Season Ticket Holders, How Much Are You Willing To Pay For A Psl?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#41 Falcon Freddie

Falcon Freddie

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

I've been a season ticket holder since 1997.  Sticking with the Falcons in the lean years has enabled me to eventually get Upper Level Prime seats on Row 1.  Nevertheless, I have already made up my mind that the day the Falcons start charging PSLs – for any reason – is the day I'll tell the tickets office, "It's been a fun ride, but 'No'."

I don't delude myself thinking the Falcons management will actually miss me if I don’t renew.  I know someone (or some company) will probably be willing to pay the price to move into my seats.  However, if you are willing to pay the PSL for my seats, who am I to stand in your way?

#42 texasfalconfan

texasfalconfan

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

i live in texas and was looking into season tickets for the new jerry world. the way it worked was this. for field level seats the psl was $30,000 for premium seats between the fortys the license was $150,000 and i think the upper level was $8000. they finance the license for ten years and you still must pay for the actual tickets annually. i laughed histerically at the notion. however i have been looking into a single game ticket on stub hub and they run about $400 a seat in field level. so if you factor that over a ten year period it probably would have been worth getting. the big question however is will atlanta sell out like the cowboys. anyway use this as a guide, i doubt the license will be as high as jerry world but even if its half thats still $15,000 for a field level seat and does not include the price of the ticket

#43 Falcon Freddie

Falcon Freddie

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

View Posttexasfalconfan, on 13 December 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

i live in texas and was looking into season tickets for the new jerry world. the way it worked was this. for field level seats the psl was $30,000 for premium seats between the fortys the license was $150,000 and i think the upper level was $8000. they finance the license for ten years and you still must pay for the actual tickets annually. i laughed histerically at the notion. however i have been looking into a single game ticket on stub hub and they run about $400 a seat in field level. so if you factor that over a ten year period it probably would have been worth getting. the big question however is will atlanta sell out like the cowboys. anyway use this as a guide, i doubt the license will be as high as jerry world but even if its half thats still $15,000 for a field level seat and does not include the price of the ticket
One big problem with Personal Seat Licenses (PSLs) is that once someone pays for one, they feel themselves stuck if the team's – or perhaps their own – fortunes start heading south.  To state the obvious, a PSL is a very large investment for most people for what is actually a very discretionary expense.

But in their enthusiasm, many people slap down thousands of dollars that they may ill afford.  Usually, these PSLs are not refundable, even in part.  So, if their enthusiasm for the team starts to wane, these PSL holders have a choice:  lose their "investment" by dropping the season tickets, or continue to spend additional hundreds of dollars for tickets to "justify" the PSL investment.

As many Cowboys fans who live in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area tell me when I visit, they were quite enthusiastic about "Jerry's World" when it was proposed. But now the steep costs of being a Dallas Cowboys season ticket holder (along with every other expense associated with attending a game in Dallas) is diminishing their passion for the Cowboys.  The PSL in the ATL is a trap I don't intend to fall into.

#44 Old fan

Old fan

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostFalcon Freddie, on 13 December 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

One big problem with Personal Seat Licenses (PSLs) is that once someone pays for one, they feel themselves stuck if the team's – or perhaps their own – fortunes start heading south.  To state the obvious, a PSL is a very large investment for most people for what is actually a very discretionary expense.

But in their enthusiasm, many people slap down thousands of dollars that they may ill afford.  Usually, these PSLs are not refundable, even in part.  So, if their enthusiasm for the team starts to wane, these PSL holders have a choice:  lose their "investment" by dropping the season tickets, or continue to spend additional hundreds of dollars for tickets to "justify" the PSL investment.

As many Cowboys fans who live in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area tell me when I visit, they were quite enthusiastic about "Jerry's World" when it was proposed. But now the steep costs of being a Dallas Cowboys season ticket holder (along with every other expense associated with attending a game in Dallas) is diminishing their passion for the Cowboys.  The PSL in the ATL is a trap I don't intend to fall into.
A PSL assumes you plan to live in the Atlanta area all your life and are committed to buying Falcons season tickets forever. Corporations and brokers fit that description better thn the typical individual STHs I know.

#45 fansince78

fansince78

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,115 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostOld fan, on 13 December 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

A PSL assumes you plan to live in the Atlanta area all your life and are committed to buying Falcons season tickets forever. Corporations and brokers fit that description better thn the typical individual STHs I know.
Not really...you can sell them. If the demand is up when you do, you might even make a profit.

