Colin Kaapernik Is Not As Good As Russell Wilson

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
502 replies to this topic

#1 AthensDirtyBird

AthensDirtyBird

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

CK is not as good as RW. Frank gore is not as good as Marshawn Lynch. San Fran's D lately hasn't been as good as Seattle's. San Fran has better receivers though and better d line but I think having played Wilson we can be ready for an inferior Kaepernik. Anyone else feel that we already beat the better NFC west team? I know Kaepernik can make plays but id be surprised if he is as poised as RW was in his road playoff games, we shall see though.

#2 Kaptain Krazy

Kaptain Krazy

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostAthensDirtyBird, on 14 January 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

CK is not as good as RW. Frank gore is not as good as Marshawn Lynch. San Fran's D lately hasn't been as good as Seattle's. San Fran has better receivers though and better d line but I think having played Wilson we can be ready for an inferior Kaepernik. Anyone else feel that we already beat the better NFC west team? I know Kaepernik can make plays but id be surprised if he is as poised as RW was in his road playoff games, we shall see though.

MUCH faster runner, not nearly the same passer. Wilson looks to make plays with his arm, he's a scrambling QB. Kaepernick is Vick, without the pretty deep ball. He'll make mistakes in the game, the Falcons DBs just have to capitalize when his throws are off and his judgment is poor. And Nolan has to figure out how to play the same containment D they did in the 1st half while also having someone - ANYone - cover the TE.

#3 xSICKxWITHxITx

xSICKxWITHxITx

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostAthensDirtyBird, on 14 January 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Yeah Kap isn't better, maybe faster that's it. I don't think Niners have better receivers either. About the same or give the edge to the Hawks. Niners D line is only better with a healthy Justin Smith.

#4 Tuggle'14

Tuggle'14

The Hammer!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,416 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostKaptain Krazy, on 14 January 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

MUCH faster runner, not nearly the same passer. Wilson looks to make plays with his arm, he's a scrambling QB. Kaepernick is Vick, without the pretty deep ball. He'll make mistakes in the game, the Falcons DBs just have to capitalize when his throws are off and his judgment is poor. And Nolan has to figure out how to play the same containment D they did in the 1st half while also having someone - ANYone - cover the TE.

Yea I agree with this.  I think Seattle is a better team then San Francisco.  We will definitely have to cover the freaking TE!  I swear I was going to rip all my hair out with Miller yesterday.

#5 phattywankenobi

phattywankenobi

Falconologist

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,852 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

I remember Kapernick's first game and thought he was a pleasant surprise and more of an overinflated up and comer.  My thoughts have changed a bit after his Saturday performance.

#6 paulitik

paulitik

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,791 posts

Yeah, he's not even close. I don't see Kaepernick ever coming back from a 3 score deficit. Stop the run, stop the deep ball, keep somebody on Vernon Davis, and we can win this. Easier said than done, but possible.

#7 Exar0s

Exar0s

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

San Francisco does not scare me nearly as much as Seattle did. I do believe we already bear the beat team left in the NFC Playoffs. Remember Seattle put a 40 burger on San Francisco.

#8 LADBABY

LADBABY

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

If I was neutral on this game I would give them the edge except at quarterback.
Kaepernick is talented but not as far along as Matt Ryan.

#9 xSICKxWITHxITx

xSICKxWITHxITx

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

View Postphattywankenobi, on 14 January 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

I remember Kapernick's first game and thought he was a pleasant surprise and more of an overinflated up and comer.  My thoughts have changed a bit after his Saturday performance.

Packer D was horrible. They kept their backs to him and let him run wild.

#10 Atlfanstckndenver

Atlfanstckndenver

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Russel was incredibly impressive. Hard to see kap doing BETTER.

#11 Koba

Koba

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Let's look at Kaep's numbers:

SF @ NE (W) 41-34....Kaep was 14 of 25 for 221 yards with 4 fumbles and 0 lost. He threw 4 TDs.

SF@Sea (L) 13-42...Kaep was 19 of 36 for 244 yards. He threw for 1 TD

Az@SF (W) 27-13...Kaep was 16 of 28 for 276 yards. He threw for 2 TDs

Ok that's a small sample. CK doesn't throw the ball as much as Wilson but he must be completing alot of big plays down field to still net over 200 yards. So with him I think you have to not only stop Gore but minimize the explosive plays. If we can get a lead I don't know if he will be as poised as Wilson.

#12 falcon_owns_nfc_south

falcon_owns_nfc_south

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

He has to play on the road, we would see how he handles road game....

#13 DawnOfThemBirds☑

DawnOfThemBirds☑

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,979 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Kaepernick is a run first QB. Also, the Packers secondary is horrible and their front 7 did not try to contain him from running. Matthews did the wrong thing by trying to rush Kaepernick instead of setting the edge. Nolan will probably try to contain him from running and take chances with him throwing.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds, 14 January 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#14 Peyton

Peyton

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,171 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

I am confident the Falcons are going to win this game coming up but geez, you guys are way underselling Colin Kaepernick.  I mean it is absolutely insane the stuff I am reading.

#15 TheShogun

TheShogun

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

View Postfalcon_owns_nfc_south, on 14 January 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

He has to play on the road, we would see how he handles road game....
Check, the New England Road Game & New Orleans Road Game to see..New Orleans was his first road game, threw an int but mentally stayed sharp & won that game.
New England game, he best Brady with 4 TD's.

#16 Peyton

Peyton

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,171 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

The most important thing will be to keep CK from getting the edge.  It's lights out if he gets there.  Somehow, the Packers didn't seem to know that coming into the game.

#17 Koba

Koba

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostPeyton, on 14 January 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

I am confident the Falcons are going to win this game coming up but geez, you guys are way underselling Colin Kaepernick.  I mean it is absolutely insane the stuff I am reading.

Peyton what's your take on CK. I mean do you think he's much better than Wilson or about the same?

#18 falcon_owns_nfc_south

falcon_owns_nfc_south

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostTheShogun, on 14 January 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

Check, the New England Road Game & New Orleans Road Game to see..New Orleans was his first road game, threw an int bit mentally stayed sharp & won that game.
New England game, he best Brady with 4 TD's.

Its a big difference between regular season and playoff game....its a totally different atmosphere

#19 Return of the Gaucho

Return of the Gaucho

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

I live in SF and I get to see all of the 9ers games.  Kaepernick is much better than he is being given credit for here.  He is going to make mistakes, and more of them than Wilson.  But he is still a qb that is capable of beating you with both his arm and his legs.  What is scary about the 9ers is just how good their offensive line is.  Kaepernick has time, Gore has holes, and if Abe isn't at least 80% on Sunday, the Falcons could be in trouble.

I think the wildcard for this game though is that Nolan can scheme some looks that will confuse Kaepernick.  9ers fans only remember Nolan as a head coach and assume he sucks.  They refuse to see just how good a DC he can be.  Don't know what happened yesterday in the 3rd and 4th quarter, but if that gets cleaned up, the Falcons have a solid chance.

#20 Darkflight

Darkflight

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostPeyton, on 14 January 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

It's just fans trying to make themselves feel good about the Falcons chances against the 49ers. It's not necessary but whatever works.