Harry Douglas To Stay A Falcon

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 tobyd77

tobyd77

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

According to a source channel 5 news announced that Douglas will sign new deal on tuesday.

#2 Deep2Roddy

Deep2Roddy

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

I hope this is true. Maybe we can finally utilize Harry's full talents.

#3 Mr. Lubba Lubbaİ

Mr. Lubba Lubbaİ

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Excellent news

#4 RYNE

RYNE

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,029 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

sounds good to me. He has shown some flashes of brilliance. I Want Harry Moved back to Punt Return, and I wouldn't mind seeing what he's got on Kick Return as well

#5 Chi City Falcon

Chi City Falcon

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

sounds good to me. He has shown some flashes of brilliance. I Want Harry Moved back to Punt Return, and I wouldn't mind seeing what he's got on Kick Return as well

I was thinking the same thing, HD at PR, every time weems fair caught a returnable kick. Douglas has the skillset to be dangerous in the slot and was 2nd behind gonzo in 3rd down drop %.

#6 Dem Birds

Dem Birds

AKA DemBirdsCanFly

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,051 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

I wasn't too worried, MM under utilized him too much for his value to be too high.

#7 falconsrus

falconsrus

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

All righty then now we gettin somewhere

#8 FalconJim

FalconJim

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

If this is true, I LIKE THE MOVE!!! HD has the potential to be a Wel Welker type player, if given the chance...

#9 findwaldo

findwaldo

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

If he resigns, which i hope, it will be one of the most underrated signings this year. HD83 can really thrive in the slot here.

#10 FalconsSD2

FalconsSD2

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

nice way to lock up ur wr core lets get this done them three used properly and TG scary!! +solidify the oline its gona be a fun season!!! We Dat!!

Edited by FalconsSD2, 13 March 2012 - 12:46 AM.

#11 krammmit

krammmit

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

I love this team. Harrys a great player and even better dude. Congrats Harry.

#12 The Dirty Bird

The Dirty Bird

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

I don't like the signing, but it's ok.

We are bringing back the under 28 year old players from our team that has been unable to win a playoff game. S DeCoud, WR Douglas, RB Snelling, DE Biermann. These are all good role players, but TD is decent at finding role players in the draft. We should have used that combined $8-10 million 1st year hit on those 4 and used it on a dominant player at a position we need. TD could have drafted another Harry Douglas in the 4th round or so round, same with Snelling, DeCoud, Biermann.

He can't draft a Mario Williams, LaRon Landry, Marques Colston (for the slot like with the Saints), Jared Gaither, Ben Grubbs, Carl Nicks, etc.

I'm not satisfied with our team from last year, so bringing all these guys back doesn't really make me that happy. People on these boards think Harry Douglas is an All-Star in waiting. He is going to be 28. He is what he is. Same for Thomas DeCoud. Same for Snelling. Fine role players, not going to get us any further than we got last year.

#13 k-train

k-train

Sonic Assassin

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:52 AM

I don't like the signing, but it's ok.

We are bringing back the under 28 year old players from our team that has been unable to win a playoff game. S DeCoud, WR Douglas, RB Snelling, DE Biermann. These are all good role players, but TD is decent at finding role players in the draft. We should have used that combined $8-10 million 1st year hit on those 4 and used it on a dominant player at a position we need. TD could have drafted another Harry Douglas in the 4th round or so round, same with Snelling, DeCoud, Biermann.

He can't draft a Mario Williams, LaRon Landry, Marques Colston (for the slot like with the Saints), Jared Gaither, Ben Grubbs, Carl Nicks, etc.

I'm not satisfied with our team from last year, so bringing all these guys back doesn't really make me that happy. People on these boards think Harry Douglas is an All-Star in waiting. He is going to be 28. He is what he is. Same for Thomas DeCoud. Same for Snelling. Fine role players, not going to get us any further than we got last year.

I tend to agree on Douglas. I still have no idea what everyone else sees in this guy. 1100 yards in 4 years and just 3 TDs?? Mularkey or not, if he was THAT good, he would still have better numbers than this. I 100% agree that we could have saved cap room AND gotten a younger player in the later rounds of the draft to take on the same role & be a more long-term fit. With Roddy, Julio, and Tony in front of him, I find it hard to believe Douglas is really going to be that much more involved than he was. I'd love to be wrong about this, but I just don't feel like bringing Douglas back is a good idea.

#14 niels petersen

niels petersen

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:36 AM

YES!!! Great news.. I love HD, and really hoped he would come back..

I'm really looking forward to see him play this season!

#15 newgafatboy

newgafatboy

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:03 AM

i,m so high in HD because hes our speed guy, he was showing how good he was a couple years ago, then he got hurt, was out for a year, came back on a repaired knee, and was under utalized. all you have to do is "watch film" on the guy. he is the one person on the team that can score from anywhere on the field on any play. go back and look at his punt return for a td, his catch across the middle last year for a td, one cut and he off to the races.

Edited by newgafatboy, 13 March 2012 - 06:04 AM.

#16 Flying Falcon

Flying Falcon

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 ltstorm2

ltstorm2

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,195 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:29 AM

i,m so high in HD because hes our speed guy, he was showing how good he was a couple years ago, then he got hurt, was out for a year, came back on a repaired knee, and was under utalized. all you have to do is "watch film" on the guy. he is the one person on the team that can score from anywhere on the field on any play. go back and look at his punt return for a td, his catch across the middle last year for a td, one cut and he off to the races.

Harry was underutilized but he isn't fast.

#18 THE ICEMAN

THE ICEMAN

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:33 AM

bad news more wasted money

i guessTD likes being 1 and done because he clearing no cap room for one just to sign anybody let alone a franchise type player in Mario Williams he11 we may miss the post srason as were also likley to lose lofton and Aba as well

#19 Durrtay

Durrtay

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

I like HD, so for me, this is a good move.

#20 Mr. Lubba Lubbaİ

Mr. Lubba Lubbaİ

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

bad news more wasted money

i guessTD likes being 1 and done because he clearing no cap room for one just to sign anybody let alone a franchise type player in Mario Williams he11 we may miss the post srason as were also likley to lose lofton and Aba as well

Please... can Mario play slot receiver? Can Mario play safety? Can Super Mario play backup FB and backup RB? What about MLB and LT too? Didn't think so. We can't have 15mil a year superstars at every skill position.

Edited by Twomey, 13 March 2012 - 08:50 AM.