Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xx FaLcOhoLiC Xx

Colts Looking To Trade Freeney For Mid-Late Round Pick

28 posts in this topic

Theres noway we could fit him under the cap with out restructing a lot of deals and likley cutting Turner but it would be a great move if TD could pull it off

6th round pick next year, and he renegotiates for a Asante like deal, and I'd consider it.

I wouldn't only consider it, it's a done deal.

Interesting, I was just thinking about how all the Freeney talk had died down.

No way we can pull this off though.

If it can be restructured, then do it. Win now mode. The pass coverage is already improving with Lofa and Asante. Nolan working with the D-Line, Ray played with injuries last year and should be better this year, and maybe Dwight Freeney? All of that sounds ridiculous but dang that'd be crazy. Better pass rush and coverage.

"Unlike Samuel, we suspect Freeney is not willing to take a dramatic pay cut unless he received some serious long-term money."

It's his last payday. He isn't going to come cheap. This isn't going to happen.

Interesting, I was just thinking about how all the Freeney talk had died down.

No way we can pull this off though.

This time last week if someone told you we would get Samuel for a 7th round pick and to have him take a 30% cut in pay I am pretty sure you would say the same thing.

If a team gets desperate enough they will do things you would never think is possible.

This time last week if someone told you we would get Samuel for a 7th round pick and to have him take a 30% cut in pay I am pretty sure you would say the same thing.

If a team gets desperate enough they will do things you would never think is possible.

True.

I just don't know that lightning can strike twice in the same place.

True.

It's not over, it could strike three time in the same place.

If there is a way to do this for anywhere as low as a 6th and as high as a 2nd and you can afford it, you do it. Anybody saying otherwise is stupid.

Not so sure he wants to be in particularly atl that bad but I would love that. . . There's no way we can afford him. . If we could though I think Nolan would cry for sheer happiness.

True.

No question about that. I am sure SOME other team would offer more than we would but It never hurts to get on the phone.

A nickle Dline in pass rushing situations of Abe, Freeney, Edward and Babs or Peters with Spoon blitzing and Samuel and Moore patrolling the secondary????

Yikes

Not so sure he wants to be in particularly atl that bad but I would love that. . . There's no way we can afford him. . If we could though I think Nolan would cry for sheer happiness.

There is ALWAYS a way.

**** we could redo Ryans deal and come up with over half of the money needed,

If we redid Ryan's and Grimes than we would be able to come up with MORE then needed.

I doubt they will be able to trade him with 1 year at 14 mil left on his contract. He's not worth that at this point in his career.

I wouldn't only consider it, it's a done deal.

^^^^ says the guy who wanted to trade for asante with giving them a first next year and turner.

SMH

I doubt they will be able to trade him with 1 year at 14 mil left on his contract. He's not worth that at this point in his career.

No but he would be worth it if he would restructure for a 2 or 3 year deal