the end of the season. How are they suddenly considered the best team we've ever played??

I think most of us here thought SEA was the toughest opponent for us to match against (besides GB, due to past history) and we beat SEA. Barring our mental errors, we beat them pretty bad early on. We didn't care how "physical" they were, with our coordinators actually making gameplans (new for us in the past 5 years) we took care of business.

Somehow, Im not nearly as nervous going into this game as I was about last weekends.. Kaepernick is NOT as good as Wilson; their defense is arguably not as good as SEA defense, and we got over that playoff hump.

Besides Mike Smith making us slow down in the 2nd half again, I predict at least us winning by 10.

27-14

The 49ers were so worn out and battered after the win against the Patriots that Vic Fagnio (our DC) gave the defense extra time off. Brady and the Patriots ran 96 plays against us, over 60 of which were in the second half - using a no-huddle that is designed to wear down defenses. What's more, we didn't have the single most important member of our defense, Justin Smith. We battered team playing against a fired up Hawks team in what is (IMO) the most hostile environment in football.

That's not taking anything away from Seattle. They proved they're the real deal, and they brought their A++ game. The Niners very well could have lost anyway, but you definitely didn't watch the real 49ers. Heck, you didn't even see the Niners D at their best against Greenbay. Justin Smith had just come back, wearing a brace and with limited playing time.

I hear this myth on this board quite a bit. Where does it come from? Why is this your perception?

I mean we threw 18 times in the first half and ran 16 times. We threw 17 times and ran 10 times in the second half.

Most the people that say it 1970 as you know mistake bad player execution for Smith somehow intervening in a game and going conservative. Its pretty dang funny if you ask me. Its not the offense going soft's fault their offense scored 21 in the 4th qtr. People are so ill informed. SMH.

The media is hyping the 49ers because Kaepernick had such a big game against Green Bay. As much hype as Kaepernick is getting this week I think the real key to this game will be stopping their run game, (obviously he's a part of that) but if we can also contain Gore our odds of winning go up significantly. If they sustain long drives like they did against the packers and keep our offense off the field it's going to be a very rough game.

The media is hyping the 49ers because Kaepernick had such a big game against Green Bay. As much hype as Kaepernick is getting this week I think the real key to this game will be stopping their run game, (obviously he's a part of that) but if we can also contain Gore our odds of winning go up significantly. If they sustain long drives like they did against the packers and keep our offense off the field it's going to be a very rough game.

As a 49ers fan I can agree with this, and not because Kaepernick isn't a good passer (he is!). Greg Roman (our OC) has this fixation with sticking with balanced play calling even if the run isn't working. He also used to have a problem with going run-run-run once we're in field goal range, but our kicker choking one too many times seems to have fixed that.

I'd say 49ers front 7 Is better than Hawks. But I'm hearing rumors around Aldon Smith is not fully healthy either.

The 49's front is much better; particularly on D. As stated here a 1000 times, it all depends on the health of Justin. He's one of the best.

One thing that I haven't see here that played a role in the Hawks beating them in Seattle; the noise. Kap was rattled. No Niner will admit it, but he lost it out there. Another issue Kap has is taking snaps under center. He's nowhere near as effective if forced to drop back first. The noise forced him closer to the line. Kap is very talented, but I don't think he has the poise/awareness of our guy.

The reason the 49ers beat the Packers was Green Bay's Todd Grantham approach. Rushing the edge versus a team that wouldn't throw the ball much in the first place.

The 49's front is much better; particularly on D. As stated here a 1000 times, it all depends on the health of Justin. He's one of the best.

One thing that I haven't see here that played a role in the Hawks beating them in Seattle; the noise. Kap was rattled. No Niner will admit it, but he lost it out there. Another issue Kap has is taking snaps under center. He's nowhere near as effective if forced to drop back first. The noise forced him closer to the line. Kap is very talented, but I don't think he has the poise/awareness of our guy.

