Mike Smith Needs To Hold Players Accountable

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 2cent

2cent

Rookie

• Banned Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

SSG Payne US Army, Home of accountability. Something the falcons Know nothing about. And the reason for that is they are a classroom with a substitute Teacher/ a toddler with the baby sitter. ZERO accountability. Mike Smith is Soft. He is afraid of giving “on the spot corrections”. He just writes in his note pad and pouts. Reference the NO game after the Asante/ Moore penalty. Mike smith goes over there to say something to Asante about the obvious bone headed mistake. Great Right? The only problem is when he gets over there you can clearly see on the broadcast he is trying to talk to Asante about the penalty but 22,23 and 24 are continuing to carry on with their B.S. Lollygagging behavior that got the penalty in the first place. They do it in his face while he is talk and never ever stopped or slowed down. Smith eventually walks away looking back pouting. Need another Reference See the locker room incident with Ray Edwards. Smith has no ability to chastise these players in an aggressive manner when needed. And anyone who thinks it is not needed in some cases never played football. Maybe you need another Reference, See his many post game or Monday morning press conference. How he refers to sloppy play as resiliency... really. Not many couches have one the super bowl coaching the Soft manner in which Smith does. Maybe you can say Tony Dungy did. See Payton Manning that year. He was basically a Drill Instructor. And he drilled both the offence and defense

#2 freebird310

freebird310

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

BS.........see Edwards, Ray ........

#3 freebird310

freebird310

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

I just reread it, even dumber than I thought , Mike Smith treats his players like men, that is why they respect him .....I was in Uncle Sams circus myself, and I had zero respect for martinets ..it does not play very well in todays NFL ........

#4 2cent

2cent

Rookie

• Banned Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

BS.........see Edwards, Ray ........

So you saying Smitty didnt have to have players help to get Edwards to attend meetting. edwards is clearly a guy who doesnt want to be a team player. but the fact is he was pushing the matter on a coach who he thought wasnt going to do anything about it. problem was TD and Blank was in the room too

#5 slamee101

slamee101

This Is My Boomstick!

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,025 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Posted Image

#6 Falconsfan567

Falconsfan567

BIG T IS IN DA HOUSE!

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58,257 posts

Just when I think I've seen the stupidest thread on here someone tops it. Congratulations for posting the stupidest thread I have ever seen on here.

#7 freebird310

freebird310

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,716 posts

So you saying Smitty didnt have to have players help to get Edwards to attend meetting. edwards is clearly a guy who doesnt want to be a team player. but the fact is he was pushing the matter on a coach who he thought wasnt going to do anything about it. problem was TD and Blank was in the room too

MS did not hold Ray accountable, LMFAO ? ....what was he supposed to do, whip his azz ? .....Posted Image

#8 2cent

2cent

Rookie

• Banned Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

I just reread it, even dumber than I thought , Mike Smith treats his players like men, that is why they respect him .....I was in Uncle Sams circus myself, and I had zero respect for martinets ..it does not play very well in todays NFL ........

so if you make on the spot corrections to players you are disrespecting them?

#9 2cent

2cent

Rookie

• Banned Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

MS did not hold Ray accountable, LMFAO ? ....what was he supposed to do, whip his azz ? .....Posted Image

did you see the sideline situation with Asante? Whats your thought on that?

#10 slamee101

slamee101

This Is My Boomstick!

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,025 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

I'm pretty sure this is just a case of a new poster seeking attention.

#11 freebird310

freebird310

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Posted Image

#12 HouseofEuphoria

HouseofEuphoria

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Lousaka Polite and Ray Edwards would like a word with you.

#13 north falcon

north falcon

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Not many couches have one the super bowl

I know! My couch one a lot of regular season games but lost in the playoffs to my desk!

#14 rugger8

rugger8

Give Blood. Play Rugby.

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

Not many couches have one the super bowl coaching the Soft manner in which Smith does.

My couch two the Super Bowl.

...and I'm sorry, but two starters getting fired in a 9-1 season is holding them accountable. Next question.

#15 MilleniumFalcon

MilleniumFalcon

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Smitty is very nice, that's his nature. That's both a good and bad thing. I like him but I feel he's a bit too loyal and sometimes resistant to change.

#16 xSICKxWITHxITx

xSICKxWITHxITx

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,329 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Lol this is a joke right?

#17 schwarzenegger321

schwarzenegger321

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Wow! That is just.... Wow!!!

Posting fail!!

#18 falcons007

falcons007

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,394 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

Get some help before its too late.

#19 FalconFanForLife

FalconFanForLife

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Well since the OP is going to reference accountability, I would also advise him to reference leadership. There are many styles of leadership that are effective. We had the Bobby Petrino style of leadership where he treated the players as children who were not even allowed to talk in the locker room according to statements made by Warrick Dunn at the time.

Smitty's style is obviously aimed at treating the players as adults; therefore, he is not going to discipline a player in the public spotlight for the media to create a circus event. What did the OP expect him to do in that game? Perhaps have a shouting match with Asante on the sideline which would then disrupt the focus of the team? I would not assume that Smitty did not address this issue with Asante later just because you did not see some childish act of rage on Smitty's part during the game. I would also not assume Smitty is just some nice guy who can't dish out some discipline when needed even though he does not get into a lot of talking or acting out his anger in public.

The Ray Edwards incident is all we need to see to comprehend that Smitty holds people accountable, and acts accordingly when necessary. We also know his leadership style has made us a perennial winner in the NFL.

#20 raysnill1

raysnill1

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Posted Image