Sherman Showing Respect

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 ya_boi_j

ya_boi_j

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,633 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

January 10, 2013, 2:06 AM EST
Richard Sherman thinks Atlanta receivers are best tandem in league
Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman thinks the Atlanta Falcons receiving corps provides the biggest challenge his team has faced all season.

The Falcons’ duo of Julio Jones and Roddy White, along with tight end Tony Gonzalez, are among the most dynamic group of pass catchers the Seahawks have had to face this season.

“I would think so,” Sherman said Wednesday. “They’re two of the best in the league. They’re two of the best out there right now as individuals. For a tandem they’re probably the top tandem out there.”

Seattle has faced some of the best receivers in the game this season in Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall, but they haven’t seen a group that poses as big a threat as Atlanta will this week.

“I think it is really going to be an exciting match-up to watch. Their receivers are so good, and they target the heck out of those guys, them and Tony Gonzalez, so there is going to be a lot of chances in this game,” head coach Pete Carroll said.

Sherman praised the ability of Jones and White in their route-running and their ability to make an impact downfield. He said while both are dynamic players, they are effective in different ways.

“I think Roddy is more crafty of a route-runner,” Sherman said. “He uses different tricks and things. You can see that he’s a veteran when he’s route-running. Julio runs hard routes and plays the game more physical. I think he’s stronger in his routes and uses his body more.”

“This is probably the best pair [of receivers] and pair [of cornerbacks] that you could match-up, and because of the size, and because of their physical nature in the way that they play, it’s going to be really exciting to see, ” Carroll said.

The match-up of White and Jones against Sherman and Brandon Browner will be one of the most intriguing positional battles of the weekend. Which tandem is more effective on Sunday could go a long way in determining who earns the spot in the NFC Championship game. As always, Sherman is eager for the challenge.

“It’s going to be a fun match-up for us. It’s fun to play against good players. Good against good is always the best kind of game,” Sherman said.

#2 slimjim

slimjim

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

Seattle hasn't faced a pass offense since their loss to the Lions, on the road. OR all year, really.

It won't be easy for them Sunday, and the 2 best pass offenses they faced this year they drew at home earlier than that.

Atlanta has so much riding on this game and a lot in their favor. Seattle is the hype team that gets it's bubble popped.

#3 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,071 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

Will be a good match up. I'm sure Sherman will be on Roddy and Browner on Julio. Julio has to win his match up. Roddy will be Roddy. No CB is going to shut him down all game long. Sherman will win some and Roddy will win some. Harry will have to beat Trufant too. And nobody is checking Gonzo. I personally don't think their defense can stop our offense. But that's why they play the game

#4 B_Lo_Touchdowns

B_Lo_Touchdowns

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

Sounds like they finally watched game film on us......Too bad that they're overlooking HD. He is the X factor IMO.

#5 B_Lo_Touchdowns

B_Lo_Touchdowns

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

View Postyoungbloodz, on 10 January 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

Will be a good match up. I'm sure Sherman will be on Roddy and Browner on Julio. Julio has to win his match up. Roddy will be Roddy. No CB is going to shut him down all game long. Sherman will win some and Roddy will win some. Harry will have to beat Trufant too. And nobody is checking Gonzo. I personally don't think their defense can stop our offense. But that's why they play the game

Trufant will guard TG. HD will be open. Put Harry and Quizz out there same time as RW, JJ and TG and seahawks have no answer

#6 FalconsAboveBoard

FalconsAboveBoard

Starting Lineup

• Banned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostB_Lo_Touchdowns, on 10 January 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

Sounds like they finally watched game film on us......Too bad that they're overlooking HD. He is the X factor IMO.

Ah yep. . . I mentioned this before.

#7 youngbloodz

youngbloodz

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,071 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

View PostB_Lo_Touchdowns, on 10 January 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

Trufant will guard TG. HD will be open. Put Harry and Quizz out there same time as RW, JJ and TG and seahawks have no answer
Trufant **** sure can't check Gonzo.

#8 ya_boi_j

ya_boi_j

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,633 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

View Postyoungbloodz, on 10 January 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

I can't see Trufant on gonzo. If they do then that forces them to put Thomas on HD. You're looking at a possibility of one on one coverage all day long

#9 DawnOfThemBirds☑

DawnOfThemBirds☑

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,266 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

The Seahawks secondary is good but is overrated. They shutdown Fitz but the Falcons also shutdown Fitz as well as many other teams because he has played with the worst set of QBs this season. Brandon Marshall had 165 yards alone against them. They held Calvin Johnson to just 46 yards but Titus Young had 100 yards and 2 tds. Against the Pats both Welker and Loyd combined for 218 yards. Stevie Johnson had 115 yards and a td against them.

Seahawks secondary is good no doubt but they are not the shutdown force that they have been made out to be.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds, 10 January 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#10 B_Lo_Touchdowns

B_Lo_Touchdowns

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

View Postyoungbloodz, on 10 January 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

Nope he will have help from either a lb or safety. Put Quiz in the backfield. 3 wide HD in the slot. You can motion either TG or Quizz to read the coverage someone will always be open.

#11 TorrisATL

TorrisATL

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,624 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

View Postyoungbloodz, on 10 January 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

Trufant can't cover any of our receivers. Maybe Davis.

#12 Sleepy27

Sleepy27

Starting Lineup

• Banned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Please Mike Smith I pray you have been trolling me for four years and you will go nuts in the playoffs

#13 TITLETOWN FALCON

TITLETOWN FALCON

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Sherman isn't that bad he just gets amped and gets a lil mouthy for the games. Browner is the punk!  Bout like Roddy and Asante and Spoon.  **** a lot of our guys get their talkin on but good thing is they get their walkin on too.  I like it.  Makes is more fun!  JMHO!

#14 vabchbirdlover

vabchbirdlover

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

He has no choice. All this is damage control, put out there in advance, cause in his "Hear of Hearts"  he know the Hawks secondary will be lit up Sunday.

#15 FullMetal

FullMetal

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostDawnOfThemBirds, on 10 January 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

The Seahawks secondary is good but is overrated. They shutdown Fitz but the Falcons also shutdown Fitz as well as many other teams because he has played with the worst set of QBs this season. Brandon Marshall had 165 yards alone against them. They held Calvin Johnson to just 46 yards but Titus Young had 100 yards and 2 tds. Against the Pats both Welker and Loyd combined for 218 yards. Stevie Johnson had 115 yards and a td against them.

Seahawks secondary is good no doubt but they are not the shutdown force that they have been made out to be.

This game will either prove you're right, or that you are talking out of your azz. Frankly, I think your crack is yakking. Our defense has kept us in the game, during the early part of the season, when the offense was vanilla, against Romo, Brady, and Rodgers. Our DEFENSE won those games. Sure, they let us down in the Lions and Dolphins games, but they've proven they can hold their own against pass-heavy teams.

#16 Mega Flare

Mega Flare

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Posted Image

"Roddy and Julio all day, baby!!"

#17 TorrisATL

TorrisATL

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,624 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

View PostFullMetal, on 10 January 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

This game will either prove you're right, or that you are talking out of your azz. Frankly, I think your crack is yakking. Our defense has kept us in the game, during the early part of the season, when the offense was vanilla, against Romo, Brady, and Rodgers. Our DEFENSE won those games. Sure, they let us down in the Lions and Dolphins games, but they've proven they can hold their own against pass-heavy teams.

You didn't play Romo, Brady, or Rodgers on the road.