Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old fan

Season Ticket Holders, How Much Are You Willing To Pay For A Psl?

54 posts in this topic

That would suck. They better include rights of first refusal to have same seats for CFA Bowl, CFA Kickoff, SEC Championship, ACC Championship (which I wouldn't mind stealing away from Charlotte), and Major League Soccer season tickets.

It could be as bad as just high school playoffs and the circus. I hope not. I'm probably going to be priced out of my seats anyway, so it may not matter.

$0 - unless there is an option for purchasing other football tickets...I don't care about soccer or the circus or monster trucks

I've had season tickets for around 15 years. What do longtime STH's or any STH's for that matter get for their loyalty? A car sticker and a discount on a hotdog freakin' combo meal. Hotel visitor's pay a third of the construction cost so that the GWCC keeps the building. Blank pays 2/3's and gets the rights to all revenue related to the Atlanta Falcons games. What do the fans get who help contribute to the cost? The right to spend more money every year.

Anybody having dreams of getting first rights to purchase SEC tickets or Final Four are dreaming. There have been people in line a lot longer and the GWCC has control of that not Atlanta Falcons Football Inc.

So to answer the question when the PSL's come out, the Falcons haven't been listening to the longtime season ticket holders. I'm f****** done.

I had 4 season tickets for many years, but with the quality of HDTV and constantly increasing ticket prices I decided to give them up a few years ago. As you can see my wallet had already reached it's spending limit; plus, I can still typically go to a few games a year without problem.

Not a dime, never a blackout with Sunday Ticket/ sports bars.

Money saved on not purchasing a PSL will easily cover the cost of years worth of Sunday Ticket

If it is more than a couple of hundred dollars, I'm probably out.Given where my seats are, I thinking it will be thousands per seat.

Home game blackouts will most likely become commonplace.

I am not paying....been with this team for 33 years, except when I lived abroad, in DC, and before I was 11. Over all those years, I have already spent over $25000 on jerseys, season tickets, airfare, away tickets, and hotel. I will be damned if I am giving in to this crap...I'll go back to pre-1985...radio for home games, tv for away.

I am not paying....been with this team for 33 years, except when I lived abroad, in DC, and before I was 11. Over all those years, I have already spent over $25000 on jerseys, season tickets, airfare, away tickets, and hotel. I will be damned if I am giving in to this crap...I'll go back to pre-1985...radio for home games, tv for away.

Meant to say "33 years, spending all my disposable income on the Birds, except..."

But you get the picture...NO PSL's!!!

My immediate reaction was "No way am I paying a PSL." After further review, if it is a one time charge and, depending on how much it is, I might do it. My seats are in Sec 114 so it probably won't be cheap.

I'll do it. One time fee.

But i would like first dibs on superbowl, sec, etc. events held

Mega Flare likes this

Now I'm hearing the stadium may not be a done deal. The Georgia General Assembly will be looking into the tax implications in January. Whether you are for or against the new stadium, now might be a good time to talk to your state rep or senator.

I've been a season ticket holder since 1997. Sticking with the Falcons in the lean years has enabled me to eventually get Upper Level Prime seats on Row 1. Nevertheless, I have already made up my mind that the day the Falcons start charging PSLs – for any reason – is the day I'll tell the tickets office, "It's been a fun ride, but 'No'."

I don't delude myself thinking the Falcons management will actually miss me if I don’t renew. I know someone (or some company) will probably be willing to pay the price to move into my seats. However, if you are willing to pay the PSL for my seats, who am I to stand in your way?

i live in texas and was looking into season tickets for the new jerry world. the way it worked was this. for field level seats the psl was $30,000 for premium seats between the fortys the license was $150,000 and i think the upper level was $8000. they finance the license for ten years and you still must pay for the actual tickets annually. i laughed histerically at the notion. however i have been looking into a single game ticket on stub hub and they run about $400 a seat in field level. so if you factor that over a ten year period it probably would have been worth getting. the big question however is will atlanta sell out like the cowboys. anyway use this as a guide, i doubt the license will be as high as jerry world but even if its half thats still $15,000 for a field level seat and does not include the price of the ticket

i live in texas and was looking into season tickets for the new jerry world. the way it worked was this. for field level seats the psl was $30,000 for premium seats between the fortys the license was $150,000 and i think the upper level was $8000. they finance the license for ten years and you still must pay for the actual tickets annually. i laughed histerically at the notion. however i have been looking into a single game ticket on stub hub and they run about $400 a seat in field level. so if you factor that over a ten year period it probably would have been worth getting. the big question however is will atlanta sell out like the cowboys. anyway use this as a guide, i doubt the license will be as high as jerry world but even if its half thats still $15,000 for a field level seat and does not include the price of the ticket

One big problem with Personal Seat Licenses (PSLs) is that once someone pays for one, they feel themselves stuck if the team's – or perhaps their own – fortunes start heading south. To state the obvious, a PSL is a very large investment for most people for what is actually a very discretionary expense.

