Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BamaBoy87

How Do You Control Your Wife/girlfriend During The Falcon Season?

100 posts in this topic

I guess I'm lucky like KOG. My wife is a born and raised Atlanta girl. She loves the Falcons and is usually wearing her Patrick Kerney jersey when the game starts.

That's awesome kog, my girl doesn't mind watching the braves and falcons with me, mostly bc she sees how's intense I am with them, and she loves going to the games

Knight of God likes this

I guess I'm lucky like KOG. My wife is a born and raised Atlanta girl. She loves the Falcons and is usually wearing her Patrick Kerney jersey when the game starts.

My wife dresses normal, does her hair and screams "Run idoit run!!! Catch the ball! It touched your hand so you can catch it! What are you getting paid for!?"

My favorite, "The kicker has one stupid job! Kick the ball! You can't even do that, you should get fired and go into dry cleaning! IF you can handle that!!!"

That's awesome kog, my girl doesn't mind watching the braves and falcons with me, mostly bc she sees how's intense I am with them, and she loves going to the games

Nah, sometimes I have to be the voice of reason. "Why can't he get the ball to a receiver!? What's his problem!?"

My wife hates football. She will not go to games with me. She will not watch it on TV. She can't stand it. It works out great :-)

Here's what you do. You do NOT waver on the subject AT ALL. I told my wife there's 1 game every week that I will NOT miss. The other games I want to watch, but I don't have to be glued to them like the Falcon's games. I'll just watch those when we don't have anything going on. I also told her this was not negotiable so there's no point in there being an argument about it. You MUST have a comeback for EVERY possible argument she will have. After you address all of her points, she will realize she'll never win this argument.

I get to watch 20 games per season (Preseason and Regular) plus Playoffs and the Superbowl (regardless of who's in it) without a single argument. The best part is that she PREFERS I go watch it at a bar with friends!

1. Her: So football is more important than me? You: No, you are WAY more important, and that's why I spend the rest of the week with you baby. It's just that the Falcons are only on 3 hours a week.

P.S. Do not say the words "break from life", "relax", etc... That leads to other arguments. Keep it simple. It puts it in perspective that it's "only" 3 hours a week.

2. Her: I want you to spend more time with the family. You: Of course honey, and I would love it if we would all watch together. Why won't you try to like it?

You have to make her think it's her not wanting to spend that time with you, NOT you avoiding her.

3. Her: You know I hate football. You: That's why I try not to give you a hard time about never watching the games with me.

Makes her feel bad for giving you a hard time.

You get the idea. The single most important thing is for you to be more prepared for the argument than she is, and do NOT EVER waver. If you make an exception for one game, you are going to have to justify EVERY game because there will ALWAYS be something else more important to her during that game. If you waver, the argument will never end. You missed the game for XYZ, why can't you miss the game this week? Wavering ONCE gives her ammo for the next argument about the next game (she won't understand the difference between a Falcons vs Saints game and Falcons vs Ravens Preseason game, so you shouldn't waver on less important games). If you do not waver, she'll accept the fact that she can't plan things for those 3-4 hours every week, regardless of who we're playing or what point in the season it is.

Good luck, hope this helps. It worked out better than planned for me :-)

Do any of you guys girls raise **** during football season or is it just mine???? Nothing said all week then the games come on Sunday and there's so much to talk about blah blah blah.... anyone else go through this type of stuff? Lol Any tips?

turn on the surround system and drowned her butt out, works for me. Eventually she will get tired of trying to yell over the TV, hahaha, such anA$$!!!

Good Lawd NO,,, have you lost your mind ?

Look it is really simple.

Go by Kohls, TJ Max, Wal Mart, Linens and things and get a

a $20 gift card from each store.

About 30 minutes prior to Kick off, say Oh look Honey I found

a $20 gift card to Kohls. Just give her one per week and you will be set for the season.

Total spent $320.

smooth!!

well, you can take my approach, I punched a mirror on the wall during a bad play, broke the mirror, hole in wall, and broke my hand. She now know this sh!t is for real to me. After that, she either goes shopping or watches it with me. Mostly she goes shopping with friends because she know I don't say anything about how much she spends on Falcons game days as long as she leaves me be,. Oh, she makes chilli before she goes shopping too, hahaha, love my wife!!!

She is a hugh Roddey White fan too!!!

PS: I do not take bad plays or calls out on her, just the wall that one time, Cards playoff game when they called a saftey on Matt!!!!

I don't. This is what she got when she married me. When I told her that my Grandma's funeral was interrupted by all the men in my family, including the pastor who officiated the funeral going to watch the Falcons Carolina game (as she would have wanted), I think she got the picture. She complains still, but she knows that if the Falcons are playing, it's priority number one 16-19 weeks a year.

I don't. This is what she got when she married me. When I told her that my Grandma's funeral was interrupted by all the men in my family, including the pastor who officiated the funeral going to watch the Falcons Carolina game (as she would have wanted), I think she got the picture. She complains still, but she knows that if the Falcons are playing, it's priority number one 16-19 weeks a year.

Exactly. If you train em early, you have no issues later. I started going out with my gf on a saturday. She came over to my house the next day and saw what happens during football season the second day in our relationship.

Wow if you need to "Control" anyone over a football game you need to find someone else to be with. If you have these issues move on NOW, instead of later... I mean we're talking about a game, what happens with major life decisions/events?

My wife and I have season tickets and she loves going as much as I do. In fact she's disappointed if she CAN'T go to a game or we have to record a game and watch it later. I'm actually ok watching a game later if it's an Away game I'm just paranoid about staying away from "spoilers". laugh.png

she will eventually give-up and watch it with you....Trust me...if mine did....yours will....

She was all into that Lions game last year

Get a gf/wife that will love the game as much as you do. If all else fail talk to her during her favorite show or while she's on the phone. Trust me it will work.

Realistically. Its 1-3 games a week. They last about 3hrs a piece and the season itself is only about 4mos. If something I like that much is that unbearable and for that short of a period...I have to wonder about things a little deeper. That means you want me to stop enjoying something that I completely enjoy.

Think about that for a minute. Does that make any sense?

No, makes no sense at all...but we are talking about WOMEN..

They will usually interrupt or be against anything you like just because it brings you a joy that they don't understand. They want to be the one and only thing that makes you happy..

I have a friend who recently got married, he told her up front that he played video games and watched the falcons, and as long as she never had a problem with that, then he would never have a problem with her shopping.