Got Tickets To The Skins Game From A Skins Player...

- - - - - conundrum

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#1 DirtyBirdKert

DirtyBirdKert

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

I won't say who the player is, but I will say that he is a starter. Got a parking pass to park in the players parking lot, and was told that it WOULD NOT be a good idea to wear my Falcons jersey in said parking lot before or after the game. Good chance that I will be able to meet some of the Redskins players after the game. So the question is, should we wait until we are seated to put on the jerseys? Or should I "keep it real"? Thoughts?

#2 Carl927

Carl927

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

I won't say who the player is, but I will say that he is a starter. Got a parking pass to park in the players parking lot, and was told that it WOULD NOT be a good idea to wear my Falcons jersey in said parking lot before or after the game. Good chance that I will be able to meet some of the Redskins players after the game. So the question is, should we wait until we are seated to put on the jerseys? Or should I "keep it real"? Thoughts?

Wear a skins jersey, but carry a sign that reads, "Matty Ice is For Real." Keep it hidden until game time.

That outta do it.

#3 Tuggle'2

Tuggle'2

The Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,398 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Wear the jersey!! You have to wear the jersey! The players will not be kicking your azz and if they do , you can sue them!!

#4 fibonacci

fibonacci

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,064 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

puck that. put on the Jersey before and wear it until your get back on the plane to leave.

who cares if you get to meet them or not. I would rather meet Robert James then anyone the skins anyday.

#5 fibonacci

fibonacci

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,064 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Wear the jersey!! You have to wear the jersey! The players will not be kicking your azz and if they do , you can sue them!!

I have gone to DA bears last year. went to KC this year and no one has started crap. the only people I ever see be jerks and fight is when they start drinking and saying stupid things. if you smile and laugh and say good game and respect them, then everything will be fine.

I might be going to washington as well, but I have to find a cheap flight first.

#6 kane#7

kane#7

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,687 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Wait till you get to your seat... you got free tickets and you don't want to be a **** to the players that are there...

Also get an RG3 sig, that kid is the best rookie QB I have seen since Ryan. (understanding the game)

#7 paulitik

paulitik

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,178 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

I went in 06 when we whooped them. I got into it with a few fans, but Skins fans are soft. I wouldn't sweat it. Wear your jersey with pride.
You'll get some obscenities yelled at you, but you'll be alright.

#8 DirtyBirdKert

DirtyBirdKert

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Its not the fans I am worried about. Like I said, I got the tickets from a REDSKINS Player. His exact words were "I got yall a pass to park in the players garage too... It's probably not a good idea to wear a Falcons jersey while yall are in that parking lot... yeah... bad things can happen..." I plan on wearing the jersey during the game. Just dont know how the skins player will take seeing an opposing team's jersey in their garage. Especially if we beat their @ss. Not to mention, I don't want to put this guy on the spot with his teammates.

Edited by DirtyBirdKert, 01 October 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#9 FalconFanSince1970

FalconFanSince1970

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,324 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Not to mention, I don't want to put this guy on the spot with his teammates.

Then there is your answer. And you had it long before you started this thread.

#10 LVfalconfan

LVfalconfan

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

I highly doubt players will harrass a fan. If so it will be in good fun nothing serious.

#11 Koba

Koba

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Nah man don't where that jersey bro, they will start fights with you...seriously. But after the Falcons win, you can run out the stadium and have a white tee underneath that reads "The Iceman Ruleth" or some crazy issh.

#12 DD: Objective Elite

DD: Objective Elite

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

If the tickets were a gift you should respect the guys request that you don't wear your colors. You might put him in a bad place with his teammates.

If you bought the tickets, to **** with it wear what you want.

#13 DirtyBirdKert

DirtyBirdKert

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Then there is your answer. And you had it long before you started this thread.

Yeah, I just wanted some input from Falcons fans. Although it might be kind of funny to see said player get razzed by his team mates. Its just a funny feeling. I've been to away games before, but never where I've been put in a situation where I felt I needed to hide my "allegiance".

#14 AtlantaFalconPokerPro

AtlantaFalconPokerPro

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Posted Image

#15 NOVAFalconFan

NOVAFalconFan

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,385 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

I think wearing the jersey where the guy who gave you tickets asked you not to would be kind of a d**k move. That's just me, though.

#16 I give lengthy responses

I give lengthy responses

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

I want to solve the mystery on who the player is. My money is on Alfred Morris.

#17 fibonacci

fibonacci

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,064 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

If the tickets were a gift you should respect the guys request that you don't wear your colors. You might put him in a bad place with his teammates.

If you bought the tickets, to **** with it wear what you want.

yeah after some thought, I do agree with dirty on this one.

#18 fibonacci

fibonacci

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,064 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

I want to solve the mystery on who the player is. My money is on Alfred Morris.

this is not a lengthy response......I want my 1 second back, please. :D

#19 Peyton

Peyton

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,838 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

If you felt like the guy was requesting that you not wear the jersey, you should honor that request.

If he was just making a suggesting, you make the call, but I'd be cognizant of putting the guy who was so kind to you in an uncomfortable situation.

#20 J-RoC770

J-RoC770

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

If the "guy" is Deangelo Hall u should difinately wear it!