I am just going to make all my photos and things I see all in one blog. and Just add daily what is going on.
If you want to watch someone, please ask and I will. I have looked for many people on this board. (plus I get board...LOL)
"1989fan".....the lone signed today. and I have already McClure on there. there will be a good 10 plus more days out there. So I should be able to get you who you want on the ball.
I will put a link to the pictures I take later on in the week. today sadly I got no good shots. so it was boring. but I do want to put up the picture of Gonzalez telling Davis how to throw. yes you heard me right.
This short. James rodgers missed a catch over head by Matt, I feel cone would have had.
- I'm seeing franks be the best guy returning.
- so james better step it up. (I've been hopeful for james before mini camp. I've been impressed in the past. But the last few camps he is being shown to be a weak link.
I showed a member here at camp to watch brown.- brown is great on catching.
-for his catching he is behind Tony, to me.
- I want to see him block more. What I have seen has been decent....and that is against 2nd people and rookies. Not starters.
Franks covered good. Stepped up today.
-got his hand on the ball for deflection
Asante 2 interception...just saying.
Ryan and julio are clicking.
- Ryan throws. Ball is out. Julio runs to the left side of the CB. Cuts back right side of CB. Turns. Bam, the ball is there and he grabs and is gone.
I don't like talking about our starters that much, but sometimes it is so hard not to mention how beautiful it is.
Besides that it seemed like a day of not hard training. Yes they practiced schemes, but not letting the ball out.
Yes they threw it out but the lines were not hard. BUT
Massaqoui and Edwards were getting in and sacking on Holmes and who ever our 3rd RT is.
Bryant was nailing some swift kicks. Like he did not let his leg go up high and straight....anyone seen him or another kicker ever do that? If so please tell me why.
To think about Holmes does not seem to be good. I'll wait to next year.
Sorry I don't have much to say, just seemed like a day of kicking back and resting for everyone.
sorry for the wait everyone. I got caught into some things today with my cat.
I did not get there on time. and did not get to sit where I like. So I missed ST and I missed line playing.
I did get to some 7 on 7.
Asante just never stops to amaze me. but he did lose to Smith on one match.
Grimes got burned a couple times
Dunta surprisingly has not gone in the timeout area since Monday.
- he also covered well today.
Franks should have had an interception and missed as well to block the catch.
Walls looks good. it is time he puts a little more speed into it though. for instance when it is a deep throw, he can get burnt out, just cause he is questioning what to do maybe. but if it is short game, he does well.
Marty Martin actually looked good today. I am a little surprised because I had him X in my head.
Nicholas this guy is playing with a chip on his shoulder. for the second time I have seen him just shove players to the ground and go walking off like he could care less. (does anyone know what has made him ticked?)
Peterson has a little of a chip on his shoulder as well. but is nice to not shove and talks to the other players.
Dent is showing some good wow factors. I seen two today. have not really seen anything bad out of him.
James covers well
- just he covers to close and caused someone to fall today.
(in all honesty this guy has caught my attention. I thought he had no chance)
Davis is not worthy to me
I looked at JPW today and really questioned some of his "bad" throws. it was not like he was trying to thread the pocket, it was more so like he was giving up and just throwing to throw.
Ryan....I have no idea what was up, but he did not practice as much.
sorry I was not in the right area to view them today.
the only thing I saw was Rodgers make a great catch in front of Asante and tear the field up. wonderful catch, with a wonderful throw. (it was screen of course)
of course we all know our top three.
Meier did better today, but he did not have the WOW factor today.
Davis actually looked at his best I have seen him. Made some nice grabs.
Cone, surprised me. I got to see his speed and nice catches.
hope really stunk today. not close to covering and speed as well as Moore and Decoud.
Moore has a chip as always, and brings the hammer to the plate.
brown is making his catches...but I did not get to see his blocks today.
Palmer missed an easy catch.
White....I just don't see him making it much longer.
BTW weatherspoon is doing excellent. look for this kidd to really step up this year. he is excellent on covering, and you can tell he wants to just unleash the dragon hit on someone or something. Plus he has really learned well on tell people how to move and what to look for. doing well to be learning Nolan's new scheme.