#46 Old fan

Old fan

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

View Postfansince78, on 13 December 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

Not really...you can sell them. If the demand is up when you do, you might even make a profit.
Most of the years that I have had my season tickets, I couldn't give away my extras, much less sell them. Why would the PSL be any different?

Look at time shares. People who paid good money for them are giving them away to get out from under the fees. If I buy a PSL, am I required to buy the season tickets each year? Can I pass during years the team is "rebuilding?"

It is a crap shoot. I might find myself in a position where I can no longer afford my season tickets, and no one wants to pay me for my PSL. Talk about taking a beating. Will the team offer me a buy-back promise if I need to sell durning the lean years?

#47 fansince78

fansince78

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,115 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostOld fan, on 13 December 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

Most of the years that I have had my season tickets, I couldn't give away my extras, much less sell them. Why would the PSL be any different?

Look at time shares. People who paid good money for them are giving them away to get out from under the fees. If I buy a PSL, am I required to buy the season tickets each year? Can I pass during years the team is "rebuilding?"

It is a crap shoot. I might find myself in a position where I can no longer afford my season tickets, and no one wants to pay me for my PSL. Talk about taking a beating. Will the team offer me a buy-back promise if I need to sell durning the lean years?
No...if you can't take the risk, they feel like they can find someone who will. If the team does well, they will be right. If the team goes downhill, you will.

#48 Mega Flare

Mega Flare

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,696 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostOld fan, on 12 December 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

It could be as bad as just high school playoffs and the circus. I hope not. I'm probably going to be priced out of my seats anyway, so it may not matter.

View PostShelley#37, on 12 December 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

$0 - unless there is an option for purchasing other football tickets...I don't care about soccer or the circus or monster trucks

Isn't the circus at Philips Arena and Turner Field?  I've never heard of one at the Dome, unless you include our playoff game in 2010 Posted Image

#49 Old fan

Old fan

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostMega Flare, on 14 December 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

Isn't the circus at Philips Arena and Turner Field?  I've never heard of one at the Dome, unless you include our playoff game in 2010 Posted Image
I was just using that as an example of lame events they might toss to PSL holders. I definately don't expect Super bowl or BSC Championship. LOL on the playoff game. I hope that never happens again...

#50 falcons007

falcons007

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,039 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

View Postfansince78, on 13 December 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

My friend who Paid 10 K for PSL in the Ravens stadium, sold it for 6 K when he moved from BAL. Most of the folks are losing money when they sell their PSL.

#51 big_dog

big_dog

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Someone like Coke or Ford will save us all by donating big and getting their name on the facility.

#52 nrbyers

nrbyers

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

My family had season tickets from 1973 until 1983 and then I bought tickets from 1988 when I graduated from college when all I had was a few dollars per week to spend.  I also went with the Dirty Birds to the Super Bowl only to be let down by Eugene Robinson.

Personally, I feel like for 24 seasons of season ticket loyalty and 34 years as a paying customer that I have paid my rights for these seats.  They should grandfather anyone over 10 years..or at the worst 20 years with no loss of location nor seniority.  How many people have had seats over 20 years any way and how many of them are getting near retirement where they will be left in the cold?  

If this PSL comes to fruition and Blank says it's so we can get the Super Bowl, I have to question why the nastiest city and dome in the world gets this event this year????  

Years ago when the Vick deal went down, Blank was quoted in the paper as feeling betrayed...well it was us (the fans who were betrayed) who paid for a product and our seats were worthless that year...I would warn the ownership to tread carefully as Atlanta only has a few people who have any legacy loyalty (unlike the Packers, Bears) where generations have been fans.  I promise you my voice will be heard if I am hit with a PSL.  Let's talk the truth here..it is about concessions and parking that Mr. Blank wants.  I am all for him making money but the TRUE fan will not be the one paying for it...it will be the few corporations that can afford it.

Blank was quoted 2 weeks ago that no PSL would happen..I will have to fact check that but we will all have to make our voices heard..even if it's from our TV Rooms!

DO THE RIGHT THING, ARTHUR, FOR YOUR LOYAL SEASON TICKET HOLDERS.

#53 big_dog

big_dog

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

My understanding is the PSL takes place if/when the new stadium opens for the first time. I'm a season tx holder since 2001 and will have to think long and hard. Sounds expensive.

#54 Interceptor430

Interceptor430

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

No PSL for me... I'm out.

Only Greed says there is a need for a new stadium.