Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BankerBird™

Been Browsing The Redskins Message Boards...

61 posts in this topic

...and the consensus of their fans is that we have no shot. RGIII will be too much for us to overcome because he is "the Chosen One" (to quote one comment I saw.)

RG3 has been playing absolutely outstanding to me. Way better than Cams rookie season, but i am more worried about Alfred Morris to be honest. That guy is incredible. He is going to break ALOT of tackles so we are going to have to be on our A game on run D, which is has not been our brightest area.

This game is going to be tough

Really I'm seeing alot of doom and gloom over there.

http://www.extremesk...ons-game!/page7

Only thing that gets me is that some of them seem to be under the perception that they're going to be able to run up and down on our defense. So I guess in 1 game our defense goes from an emerging D to the Bills or Saints defense. rolleyes.gif

I agree with all of this (except the part about NO; they're toast, so it's Atlanta's division by default). The Falcons Win, but they've never impressed me. Just a typical video game type of team that can't Win grind-it-out slugfests. Yes, I know they have that offense & they'll put up great numbers this season, but I'm still not buyin.

This one made me roll my eyes too, Way to look at the stat lines and not the actual game.That last game was a grind. **** if I've ever seen one. If there is one thing the Matt Ryan era Falcons know how to do is freaking grind. Adding Julio Jones to the arsenal didn't magically turn us into a finesse team.

That's in no way the consensus. I'd say about 1/3 think the Redskins are going to lose, 1/3 think they could win a close one with some luck, and 1/3 are feeling confident. They seem very level-headed compared to most fan message boards.

difference between Cam and RG3 is Cam is as bis as a linebacker and fast as a receiver he's hard to tackle, RG3 is smallish and doesn't like to get hit. wait till the Bierman or Willie Mo introduce their selves.

difference between Cam and RG3 is Cam is as bis as a linebacker and fast as a receiver he's hard to tackle, RG3 is smallish and doesn't like to get hit. wait till the Bierman or Willie Mo introduce their selves.

And the fact that RG3 actually appears to be able to read defenses and appears to be a better passer. RG3 may not like to get hit, but he has taken some shots and bounced right up.

This is gonna be a tough one! But I believe in my Falcons.

No doubt this is going to be a tough game, if for no other reason than it's on the road. We've gotta have this one though. With the cupcake Raiders coming in here in two weeks, we have an opportunity to go into the Bye Week at 6-0.

I'm gonna call it the "Battle of the Mike's".

I think our Mike will outcoach their Mike.

RG3 has garnered respect because he has shown respect. He's not a cocky rookie (like some we've played recently who I will not name, but their initials are Cam Newton)

I look for a good game. A lot more discipline for ATL.

ATL - 35

WAS - 21

NewFalcon likes this

You'd have to be on crack to think we have no chance to beat them.

We are currently either the best team in the NFL or second best team. If if you think you can beat us there is no way you can say we have no chance.

going to have to bring our A game, every team is going to be gunning for us from here on out. Can't come out unprepared and unfocused like we did vs the Panthers and expect to win.

NewFalcon likes this

Our identity is no longer to stop the run it is to take the ball away. Now if we don't do that then there may be reasons for concerned.

You'd have to be on crack to think we have no chance to beat them.

We are currently either the best team in the NFL or second best team. If if you think you can beat us there is no way you can say we have no chance.

Don't be surprised if the media has us at 2nd-4th, especially with the 49ers playing so well yesterday. But yes, there's no way people can say we have no chance...

We need Julio in this one big time!

Yeah we do. He's been pretty regular since week 1. I was expecting more, but I think he can get something going now that teams will HAVE to stop disrespecting Roddy.

RG3 looks like the real deal. Still, even the greatest of rookies will have several games where they will look like rookies, especially QBs. Hopefully next game will be that game for RG3