Meier had flashes like he always does in camp....but he ran a bad route today and he missed a catch and he dropped an easy catch. But he still made some really nice grabs later. This was the worst day I have seen him, but I would still have him as the #4 WR.
Julio Jones coach said he had good eyes as he was cutting a path. hmmmm I really want to know.
Stafford stinks. sorry this guy had 2 easy drops today and in mini camp he would slip and miss catches as well. I think he needs to be cut soon.
Roddy went for a dunk and Failed. yeaaaa he is no Tony Gonzalez. and yes he got laughed on.
- stepped up into the pocket with ease. (long time since I seem him do it with ease.
- Threw a bad ball to Roddy. about 4 yards before Roddy. Roddy even said if he dislocated his shoulder he still could have not go that ball. Ryan did say sorry
- OK people say Ryan has ZIP
------ I saw it the first time today. but let me say it is not something of OMG, nor is it something that happens a lot. The only time I saw it was the first throw in 2 drills. both where to Douglas. I'm not sure if Ryan needs to take a break to where he can keep zipping it, or if Douglas likes to catch like that or if they are planning on Douglas catching balls like that.
Davis was throwing better. but he is not really involved in the 11 on 11. He more so is with throwing to TE or certain drills. I wonder if they will have him cut before pre-season games start.
JPW started over redmann.
the O-line was Reynolds, mcclure, Baker as starters. I was really hoping Svitek would have it. and I thought I would see Konz there.
-Baker made a excellent block for Julio. Everyone on the team gave him props....but my question was...."why was he so far out"? (He lined up in LT but then he took about 10 steps to the left. Julio ran behind him. Julio caught and went to the right of Baker. Julio did not get much yardage, but Baker made an excellent block.) Is this a new play? or did Baker mess up?
James Rodgers was mainly the returner on ST for punt returns.
Over all for the Cb's they were swapping up on roles. Asante/grimes played right and left. Robinson played left corner, but played inside. He had only one play I was not happy with. but he had flashes today of covering well and knocking the ball down. Today he did not get blitzed. The coach even seemed to like Robinson playing inside. he kept him out of the time out box today. LOL (For me I see him watching the head. when I think he should look at the hips for where the guy is going to go. I know it is hard to do, but I think it could help him)
- had a interception. Read the ball well and was covering well. (some guy beside me was trying to tell everyone it was Ryan.....when I have the picture showing Redmann). (I am not the tyoe to correct someone, but this guy was getting real close to me correcting him. He kept saying how cone was the fatest WR we have on the team and can beat Julio. He was trying to tell me, "Oh wow do you see how fast Ryan is throwing the ball".....I just stayed as quiet as I could and kept my inside of my camera. )
- got Julio to miss a step, which resulted in Julio missing the ball
- All over the place and excellent.
- Very loud but not rude or a jerk. He just lets you know very clearly he is there and what you did wrong.....this team really needed him. I will say again I think he worth over 10 million.
- I lost caught of how many balls Asante knocked down.
Smith ran a good play up the middle. It was a scrimmage pass. Weatherspoon says he would have flatten him, but I think Smith would have got him.
Ewing is behind Cox. But Ewing foot work looked good. He could side step easily and make a block if need be. To me he was training better then Cox.....I'll keep an eye on this more and more.
in all honesty Sidbury looked the best on DE, then ray edwards, then biermann (but biermann was playing back sometimes, so he did not get to play as much). I searched yesterday and today for Massaqui, but I have yet to see anything out of him. I know mini camp he was buzzing with announcers and writers about his speed.....but I saw nothing then and I still do not see anything.
Abraham was dressed but I never saw him on the field. There is a chance I missed him. but if he was dressed that is a good sign.
Joseph Elisha....now that guy showed some speed a few times, and one of those times he got to Ryan. (I am going to keep an eye on him. he might be a surprise.)
Biermann had a interception. I could not tell if it was a lob or if the ball got tipped that high. anyhow Biermann was playing back and was there at the ball before the WR knew where it was.
Decoud blitzed but he was fastly picked up on.
they were moving and playing better. best day for them for doing drills.
Tony was in Pads
I liked what I was seeing in Palmer. best I have seen him move since mini camp started...lets see if he keeps it up.
someone was dropping the ball a lot. I took pictures of it. (so please give me about an hour to get the pictures up and I will let you know who it was.)
