Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maorifalcon

Unsure Of What To Think Of San Diego

55 posts in this topic

What I think is...

Chargers have looked great against two poor teams. Can they look good against a good team?

But we can't find out until Sunday. dry.png

Yeah...I think their record is a product of their schedule.. We should win easily...well thats if they can stop going conservative when they have a team down

Regardless of what you think, it will not be easy.

Yall have a good front 7 and that's it. Jammer has a broke hand and is getting slower and Weddle is a premier safety but nothing else. Cason is decent and Bigby is a in the box safety. Ghilchrist is a solid corner coming out of Clemson, but don't know anything about him.

Jammer is fine. He's not the type to intercept balls so the cast isn't really a big deal. The guy was going through a divorce last year and his play really diminished. He looks back in form for this season. "premier safety but nothing else" is a funny way of putting it. Cason and Gilchrist are the weak-links.

I just wouldn't say all we have is a good front 7; the secondary isn't shabby. It's not exceptional but it's above average.

Our team has generally played better on short weeks, and we're undefeated on the West Coast. I'm not sweating this game one bit.

You guys keep saying the Falcons are undefeated on the West Coast, but I'd like to see a list of those games and their year and the final score, if one of you would so kindly show.

We are undefeated in san diego, 5-0. i must admit I dont know a whole lot about the 2012 chargers but from the little research of them that i have done, i dont see why we cant win this one from a matchup stand point. I think the short week, west coast trip is a tad overrated by some. it is definitely a factor but we wont win or lose based on that alone. we will sweep the nfc west.

Never discount a west coast trip, regardless of the opponent. The Chargers are untested but they are undeniably a decent team. It'll be a nail-biter for both teams.

You guys keep saying the Falcons are undefeated on the West Coast, but I'd like to see a list of those games and their year and the final score, if one of you would so kindly show.

Falcons @ SD 22-16 2008

Falcons @ SF 45-10 2009

Falcons @ OAK 24-0 2008

Falcons @ SEA 34-18 2010

Falcons @ SEA 30-28 2011

paulitik likes this

We are undefeated in san diego, 5-0. i must admit I dont know a whole lot about the 2012 chargers but from the little research of them that i have done, i dont see why we cant win this one from a matchup stand point. I think the short week, west coast trip is a tad overrated by some. it is definitely a factor but we wont win or lose based on that alone. we will sweep the nfc west.

In that case, the last game was in 2008. These teams I am sure are different in 2012 (at least I can say assuredly that this is not the same Chargers team). For once the Chargers have slot receivers and Norv is employing two-TE sets and some trickery. We might lack a #1 WR in Jackson, but we've made up for it by incorporating a diverse receiving attack.

Now if Meachem will just click, this talk will truly come to fruition.

Falcons @ SD 22-16 2008

Falcons @ SF 45-10 2009

Falcons @ OAK 24-0 2008

Falcons @ SEA 34-18 2010

Falcons @ SEA 30-28 2011

Maybe my focus should be your 7-1 record (5-0 at SD's home?). I don't like it.

It's much tougher on teams to go east because they lose time, as opposed to west coast where you get a later game. If San Diego came to play us, it's a 10 AM game, we go play them it's a 4 PM game.

If a team loses a game on the west coast it's because you're the lesser team. It's not like crowd noise or weather are going to be a factor in San Diego.

Hey stats are overrated when it come to games been played Manning was 11-3 on monday night Ryan was 0-3. All that matters is tha falcons play their game and I believe we will win it.During the regular season the falcons have always been prepared following a short week hopefully that will not change this week.

Spoke Too Soon?

Last week I lauded the performance of rookie left tackle Michael Harris against the Raiders, and suggested the Chargers had found an upgrade as their backup left tackle over Brandyn Dombrowski. Well the quality of that performance can’t be wiped away, but this week Harris fell victim to Dombrowski’s nemesis, Wimbley. The Titan comfortably got the better of Harris this week, and recorded nine hurries against the undrafted free agent. This was a chastening performance for the Chargers as Harris added two holding penalties to 10 total hurries allowed (one against Keyunta Dawson). There is little defense for this performance, but Harris was clearly outmatched and, considering how the matchup transpired, the lack of help either by way of extra blockers or sliding the left guard to help was baffling. That none of these 10 pressures turned into hits or sacks was fortunate for the Chargers and a testament to Rivers’ play under pressure, as he completed 64.7% of his passes.

Maybe my focus should be your 7-1 record (5-0 at SD's home?). I don't like it.

IIRC, SD hasn't beaten us since 1988.

In that case, the last game was in 2008. These teams I am sure are different in 2012 (at least I can say assuredly that this is not the same Chargers team). For once the Chargers have slot receivers and Norv is employing two-TE sets and some trickery. We might lack a #1 WR in Jackson, but we've made up for it by incorporating a diverse receiving attack.

Now if Meachem will just click, this talk will truly come to fruition.

Right, of course were not facing the same chargers as 08, but to the same token this isnt the same falcons. Its only been 2 weeks so none of us can get a true read on our teams. As a falcons fan of course im going to feel confident about this one. However, I'll give SD credit and wouldnt be surprised if your boys win. This game wont have any major implications down the road other than W/L so I'll be able to stomach a loss. Good luck to you guys, just not too much. Hoping for no injuries. Meachem should wait a week to click. biggrin.png

I'm in the survival pick league and I just can't bring myself to decide on a team to pick, this entire week is sketchy.

This game bothers me because of the travel and short week, but I have a feeling this game won't be very close in the second half, much like the Chiefs game. Edwards and Abe will have good games, Biermann as well. Julio and Co. will probably blow the top off of SD's secondary and Ryan has another big game.

38-10 Falcons

I think you're going to see our D light up the Chargers for more turnovers. I think the D will set the table for the O in this game as well. I think we win this on a Matt Bryant kick and not running away with it. SD is at home and will probably play well but not good enough to beat the Boys From the South.

That long road trip BS is so overated. Jerry Glanville went undefeated on the left coast one year and handed out a California trophy. Smitty is riding a 5-0 west coast streak. Just stop with the jet lag crap.

That long road trip BS is so overated. Jerry Glanville went undefeated on the left coast one year and handed out a California trophy. Smitty is riding a 5-0 west coast streak. Just stop with the jet lag crap.

Ever travel to Cali for business? No?

If those idiots line up cocktails and rag Michael (with signs) for getting arrested, I can see Sunday getting very ugly for SD. Our team is a ticking time-bomb with an offense that wants to be hard to stop.

Tuggle'2 likes this

I'm in the survival pick league and I just can't bring myself to decide on a team to pick, this entire week is sketchy.

38-10 Falcons

I think Steelers or Bears are a good pick for survival.

You're really disrespecting the Chargers with your 38-10 prediction. They are favored to win. They also have a vastly improved defense.