Yeah I totally agree. I watched that game , of course not live but everyone here whom watched it with me was amazed at the noise level. I think we can come close. Of course we can't top it but in a playoff atmosphere , our first NFCCG at the GA dome I see us being quite loud for the young Kaepernick. I think HFA plays a great roll in this game.

The 49ers were so worn out and battered after the win against the Patriots that Vic Fagnio (our DC) gave the defense extra time off. Brady and the Patriots ran 96 plays against us, over 60 of which were in the second half - using a no-huddle that is designed to wear down defenses. What's more, we didn't have the single most important member of our defense, Justin Smith. We battered team playing against a fired up Hawks team in what is (IMO) the most hostile environment in football.

That's not taking anything away from Seattle. They proved they're the real deal, and they brought their A++ game. The Niners very well could have lost anyway, but you definitely didn't watch the real 49ers. Heck, you didn't even see the Niners D at their best against Greenbay. Justin Smith had just come back, wearing a brace and with limited playing time.

Justin won't be anywhere close to healthy until he gets surgery. And he played in over 90% of the defensive plays. So what limited playing time are you talking about?

Justin won't be anywhere close to healthy until he gets surgery. And he played in over 90% of the defensive plays. So what limited playing time are you talking about?

Was it over 90%? I didn't see stats on it. Watching it in a bar I just remember seeing him out more than usual. It's usually almost never gets subbed. I agree with you about him not being close to being healthy, and as someone else pointed out, Aldon Smith is rumored to be injured as well. I think a HEALTHY 49ers team is the best in football, but our depth in Defense is severely lacking.

its gonna be a game where we might not be able to get the run game going like we did against Seattle. Seattle let us run all over them, and they got like 0 pressure on Ryan. They did however have some really good coverage in the secondary. This week we go against a weaker secondary, but a much stronger front. Our o-line will have to play their best game of the year this time around, and I do not see a repeat performance coming out from our backs Turner and Quizz. This one is on Matty Ice to go out and win through an aerial assault

This is a solid post. Seattle's DBs are better than the Niners, though our safeties are pretty top notch, but not great coverage guys. The front 7 is the difference. Specifically, as you pointed out getting a running game going. Willis and Bowman are both first team all pro with speed to spare. While Aldon and Justin are a little banged up, especially Justin, your Oline will need to play a great game. On the Niners end our CBs will have to play very well and Kaep will have to be very wary of your defensive backs.

As a 49ers fan I can agree with this, and not because Kaepernick isn't a good passer (he is!). Greg Roman (our OC) has this fixation with sticking with balanced play calling even if the run isn't working. He also used to have a problem with going run-run-run once we're in field goal range, but our kicker choking one too many times seems to have fixed that.

four years of mike mularkey, abusing michael turner much the same way, yeah, we DO understand that

Greg Roman (our OC) has this fixation with sticking with balanced play calling even if the run isn't working.

Sounds familiar lol

Defense was in prevent pretty much the whole second half. It wasn't the offense that stalled, it was the defense.

If I were a Niners fan I'd be embarrassed to come out of my house after getting beat like that by that Seahawks team.

kETZk.gif

And then there are the rest of us who aren't bandwaggon fans.

If I were a Niners fan I'd be embarrassed to come out of my house after getting beat like that by that Seahawks team.

kETZk.gif

Yeah it sucked, but now we are looking at a second straight NFCCG and being favored by 4. **** happens oh well.

2008. 2nd to last game of the season. Titans 31, Steelers 14. Steelers win the Super Bowl.

2009. Saints lose last three games of the year. Win the Super Bowl.

2010. Packers lose 2 of their last 4 games, barely make the playoffs. Win the Super Bowl.

2011. Giants lose 23-10 at home to the Redskins in the third to last game of the year. Barely make the playoffs. Win the Super Bowl.

Doesn't really matter much at this point. I mean, did it matter much last week?