Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Ryan=MAVERICK

Nooo! The Saints Got Spags!

108 posts in this topic

No

Nolan > Spags

Of course we'll say that now! We all know that spags was our #1 choice!! I'm sorry this is not a good thing for us. You throw that offense in w/ a Spags left defense. I refuse to be a blind homer..THIS IS BAD FOR OUR BIRDZ!

after all of those beat downs we got from the 49ers in the 80s and 90s, i was the biggest 49ers fan ever last saturday. Im pulling for them to go all the way and i really hope we lay a beat down on the saints next year and i hope its at the super dome

FalconJim likes this

Wow are we really gonna now act like Spags is worthless and Nolan is Buddy Ryan from '85??!! I love the Nolan hire but credit where it's due. The saints have the won coordinator hire competition...

I didn't want Spags, so I am okay with it. I question how someone could say the Falcons were outdone by the Saints on that.

I question them as well because Spags believes in getting to the Qb with the front 4 and the Saints front 4 is not capable of that.

Of course we'll say that now! We all know that spags was our #1 choice!! I'm sorry this is not a good thing for us. You throw that offense in w/ a Spags left defense. I refuse to be a blind homer..THIS IS BAD FOR OUR BIRDZ!

Um... I never said that I wanted Spags.

So I'm a blind homer because I don't agree with you?

As one article stated Nolan would be a better hire for Atlanta and Spags would be for New Orleans. I totally agree and look forward to the matchup.

FalconJim likes this

He wasn't mine. I said all along I preferred Nolan, and for that very reason -- we don't have a d-line to run Spags' preferred defense. That doesn't mean he wouldn't have improved ours vastly (he would have). It just means I think Nolan is a better scheme fit for us.

Uh, both teams targeted both guys. It stands to reason if one team hired one guy, the other team would hire the other guy, since we were the best two teams looking for new defensive coordinators.

Relax, dude.

Um... I never said that I wanted Spags.

So I'm a blind homer because I don't agree with you?

No...it's because you all are being a lil ridiculous w/ this whole "Spags who?" thing... The dude shut down Tom Brady in a super bowl. The Giants couldn't get it done before him, and didn't after (until now). Nolan's historically been a great coordinator, but I would personally give the edge to Spagnuolo. I MEAN LOOK WHAT HE DID TO BREES W/ THE RAMS DEFENSE!!!

Both teams got the right guy. There's no taking away from both coordinators just because one is on one team. Perfect fits. Just makes this rivalry so much better.

"I never wanted Spags" (nerdy voice)......... Hilarious that everyone is now claiming that... Anyway like most of you, I hope our D ends up being the better one. But you are a complete fool if you think the Saints D won't drastically improve w/ Spags making the calls....

No...it's because you all are being a lil ridiculous w/ this whole "Spags who?" thing... The dude shut down Tom Brady in a super bowl. The Giants couldn't get it done before him, and didn't after (until now). Nolan's historically been a great coordinator, but I would personally give the edge to Spagnuolo. I MEAN LOOK WHAT HE DID TO BREES W/ THE RAMS DEFENSE!!!

Even if the Falcons would have gotten Spags instead, I would have still said that Nolan was better but I could live with either one. I still would of wanted Nolan over Spags though.