8-1 Is Nothing To Be Down About.... But I'm So Sick Of Losing To The **** Saints...

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 Steel City Falcon

Steel City Falcon

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

I'm just sick of losing to them lol... I really hope we open it up and crush them in a couple weeks.

#2 srichter23

srichter23

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

offense and defense are both good and will be a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs, but turner can't even outrun a turtle at this point in his career

#3 coastiemike

coastiemike

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

View Postsrichter23, on 11 November 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

offense and defense are both good and will be a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs, but turner can't even outrun a turtle at this point in his career

Until we can score from 2nd and goal from the 1, we aren't any kind of force to be reckoned with.  STFU

#4 atljbo

atljbo

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,080 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

We had our chances... Multiple times.. Those field goals also.... Im not as mad as i thought i would be.. I guess its because we are 8-1....

What frustrate me is turner... Our O-Line was not getting great push but man.... Turner cant create nothing by himself now to save his life.... Sometimes you will here... That run was all on the RB... Dude gets us none of that because any type of penetration blows up our run game when he is in.

#5 ATLfan247

ATLfan247

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

they just have our number. can't seem to finish against them

#6 Falconblade22

Falconblade22

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

I've been saying this for .. good knows how ******* long now that turner can't outrun a baby ... all I ever see him do is fall over his own ****** feet and try running up the middle in places where its clearly not open!!!!! sack loss of yards ... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery once in a while i see him break one for a good amount of yards .. but he always gets caught!! every other running back i know when they get room like that!! they are gone!!

#7 FalconMama

FalconMama

Fan of the Falcons and Jets!

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,094 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

That's the most frustrating thing about the loss is that we still can't find an answer for the Saints.  The Falcons have only beaten the Saints TWICE under the Mike Smith regime.  That's unacceptable, very unacceptable.

#8 HEI5T

HEI5T

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

If Turner gets that TD everyone would've forgotten about that ****** day ;o

#9 Dirtybird56

Dirtybird56

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

My biggest problem is Turner

I've never seen such a sorry a*s performance. Let alone against one of the worst D's ever

Take him out of the line up. Please

#10 Jay Z

Jay Z

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Can't cry about the lost. We needed to get slapped in da face. I would rather it now than in the playoffs. Now Atlanta can't stop looking pass teams and get refocused. One game at a time!

#11 I love Julio

I love Julio

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostHEI5T, on 11 November 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

If Turner gets that TD everyone would've forgotten about that ****** day ;o

But he didn't.

#12 sanfranfalcon

sanfranfalcon

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

leavin' points on the field all day, not bein' able to run the f'n ball, and losin to the Aints just pizzes me off...other than that good effortPosted Image

#13 Steel City Falcon

Steel City Falcon

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

I agree ATL. This loss doesn't hurt so much because:
1. That was the Saints best shot and the Falcons stood toe to toe with them and survied every blow they dealt. I mean it came down to 4th and goal basically.

2. Let's be honest... that dome is the equivalent to Death Valley for LSU... It's just hard to win their no matter what.

3. The Saints are ridding high as h3ll right now.

4. Yeah they're still 8-1 lol

#14 Falconblade22

Falconblade22

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

but i mean here's the thing though!!!! and i mean .. bottom line is ... WE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME IF THEY HAD JUST PLAYED LIKE THEY DID IN THE 4TH QUARTER ... 4th quarter is a little too late to be playing football!!!!! and omg when the F******!!!!!! are the defensive ends gonna learn how the play corner back IN FRONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OF THE F***** WR'S!!!!! but seriously though .. rodgers easily outplayed turner in this 1 .. easily ...

Edited by Falconblade22, 11 November 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#15 SativaSam

SativaSam

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I really could care less about what people think of cliches, but this game was the textbook definition of plays left on the field. Roddy doesn't keep running downfield, Ryan misses him wide open. Tony G wide open on 4th and goal in the endzone, Matt doesn't see him. Harry gets a catch that gives us 1st and goal, can't extend to the endzone and we get stopped at the 1.

It honestly feels like we're a hopeless wreck on 3rd and 1, but if it's 3rd and 5+ we're unstoppable. How does this team expect to win in the postseason when these same type of issues plague us every week? It's obviously nothing new that we struggle on short yardage, but I'd rather have Jacquizz run it up the gut than Turner at this point.

Everyone on this board has obviously expressed their opinions on Turner, and they're well deserved. This year's Michael Turner is complete dependent on a wide open hole up the gut to get anything more than a yard.

It REALLY pisses me off that Turner struggled so much against the 29th ranked defense. I said after the Oakland game that we're the team opponents get right against. Saints couldn't stop the run, and they stopped Turner completely today. If there's 8 men in the box, why don't we audible to a quick pass play? It's like I could do a better job playing Madden 13. I'm not gonna run it with 8-9 people in the box.

Another thing...it's really disturbing how much pressure the Saints' front 4 got against Matt. Not a whole lot of sacks, but just pressures. It was unreal. I guess it's easy to rush the passer when your supposed #1 running back is averaging 1 yard a carry.

So many plays left on the field, so much frustration....so much anger. Love the Falcons to death but if you're gonna break your undefeated streak, do it against anyone except the SAINTS.

#16 ATLIEN822

ATLIEN822

Rookie

• Pure Football
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Michael turner's ineffectiveness was a factor, but our defense laid eggs out there also.

#17 Dirtybird56

Dirtybird56

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

One of our biggest goals in the offseason: convert 3rd and short

It's hard to believe but we may have gotten WORSE at it

#18 raysnill1

raysnill1

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,676 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

this was the one game I didn't wanna lose

I'm not happy

#19 Falconblade22

Falconblade22

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

our defense doesn't know how to play in front of the WR's ... if you jump in their face in front of the ball thats not pass interference thats GOOD DEFENSE!!! I mean .. seriously how f******** hard can it really be???? ive seen high schoolers that can play WR's better ... pass defense is and ALWAYS HAS BEEN OUR BIGGEST WEAKNESS!!!! FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and plz do something about the OL ...

Edited by Falconblade22, 11 November 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#20 mozzie71

mozzie71

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,174 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

My wife was getting excited when we were on the 1... I told her to calm down.. because MT was about to run for -1... I hate being right!