But in their enthusiasm, many people slap down thousands of dollars that they may ill afford. Usually, these PSLs are not refundable, even in part. So, if their enthusiasm for the team starts to wane, these PSL holders have a choice: lose their "investment" by dropping the season tickets, or continue to spend additional hundreds of dollars for tickets to "justify" the PSL investment.

As many Cowboys fans who live in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area tell me when I visit, they were quite enthusiastic about "Jerry's World" when it was proposed. But now the steep costs of being a Dallas Cowboys season ticket holder (along with every other expense associated with attending a game in Dallas) is diminishing their passion for the Cowboys. The PSL in the ATL is a trap I don't intend to fall into.

One big problem with Personal Seat Licenses (PSLs) is that once someone pays for one, they feel themselves stuck if the team's – or perhaps their own – fortunes start heading south. To state the obvious, a PSL is a very large investment for most people for what is actually a very discretionary expense.

But in their enthusiasm, many people slap down thousands of dollars that they may ill afford. Usually, these PSLs are not refundable, even in part. So, if their enthusiasm for the team starts to wane, these PSL holders have a choice: lose their "investment" by dropping the season tickets, or continue to spend additional hundreds of dollars for tickets to "justify" the PSL investment.

As many Cowboys fans who live in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area tell me when I visit, they were quite enthusiastic about "Jerry's World" when it was proposed. But now the steep costs of being a Dallas Cowboys season ticket holder (along with every other expense associated with attending a game in Dallas) is diminishing their passion for the Cowboys. The PSL in the ATL is a trap I don't intend to fall into.

A PSL assumes you plan to live in the Atlanta area all your life and are committed to buying Falcons season tickets forever. Corporations and brokers fit that description better thn the typical individual STHs I know.

A PSL assumes you plan to live in the Atlanta area all your life and are committed to buying Falcons season tickets forever. Corporations and brokers fit that description better thn the typical individual STHs I know.

Not really...you can sell them. If the demand is up when you do, you might even make a profit.

Not really...you can sell them. If the demand is up when you do, you might even make a profit.

Most of the years that I have had my season tickets, I couldn't give away my extras, much less sell them. Why would the PSL be any different?

Look at time shares. People who paid good money for them are giving them away to get out from under the fees. If I buy a PSL, am I required to buy the season tickets each year? Can I pass during years the team is "rebuilding?"

It is a crap shoot. I might find myself in a position where I can no longer afford my season tickets, and no one wants to pay me for my PSL. Talk about taking a beating. Will the team offer me a buy-back promise if I need to sell durning the lean years?

Most of the years that I have had my season tickets, I couldn't give away my extras, much less sell them. Why would the PSL be any different?

Look at time shares. People who paid good money for them are giving them away to get out from under the fees. If I buy a PSL, am I required to buy the season tickets each year? Can I pass during years the team is "rebuilding?"

It is a crap shoot. I might find myself in a position where I can no longer afford my season tickets, and no one wants to pay me for my PSL. Talk about taking a beating. Will the team offer me a buy-back promise if I need to sell durning the lean years?

No...if you can't take the risk, they feel like they can find someone who will. If the team does well, they will be right. If the team goes downhill, you will.

It could be as bad as just high school playoffs and the circus. I hope not. I'm probably going to be priced out of my seats anyway, so it may not matter.

$0 - unless there is an option for purchasing other football tickets...I don't care about soccer or the circus or monster trucks

Isn't the circus at Philips Arena and Turner Field? I've never heard of one at the Dome, unless you include our playoff game in 2010 wacko.png

FalconMama likes this

Isn't the circus at Philips Arena and Turner Field? I've never heard of one at the Dome, unless you include our playoff game in 2010 wacko.png

I was just using that as an example of lame events they might toss to PSL holders. I definately don't expect Super bowl or BSC Championship. LOL on the playoff game. I hope that never happens again...

My friend who Paid 10 K for PSL in the Ravens stadium, sold it for 6 K when he moved from BAL. Most of the folks are losing money when they sell their PSL.