Falcons New Orleans And Atlanta's Roles Are Reversed This Year.....exactly Reversed.

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Peyton

Peyton

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,298 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:13 PM

I haven't heard this mentioned, maybe it has been, but I was thinking about this today, and it's pretty crazy how the roles of Atlanta and New Orleans are exactly reversed compared to last year.

Last year the Saints trailed the Falcons by two games going into Week 16.

This year the Falcons trail the Saints by two games going into week 16 (Likely).

Last year the Saints needed to win a MNF game in Atlanta in week 16 to stay alive in the division.

This year the Falcons need to win a MNF game in New Orleans in week 16 to stay alive in the division.

Last year the Saints had to beat the Buccaneers in New Orleans to preserve their chances at the division.

This year the Falcons have to beat the Bucs in Atlanta (if we get the win in NO) to preserve the Falcons chances at winning the division.

Last year the Saints needed the Panthers to beat Atlanta in week 17 in order to have a chance at the division.

This year if the Falcons beat the Saints, they will be needing the Panthers to beat New Orleans in order to have a chance at the division.

Just found it interesting how the roles this year are EXACTLY reversed compared to last year. Let's hope the outcomes are different, except for the one where New Orleans is one and done in the playoffs.

Posted Image

#2 Aftermath

Aftermath

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,264 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

If a 7-9 team makes the playoffs I am going to cry.

#3 Falcon Moore

Falcon Moore

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,232 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

View PostAftermath, on 17 December 2011 - 10:19 PM, said:

I was about to say, if we lose to a 7-9 team in the playoffs that plays in the weakest division in the NFL, I'll go bonkers.

#4 paulitik

paulitik

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,889 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

It is eerily similar.

#5 Peyton

Peyton

AFMB Hall of Fame

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,298 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

LOL well the good news is that it's mathematically impossible.

There could be a 7-8-1 team though if the Cowboys and Giants were to tie, but that would take a Bucs comeback tonight.

#6 Robb4242

Robb4242

Thomas Dimitroff's newest intern

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,507 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

crazy stuff

#7 twright21

twright21

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,060 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:10 AM

View PostPeyton, on 17 December 2011 - 10:13 PM, said:

I haven't heard this mentioned, maybe it has been, but I was thinking about this today, and it's pretty crazy how the roles of Atlanta and New Orleans are exactly reversed compared to last year.

Last year the Saints trailed the Falcons by two games going into Week 16.

This year the Falcons trail the Saints by two games going into week 16 (Likely).

Last year the Saints needed to win a MNF game in Atlanta in week 16 to stay alive in the division.

This year the Falcons need to win a MNF game in New Orleans in week 16 to stay alive in the division.

Last year the Saints had to beat the Buccaneers in New Orleans to preserve their chances at the division.

This year the Falcons have to beat the Bucs in Atlanta (if we get the win in NO) to preserve the Falcons chances at winning the division.

Last year the Saints needed the Panthers to beat Atlanta in week 17 in order to have a chance at the division.

This year if the Falcons beat the Saints, they will be needing the Panthers to beat New Orleans in order to have a chance at the division.

Just found it interesting how the roles this year are EXACTLY reversed compared to last year. Let's hope the outcomes are different, except for the one where New Orleans is one and done in the playoffs.

Posted Image

This has been my sentiment for the last couple of weeks.  You could see it bubbling up.  That loss last year cost us a perfect record at home.  We have the chance to do the same to the Saints.  However, more importantly, that loss to the Saints poked a hole in our balloon at the wrong time of the year.  It was a small chink in the armor that was blown open by the Packers a couple of weeks later.  It's interesting that we have the same opportunity to do the same to them.  I'd love to beat them whether we win the division or not.  It puts doubt in their head and it puts confidence in ours.  We need a big road win to gear up for the playoffs.

#8 DirtyBirdsDirtyWords

DirtyBirdsDirtyWords

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

Mind boggling. Always quality topics from you man

#9 Tuggle'2

Tuggle'2

The Hammer!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,017 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

I saw a lot of the 7-9 posts. We will NOT lose to a Seattle team. They choke a lot to weak teams. Haha, when we choke its at least to good ones.

Figured I would edit so the small minded understand its the Aints I am speaking of.

Edited by Tuggle2000, 18 December 2011 - 02:13 AM.

#10 Sheerz

Sheerz

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:53 AM

hahahaha! what?!? pleazzee...

#11 Snowen

Snowen

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:04 AM

Yeh, there wont be a 7-9 team, but if Philly makes it at 8-8 and plays us first round, Im gonna sh^$ myself.. Vick is the one person I dont wanna face in the playoffs (well, maybe Rogers but we gota beat him eventually or we dont deserve this SB)

But like someone said, the Saints consistantly choke vs bad teams; they are an overrated team with good offensive playcalling and Brees.. take that away, and they are pretty average. We are solid enough in every aspect, and how many times have we lost in the past 4 years to bad teams? Only time I can think of, is Denver in 2008 and Tampa Bay this year. We always come out on top vs bad teams.

#12 Falcon Moore

Falcon Moore

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,232 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

Philly won't make the playoffs this year...seriously.

#13 BCEagleATLFalcon

BCEagleATLFalcon

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

View PostFalcan Moore, on 18 December 2011 - 03:26 AM, said:

Philly won't make the playoffs this year...seriously.

It's unlikely, but not entirely impossible.  If Philly wins out, and the Giants lose next week then beat the Cowboys in Week 17, Philly's in.

#14 nevesmetro

nevesmetro

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

View PostBCEagleATLFalcon, on 18 December 2011 - 05:22 PM, said:

It's unlikely, but not entirely impossible.  If Philly win outs, and the Giants lose next week then beat the Cowboys in Week 17, Philly's in.

They are 28-0 up today and as you said if they do win the last 2, they just need 2 results to go their way. They are still in it, even at 5-8.

Edited by nevesmetro, 18 December 2011 - 05:28 PM.

#15 Falcon Moore

Falcon Moore

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,232 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

View PostBCEagleATLFalcon, on 18 December 2011 - 05:22 PM, said:

It's unlikely, but not entirely impossible.  If Philly wins out, and the Giants lose next week then beat the Cowboys in Week 17, Philly's in (at least according to the analyst I just heard, who said if all three teams are 8-8, Philly will take it).
Philly won't go to the playoffs, though. I mean, I know it statistically possible, but it's also statistically possible that a miracle involving helicopters and large amounts of cash could occur, resulting in me being able to pay all my student loans off right this minute...not happening.

Edited by Falcan Moore, 18 December 2011 - 05:30 PM.

#16 Abe

Abe

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

The games between us are always my favorite.  They never fail to be a roller coaster of spectacular plays and emotion.  I look forward to beating the team we are built to win against.  It's our time Atlanta, rise up!