Saints Have New Statue To Honor Their 'rebirth' Against Us.

* - - - - 1 votes Whaddya think?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
161 replies to this topic

#1 dzor22

dzor22

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

I think I've had enough of the Taints!

http://profootballta...atue-on-friday/

By Mike Florio:

'At a time when so much talk has been devoted to a statue that has gone down, it’s nice to talk about one that has gone up.
On Friday, the Saints privately will unveil their “Rebirth” statue, which captures the moment from September 2006 at which the Saints and New Orleans unofficially returned from a year lost to a hurricane. It’s an invitation-only event, with players and team executives and politicians present for the pulling of the sheet from the sculpture.
One man who can’t attend due to his bounty-related suspension previously has explained what the statue will look like.
“We’re working on, and have a long-term vision of a statue right there in Champions Square of [Steve Gleason] blocking that punt [against the Falcons],” Sean Payton said last year. “And it really represents more than the actual play itself. That play really represents what was the re-opening of the Superdome and the beginning of us kind of picking ourselves back off the mat as a city and getting back to what we know as a normal way of life.”
It was a Monday night moment anyone who experienced it, live or on TV, never will forget. After a rousing pre-game concert featuring U2 and Green Day, the Saints entered the building and then took the field and forced Mike Vick and company to punt and Gleason slid to his left and sprinted through a gaping hole untouched and blocked it and Curtis DeLoach recovered it and the Saints would go on to beat the favored Falcons and when does football start again because I have goosebumps'

#2 Mid-Nite-Toker

Mid-Nite-Toker

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

I hope we hit Brees so hard he pizzes and vomits on himself...getting back to what we know as a normal way of life.”

#3 danight

danight

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,132 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

I guess we should be honored they think that play vs us, was a reflection of when the state started rising up. But i guess that would also symbolize us as Katrina?

In any case it shows how important playing us is to them and actually solidifies us as their 1 true rival. Bucs, kitties get nothing... and we get a statue.

#4 ®Mickey Loomi§™

®Mickey Loomi§™

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,241 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

View Postdanight, on 26 July 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

I guess we should be honored they think that play vs us, was a reflection of when the state started rising up. But i guess that would also symbolize us as Katrina?

In any case it shows how important playing us is to them and actually solidifies us as their 1 true rival. Bucs, kitties get nothing... and we get a statue.
really?

#5 fibonacci

fibonacci

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,123 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

lol I love the top comment on that page.

Pretty amazing that in 5 years the Saints went from arguably America’s most loved team to arguably America’s most hated team.

#6 Gritz

Gritz

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,337 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostMid-Nite-Toker, on 26 July 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

I hope we hit Brees so hard he pizzes and vomits on himself...getting back to what we know as a normal way of life.”
Normal way of life in New Orleans=Cops Killing Other Cops, Termites Devouring Entire City, Urine and Vomit Freely Flowing Through Main Tourist Attraction.

#7 danight

danight

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,132 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostSuperSK, on 26 July 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

really?

Someone had to break the ice.....got you out of hiding :)

#8 A Pimp Named Slickback™

A Pimp Named Slickback™

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

To me this is the equivalent of the Jordan posters I had growing up. You NEVER want to be the guy getting dunked on in a poster shot...this is us getting dunked on in a poster shot..

#9 fibonacci

fibonacci

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,123 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

in all honesty this does not make me upset at all. Their place was in horrible condition. and this one game did bring them up. it helped the city feel a smile.

Yes it was against us. but I look at it as we gave them a smile.

--------
for all the haters of this. Grow up. there is nothing we can do about it. this city needed something to smile about. Sure we both hate this team, but get a heart.

----------------

In all honesty I think we lost that game on purpose. I 100% believe that. or maybe we were told to lose. Because that game was the biggest joke of all history. there was beyond so much crap. at times I even thought our D thought we were playing 2 hand touch.

#10 ~SEAMILL~

~SEAMILL~

The Hunt is On!

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

Love to hear Koenans thoughts on this.

#11 HASHBROWN3

HASHBROWN3

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostMid-Nite-Toker, on 26 July 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

This...

#12 Sun Tzu 7

Sun Tzu 7

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,341 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

When I remember that game I think about

1.  The Mora Falcons Teams tendency to quit when the going got tough.
2.  Everyone being waaaay too cool pubically about losing that game.

#13 HASHBROWN3

HASHBROWN3

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

All this crap is just political correctness nonsense...  The aints will be hated this year because they are who they are... a bunch of lying cheaters with no character... They were dishonest and never owned up to it... screw em...

#14 HASHBROWN3

HASHBROWN3

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

I can hardly wait to see the clips of dreamboat drew, all teared up at the unveiling...  katrina will never end folks...  I better stop I'm gettin all misty just thinking about it...

#15 Mid-Nite-Toker

Mid-Nite-Toker

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

View PostFibonacci, on 26 July 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

in all honesty this does not make me upset at all. Their place was in horrible condition. and this one game did bring them up. it helped the city feel a smile.

Yes it was against us. but I look at it as we gave them a smile.

--------
for all the haters of this. Grow up. there is nothing we can do about it. this city needed something to smile about. Sure we both hate this team, but get a heart.

----------------

In all honesty I think we lost that game on purpose. I 100% believe that. or maybe we were told to lose. Because that game was the biggest joke of all history. there was beyond so much crap. at times I even thought our D thought we were playing 2 hand touch.

Just call me the "Tin Man"...heartless when it comes to the Saints.

#16 danight

danight

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,132 posts

Im shocked they didn't make drew a statue.

#17 Falconjerome

Falconjerome

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

I remember that game like it was yesterday, they pretty much embarressed us there. However, it was the only time I was i felt good for that city/team, but, I wanted us to kick them while they were down. Oh well, we will this year for sure with Nolan!!!!

#18 danight

danight

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,132 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

I can already see the evil plot for the statue if its gonna be outside....... it might go something like this.

#19 razrtalon

razrtalon

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

This in the wake of a bounty scandal. Wiretapping investigation and isn't being involved: n the making and placing of a disrespectful statue having contact with the team in some fashion? They could've picked another sculpture. The city with the superdome prevalent with an iron worker a fireman and drew 100 million bayou breeze. Not the falcons kicker being blocked. Anyways happy the citizens of no and surrounding areas. Lotta friends in houma and tibadeaux.

#20 dzor22

dzor22

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

View Postdanight, on 26 July 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

I can already see the evil plot for the statue if its gonna be outside....... it might go something like this.

Dang thats awesome! HAHAHA (sick but awesome)