Re: Sports Science - Von Miller - Are We Ready For Him?

- - - - - Von Miller

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 mattyicefalcon

mattyicefalcon

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

he's a beast.....I am not sure how we are going to stop him?

What do you guys think?

#2 paulitik

paulitik

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,958 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

We play the whole NFC East. We better start getting used to playing elite pass rushers. I would hope that Pat Hill and Dirk Koetter would plan for that. Expect more emphasis on the run and some screens. I wouldn't expect Matt to be holding on to the ball too long.

#3 mattyicefalcon

mattyicefalcon

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

View Postpaulitik, on 12 September 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

We play the whole NFC East. We better start getting used to playing elite pass rushers. I would hope that Pat Hill and Dirk Koetter would plan for that. Expect more emphasis on the run and some screens. I wouldn't expect Matt to be holding on to the ball too long.

what if it's man to man coverage?  he will need time for WRs to create seperation for any kind of big play over 20 yards.....this is the game I feel we are going to miss Ovie a lot! Hope Mr.Polite shows the nasty side....

#4 paulitik

paulitik

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,958 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

View Postmattyicefalcon, on 12 September 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

what if it's man to man coverage?  he will need time for WRs to create seperation for any kind of big play over 20 yards.....this is the game I feel we are going to miss Ovie a lot! Hope Mr.Polite shows the nasty side....
There will be opportunities. As good as Von is, he's not going to get in the backfield every snap. No doubt they have an elite pair of pass rushers, establishing a run game, add in plenty of play action, and running a good bit of no huddle to keep their D honest, there should be times we can exploit them. There are no lack of things we can do with the talent we have on offense. Honestly, I think the Broncos' D is slightly overrated. They are good, maybe great, but I don't think they are the world beaters that everyone is crapping their pants over. We need to take a breath and realize that they are just as worried about stopping us.

Big Ben had multiple OL injuries and holds on to the ball too long. I think that exaggerated how good they looked.

#5 k-train

k-train

Sonic Assassin

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

We only had one play over 20 yards against the Chiefs if I'm not mistaken. We don't need to make a bunch of big plays. We just need to make sure we are converting on 3rd down & scoring on most of our possessions.

#6 B_Lo_Touchdowns

B_Lo_Touchdowns

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,851 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

Steelers are old and slow, plus they have like 6-10 guys on injury report. Not taking away from what the Broncos did, but not getting to caught up in how good people think they are. It was 1 game they had at home. Pittsburgh always gets killed at Mile High, even by Tebow.  Can't wait til Monday night

#7 TorrisATL

TorrisATL

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,637 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:27 AM

This is why I'm glad we have Quizz. If Ryan's protection is breaking down, or his the receivers are covered he can usually dumpoff to Quizz, who can gain a good amount of yards by himself. We can thrive on short passes for a while if their defense is giving us problems. Take the Bengals preseason game.

#8 kiwifalcon

kiwifalcon

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:14 AM

Man this is a game taylor made for a return of Michael Turner right here against Denver I hear alot of people on this board writing Turner off I think a heavy dose this week will dull that Denver pass rush.

#9 jbrinson

jbrinson

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

We don't need big 20 yard plays constantly. During the game against the chiefs we were getting 15-18 yard gains off play action passes. If we can still get that this game we're good. That mean Turner has to RTFU this game.

Edited by jbrinson, 13 September 2012 - 05:06 AM.

#10 metatron360

metatron360

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

Line backers blitzing? Easy screen pass and high tempo offense. They won't last a whole game if they are wondering what's next

#11 BleedBlack&Red

BleedBlack&Red

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

So he can get as fast as Larry and hit like Ware? Dafuq is wrong with this guy...

#12 Abe

Abe

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

One good shot by Turner and he could be as fast to the bench as Ray Lewis.

#13 mattyicefalcon

mattyicefalcon

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostAbe, on 13 September 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

him or Jacuzzi can lay some serious wood.....

#14 Atlfanstckndenver

Atlfanstckndenver

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

We need to run directly at him.

#15 PokerSteve

PokerSteve

Just Wants a Lombardi Dammit!

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,401 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostQuintorrisLopez, on 13 September 2012 - 03:27 AM, said:

This is why I'm glad we have Quizz. If Ryan's protection is breaking down, or his the receivers are covered he can usually dumpoff to Quizz, who can gain a good amount of yards by himself. We can thrive on short passes for a while if their defense is giving us problems. Take the Bengals preseason game.
That's the thing I was seeing vs KC and in preseason. When Ryan is under intense pressure, he's finding Quizz or Turner and dumping the ball off instead of throwing it out of bounds as soon as he feels some heat. I'm sure Koetter will have a safety valve for Ryan in every pass play that's called.

#16 Young Falcon

Young Falcon

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostQuintorrisLopez, on 13 September 2012 - 03:27 AM, said:

^^^^^this

#17 usmcdirtybird

usmcdirtybird

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,957 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

It will be a heck of a task.

#18 falcon68

falcon68

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostAbe, on 13 September 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

lol. i remember that. it was awsome.

#19 channelorange

channelorange

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

View Postpaulitik, on 13 September 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

There will be opportunities. As good as Von is, he's not going to get in the backfield every snap. No doubt they have an elite pair of pass rushers, establishing a run game, add in plenty of play action, and running a good bit of no huddle to keep their D honest, there should be times we can exploit them. There are no lack of things we can do with the talent we have on offense. Honestly, I think the Broncos' D is slightly overrated. They are good, maybe great, but I don't think they are the world beaters that everyone is crapping their pants over. We need to take a breath and realize that they are just as worried about stopping us.

Big Ben had multiple OL injuries and holds on to the ball too long. I think that exaggerated how good they looked.

Yes Ben held on to the ball long but that's what he does. He holds on to it and "improvise". I don't see Matt avoiding the rush the same as Ben does.

#20 MagicHef

MagicHef

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostAtlfanstckndenver, on 13 September 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

We need to run directly at him.

Try it. Contrary to popular belief, Von is great against the run. In fact, PFF rated him as the best 4-3 OLB in the league against the run last year.