What's Wrong With Just Admitting The Truth ?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#1 Bring It

Bring It

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

Plain and simple.
The Saints are just ...........a SUPERIOR franchise, a SUPERIOR coaching staff, a SUPERIOR team led by a QB from a different planet with skills so far above the average that it's difficult to critique the guy if you're a fan of another team. You just can't bring yourself to admire him or praise him in any way. That's understandable. It's human.

It's time to quit pretending that the Falcons can beat this team with the many shortcomings we have compared to them. I know, we always......................well, used to be always.................play them close, yada, yada, yada. What we have here is a HUGE imbalance of talent, skill, DESIRE, CONFIDENCE, and coaching. It's a simple fact. There's not a rug BIG enough to sweep these truths under any longer.

Not to worry. Life goes on.....................and the sun will come up in the morning.

Enjoy that life.

#2 Falco4

Falco4

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

we don't have any swagger in any facet of the game (offensive, defensive, special teams).  opponents can smell blood in the water.

#3 NateDogg1215

NateDogg1215

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

yeah you are right. lets just close up shop and move to Los Angeles. Posted Image

which would be awesome BTW, im from LA

#4 Peyton

Peyton

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,076 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

I agree the Saints are just better than the Falcons.  So are the Packers.  Sometimes that is the way that life goes.

Where I disagree with folks is that I don't think it means we need to fire everybody.

I'm still going to watch the playoffs.  The best team doesn't always win.

View PostNateDogg1215, on 27 December 2011 - 09:42 AM, said:

yeah you are right. lets just close up shop and move to Los Angeles. Posted Image

Atlanta would be getting what they deserve, to be honest.

#5 Bring It

Bring It

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

Well, ther ARE 30 other teams in the NFL, probably 27 or 28 we CAN beat on any given gameday.
We're good....................just not as good as the Saints.  Period.

#6 Mr Pickle1

Mr Pickle1

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

View PostPeyton, on 27 December 2011 - 09:45 AM, said:

I agree the Saints are just better than the Falcons.  So are the Packers.  Sometimes that is the way that life goes.

Where I disagree with folks is that I don't think it means we need to fire everybody.

I think it means we need to fire BVG.   The big wilt, as I like to call him.

#7 UKFalc

UKFalc

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,538 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:49 AM

Superior Franchise? No chance.

Superior Coaching Staff - Yes

Superior QB - Yes (But Matty is stil a very good QB, who could progress to the elite level)

Superior talent - Aside from Brees, no. The biggest issue, is that they utilise their talent much better than we do. Just look at the way they use Sproles (and previously used Bush) to create mismatches in the passing game - whereas we can't even run a screen pass with our most dangerous backs.

#8 Bring It

Bring It

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,442 posts

You are soooooo right, the best team doesn't always win, i.e. the Dolphins and Bills never winning a SB during their Haydays.

#9 NateDogg1215

NateDogg1215

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

I came to Atlanta to watch the Eagles game this year. And i was shocked out how many people didnt like the Falcons. I was like **** im coming all the way from LOS ANGELS.  Id give my left nut to be a local there and be able to be a season ticket holder.

#10 Peyton

Peyton

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,076 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

View PostUKFalc, on 27 December 2011 - 09:49 AM, said:

Superior QB - Yes (But Matty is stil a very good QB, who could progress to the elite level)

Superior talent - Aside from Brees, no. The biggest issue, is that they utilise their talent much better than we do. Just look at the way they use Sproles (and previously used Bush) to create mismatches in the passing game - whereas we can't even run a screen pass with our most dangerous backs.

The Saints signing Sproles was brilliant.  The Falcons can't use any player like him because they don't have any players like him.

#11 Bring It

Bring It

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:57 AM

View PostUKFalc, on 27 December 2011 - 09:49 AM, said:

To clarify, by Superior Franchise I meant their GM, Mickey Loomis. He is one sharp Dude and has done an almost flawless job in N.O. Just top notch.

#12 Objective Critic

Objective Critic

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

Sounds like a good idea. L.A. Falcons has a nice ring to it. But to be honest, I am not a local fan and could care less where the Falcons play. I just want the team to do well and the team as well as the fans to stop pretending that mediocre is enough.

#13 slamee101

slamee101

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,623 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

Gotta agree with the coaching comment.  As far as talent, I don't believe they're loaded with more talent...I think their staff gets more out of their players though.  Nothing wrong with admitting the truth, but this team with the current staff will continue to disappoint under the bright lights.

#14 Mid-Nite-Toker

Mid-Nite-Toker

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

The big myth on TATF is that N.O. and GB don't have glaring weaknesses.

The difference is that GB/NO coaching staff better prepares and coaches up the players they have.

We are over-matched against the upper echelon of coaches...that's the truth.

No shame in losing to the Saints/GB, shame how it happens.

#15 Bring It

Bring It

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:21 AM

View PostMid-Nite-Toker, on 27 December 2011 - 10:18 AM, said:

The difference is that GB/NO coaching staff better prepares and coaches up the players they have.

Very good point.

#16 slamee101

slamee101

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,623 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

Great point!  Quality coaching can overcome flaws.  People are mistaken in thinking that these teams are unstoppable juggernauts, etc.  and they're not.

#17 Objective Critic

Objective Critic

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

Coaches are outcoached, so I concur but you seem to be forgetting that the other teams have more talent also. Coaching can compensate for a lack of talent and talent can compensate for a lack of coaching.

The Falcons are not brimming with talent to which the coaches are holding back. The fact is the coaches work with what they have and their plans are vanilla because the talent on the team is vanilla also.

Edited by Objective Critic, 27 December 2011 - 10:28 AM.

#18 Thelonious Mingus

Thelonious Mingus

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

Hearing Saints and superior really rubs me the wrong way

#19 Mid-Nite-Toker

Mid-Nite-Toker

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:33 AM

View PostObjective Critic, on 27 December 2011 - 10:28 AM, said:

Coaches are outcoached, so I concur but you seem to be forgetting that the other teams have more talent also. Coaching can compensate for a lack of talent and talent can compensate for a lack of coaching.

The Falcons are not brimming with talent to which the coaches are holding back. The fact is the coaches work with what they have and their plans are vanilla because the talent on the team is also.

GB/NO defense are not that great.  We faced the Saints at home this year and they had plenty of injuries just like GB has/had.  Yet they

overcome it.  Lack of talent does not excuse the lack of discipline this team has shown in crucial moments in games this season.

#20 Gritz

Gritz

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,345 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

You're bringing the heat and the wisdom today Toker.......