Three Weeks Ago; Sea 42 - Sf 13

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
91 replies to this topic

#21 Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky

is a son of a *****

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

If I were a Niners fan I'd be embarrassed to come out of my house after getting beat like that by that Seahawks team.

Posted Image

#22 USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostBill Brasky, on 15 January 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

If I were a Niners fan I'd be embarrassed to come out of my house after getting beat like that by that Seahawks team.

Posted Image

And then there are the rest of us who aren't bandwaggon fans.

#23 GO NINERS!

GO NINERS!

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostBill Brasky, on 15 January 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah it sucked, but now we are looking at a second straight NFCCG and being favored by 4. **** happens oh well.

#24 BleedRedAndGold

BleedRedAndGold

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

2008. 2nd to last game of the season. Titans 31, Steelers 14. Steelers win the Super Bowl.
2009. Saints lose last three games of the year. Win the Super Bowl.
2010. Packers lose 2 of their last 4 games, barely make the playoffs. Win the Super Bowl.
2011. Giants lose 23-10 at home to the Redskins in the third to last game of the year. Barely make the playoffs. Win the Super Bowl.

Doesn't really matter much at this point. I mean, did it matter much last week?

#25 diehardfalconsfan

diehardfalconsfan

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

shhhhhhh that never happened you know Posted Image

Oh and pat has a pick of nearly 118 decibels in the dome sunday. I think we beat that this week.

Edited by diehardfalconsfan, 15 January 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#26 falcndave

falcndave

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

That was a wacky game played in the rainstorm.  Blocked FG early.  Slick Beast Mode sliding off solid hits. I just watched the replay.  SF just wanted to get out of the rain and go home.

#27 jm_falcons

jm_falcons

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

SF front 7 is better than the Seahawks....but there secondary is worse. If the Falcons OL can protect Ryan....White...Julio and Gonzo will torch there secondary. This will help to set up the run.

If the Falcons have a 3rd and 7 late in the game with a small lead....do not get conservative....attack that secondary to get that 1st down and keep the clock moving.

On defense....I'd have Spoon spy Kappnick(or whatever his hame is) and take his head off the 1st chance you get. Tighten up that pass D...we cannot have the TE 10 yds wide open every play again.

If Abe is not in the game...we will have to get a pass rush from somewhere. If we grab a lead late....depending on the size of the lead....SF will abandon the run at some point. Blitz and knock the living %^&^* out of Kappnick.

SF is the most physical team we have played. We need to match that at every point. Kappnick is a rookie....1st time at the dome....introduce him face 1st to the turf repeatedly.

#28 falcndave

falcndave

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

View Postjm_falcons, on 15 January 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

SF front 7 is better than the Seahawks....but there secondary is worse. If the Falcons OL can protect Ryan....White...Julio and Gonzo will torch there secondary. This will help to set up the run.

If the Falcons have a 3rd and 7 late in the game with a small lead....do not get conservative....attack that secondary to get that 1st down and keep the clock moving.

On defense....I'd have Spoon spy Kappnick(or whatever his hame is) and take his head off the 1st chance you get. Tighten up that pass D...we cannot have the TE 10 yds wide open every play again.

If Abe is not in the game...we will have to get a pass rush from somewhere. If we grab a lead late....depending on the size of the lead....SF will abandon the run at some point. Blitz and knock the living %^&^* out of Kappnick.

SF is the most physical team we have played. We need to match that at every point. Kappnick is a rookie....1st time at the dome....introduce him face 1st to the turf repeatedly.

We have to keep doing what we did last week. Throw it up to Julio and Roddy anything you see them one-on-one.

#29 chitowndirtybird

chitowndirtybird

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostSnowen, on 15 January 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

So recently; the Seahawks blew out SF by 30.. I understand Kaepernick is apparently the 2nd coming but honestly, even all my friends and me personally thought SF was going to get blown out by GB too last week.. SF Looked pretty bad at the end of the season. How are they suddenly considered the best team we've ever played??