- Sidbury was quick and was performing the best.
- marty Markett was the fastest to get down the field.
----- never got to see Sibury and Marty on the same side of the ball.
Biermann looked the same as always.
- Owens looked good.
- Franks deflected the ball on redmann. He played good man to man. I was impressed.
- Dunta got in trouble yet again. I know he got in trouble 2 or 3 times in mini camp. and the first day I get to go to training camp and what do I see???? Robinson in the time out box in the middle of the field. I love how they keep pulling Robinson and talking to him.
---now Robinson did play well minus a couple of plays. he stayed on his man and made where his man could not get the ball.
--- as for the two bad plays. he lost sight of Julio Jones....in all honesty it was like he did not know what to do. on the first one he just did a bad read on Ryan.
--- I did get to sit beside Robinson pee-wee coach. and got to learn some things about him. the coach was shocked at how robinson has been playing the last couple of year. he said Robinson always had a good read for the ball, and it seems Robinson has lost it or something.
---- Last note....I see them BLITZ Robinson a lot, and he gets in fast. look for him to have sacks this year or great pressure.
--- Walls/grimes covered well. nothing amazing and nothing bad. And I did see walls on ST but nothing WOW about.
- Best CB on the field...Asante. got a pick and plays on his man. this guy should be making 12 a year in my book. dude picks of Ryan like it is nothing. He is a great reader.
--- not only is he bringing a better CB plus to us...but he is teaching Ryan how to be better....what more could you ask for???
- moore and hope like to talk out loud. Moore likes to talk more.
- Decoud was quick to get to the area were the ball was going.
(man I wish Falcun was still on the team. I really wanted to see him in pads.)
- honestly saw the normal. nothing less or more amazing.
- Tony was not in pads. I guess because you have to be in camp three days before you put the pads on....correct me if I am wrong please.
--- he was teaching and y'all know I would love for him to take the TE coaching job after he retires. He helped out palmer by showing him how to twist. He also was showing Davis how to throw a ball, I am not kidding.
- Palmer did drop the ball. Palmer did get the ball nocked out of his hands.....but Tony worked out with him after and seemed to be telling what he needed to do.
- as for the rest of them, I do not see good blocking nor good catching. I really think we should have a better TE here this year.
well I know what words Ryan uses when he wants to run the ball and switch the play. LOL and no I am not going to post. (the same as I do not think guys should post video of camps.)
- In all honesty the best runner out there was Rodgers today. hands down yes.
- best blocker was Snelling hands down.
- Turner looked to be the number 2 RB in my eyes. yes turner of course played as #1, but he did not look to be number one....I love turner, so this is very hard for me to see and say.
- Smith did not look that bad. I did see him on ST but nothing WOW about.
When we call a running play we no longer bunch the guys up and run up the middle, we spread it out. (happy dance. lol)
- Who ever says ryan has more zip is nothing but a liar. I have not seen it at all in all the camps I have attended this year. he does like the slant option. and I think that will improve his numbers and get away from interceptions. BUT Asante got him.
- JPW had a decent day and made contact.
- Redmann....all I have to say was a bad day. picks, blocks, bad throws. the mind or something was not there for him today. worst I have seen redmann ever.
- Davis....this guy is joke. I am not even going to commit on him anymore. he cannot throw correctly, he throws off footed, he does not point his leg at all at the WR....Even TG was telling him how to throw.
- Babineaux read a short pass from ryan and made a good block. +1 to him.
- As I stated in another thread, abraham got hurt towards the end.
- Sidbury/biermann look good. I really like Biermann standing up
yes Baker started out on the 11-11....BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT after that Svitek started every single drill after that in LT.
- could this be the start of patt hill?
Konz was not a starter. but I look for this to change. he held great for Redmann.
Holmes was out there. but I kept missing him...sorry guys. but I was to happy to see Baker behind Svitek.
last note.....WTH? why in the world did they start VIP parking. I know how to walk another 100+ parking spots to get to my car. no one used it any ways. so people who showed up late park there. Also they need to stop people parking on the curb and crap. if they do not stop it, I'll just park at the gate and smile. it is not that I care someone parks ahead of me, it is the fact they block the road.
last last note. I love the one dollar food stand. love it love it love it.