I think most of us here thought SEA was the toughest opponent for us to match against (besides GB, due to past history) and we beat SEA. Barring our mental errors, we beat them pretty bad early on. We didn't care how "physical" they were, with our coordinators actually making gameplans (new for us in the past 5 years) we took care of business.

Somehow, Im not nearly as nervous going into this game as I was about last weekends.. Kaepernick is NOT as good as Wilson; their defense is arguably not as good as SEA defense, and we got over that playoff hump.

Besides Mike Smith making us slow down in the 2nd half again, I predict at least us winning by 10.

27-14
Public perception of the Falcons but more importantly because GB's D shat the bed... oh but that was all kaep... right.

#30 falcon124

falcon124

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostSnowen, on 15 January 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

So recently; the Seahawks blew out SF by 30.. I understand Kaepernick is apparently the 2nd coming but honestly, even all my friends and me personally thought SF was going to get blown out by GB too last week.. SF Looked pretty bad at the end of the season. How are they suddenly considered the best team we've ever played??

I think most of us here thought SEA was the toughest opponent for us to match against (besides GB, due to past history) and we beat SEA. Barring our mental errors, we beat them pretty bad early on. We didn't care how "physical" they were, with our coordinators actually making gameplans (new for us in the past 5 years) we took care of business.

Somehow, Im not nearly as nervous going into this game as I was about last weekends.. Kaepernick is NOT as good as Wilson; their defense is arguably not as good as SEA defense, and we got over that playoff hump.

Besides Mike Smith making us slow down in the 2nd half again, I predict at least us winning by 10.

27-14

Not true. We kept being aggressive and scored on a time chewing drive in the third after Seattle scored. Then our guy threw an untimely pick all the while Seattle was still scoring. If anything, we were too aggressive. We keep Kap off the field Sunday and mix explosion with ball control. Moving the chains and speeding the game up are our keys to the Super Bowl. GO FALCONS!!!!

#31 NorCal

NorCal

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

I would agree with what you said here.  The big "if" is whether Ryan is protected.  Its a key to the game IMO.  A good pass rush helps out any secondary.  

The other is the physical nature of the Niners team.  Every team's fans this year underestimate just how physical they are, and then after the game acknowledge it.

Oh, and Kap is not a rookie

#32 vel

vel

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,096 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

View Postyoungbloodz, on 15 January 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

That means nothing. Wilson is a better overall QB than Colin. But Colin is a better runner. San Fran has the best front 7 in football. This won't be easy at all. Colin is a lot like Cam. And he torched us. Nolan has to come up with something. I believe we will win in the end. Just don't see their D stopping our offense

Cam torched us in a game we were looking past them. The first time, he was held in relative check. If it weren't for Clabo getting analraped, it wouldn't have been as close in my opinion. Yes, San Fran's front 7 is good, but our OLine doesn't seem to givea**** anymore these days. They just punched Seattle in the mouth. That's what you guys are forgetting. They can be good, but they can be run on, held up and beat. I'm riding with my OLine on Sunday to take down San Fran. Justin Smith better rest that triceps. Aldon Smith better stop dodging contact and play with the big boys. He hasn't gotten a sack in a month and has been babying his shoulder. It's time to see if he wants to play or is just going to be a decoy. Willis and Bowman will be tied up with Tony and Quizz. We all know Rogers and Brown can't handle Roddy and Julio, even with safety help.

#33 Tylanta99

Tylanta99

Practice Squad

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostFalconFanSince1970, on 15 January 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

I hear this myth on this board quite a bit. Where does it come from? Why is this your perception?

I mean we threw 18 times in the first half and ran 16 time threw 17 times and ran 10 times in the second half.

What pedal did Smitty actually take off the metal?

The Clutch!! Our offense and defense stalled the 2nd half. We finally got rolling on the game winning drive.

The

Edited by Tylanta99, 15 January 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#34 vel

vel

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,096 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Why do you Niners fans keep pointing to the Seahawks stadium being a hostile environment as a reason for why they hung 42 points on yall? That's the saddest excuse I've ever heard. Just because it's loud doesn't mean they should score 42 points on your vaunted defense. It's going to be just as loud and raucous on Sunday. Should I expect 42 points? No. The last time we gave up 40+ points was Doush Brees and his record breaking night last season when they proceeded to rub it in.

You guys may have been tired and cruising, but 40 points is 40 points. We did the same with the Panthers before our Giants game and they only hung 30 and we lost by 10, not 30. Let's call those a wash when arguing about the schedules if that's going to be the case.

#35 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,159 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

View Postvel, on 15 January 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Cam torched us in a game we were looking past them. The first time, he was held in relative check. If it weren't for Clabo getting analraped, it wouldn't have been as close in my opinion. Yes, San Fran's front 7 is good, but our OLine doesn't seem to givea**** anymore these days. They just punched Seattle in the mouth. That's what you guys are forgetting. They can be good, but they can be run on, held up and beat. I'm riding with my OLine on Sunday to take down San Fran. Justin Smith better rest that triceps. Aldon Smith better stop dodging contact and play with the big boys. He hasn't gotten a sack in a month and has been babying his shoulder. It's time to see if he wants to play or is just going to be a decoy. Willis and Bowman will be tied up with Tony and Quizz. We all know Rogers and Brown can't handle Roddy and Julio, even with safety help.
Aldon isn't 100%. He is trying but playing with a hurt shoulder on the line is tough. I don't think San Fran front 4 can get any rush on Ryan. They have 38 sacks. 19.5 by Aldon. Basically Aldon is their pass rush. And without a healthy Justin he hasn't been effective

#36 USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

He's 6' 5, 230 lbs and runs 4.43. Good plan.

#37 ol'_dirty2

ol'_dirty2

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

View Post*NiteFalcon*, on 15 January 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

its gonna be a game where we might not be able to get the run game going like we did against Seattle. Seattle let us run all over them, and they got like 0 pressure on Ryan. They did however have some really good coverage in the secondary. This week we go against a weaker secondary, but a  much stronger front. Our o-line will have to play their best game of the year this time around, and I do not see a repeat performance coming out from our backs Turner and Quizz. This one is on Matty Ice to go out and win through an aerial assault
I think screens will actually work this week due to the front seven as you mentioned. We should make sure to throw a few well designed and even better timed screens in this game.

#38 ScarScream

ScarScream

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

I find it funny you guys keep bringing up that Seattle (11-5) game when:

You lost to the 7-9 Saints (which we beat in their dome)

You lost to the 7-9 Panthers

You lost to the 7-9 Buccaneers.

#39 Joremarid

Joremarid

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,506 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostScarScream, on 15 January 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

I find it funny you guys keep bringing up that Seattle (11-5) game when:

You lost to the 7-9 Saints (which we beat in their dome)

You lost to the 7-9 Panthers

You lost to the 7-9 Buccaneers.

do you really want to play this game?  you lost and tied the rams (7-8-1). you got absolutely demolished by the giants, beat down in every single way (falcons 34 - giants ZERO).  you also lost to christian ponder.  destroyed by the seahawks.  our worst loss was a 10 point loss. you have three losses by more then that. put another way, you lost by more points to the giants then if you add up all our point differential from losses all year.   we beat every team on our schedule.

you guys may have some ammunition to puff your chest out about, but it isn't the who lost to who game.

#40 ol'_dirty2

ol'_dirty2

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

View PostJoremarid, on 15 January 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

do you really want to play this game?  you lost and tied the rams (7-8-1). you got absolutely demolished by the giants, beat down in every single way (falcons 34 - giants ZERO).  you also lost to christian ponder.  destroyed by the seahawks.  our worst loss was a 10 point loss. you have three losses by more then that. put another way, you lost by more points to the giants then if you add up all our point differential from losses all year.   we beat every team on our schedule.

you guys may have some ammunition to puff your chest out about, but it isn't the who lost to who game.
Like button where ARE YOU!!!