Dare I Say It?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 AngryBird1997

AngryBird1997

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

As frustrating as our loss was and the natural emotion to give up on the team, we're still in the playoff hunt. We're definitely not playing like a playoff team (dropped passes, overthrown passes, etc.) We still have a chance to get a wild card spot and with a few (unlikely) losses by the Saints a chance the still win the division.(I think)......My question.....

Do we root for the Saints to beat the Lions to give us a better shot at the wildcard spot?

(ouch, that hurt)

#2 rogueleadersf

rogueleadersf

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

At this point,yes....we need to focus on the wildcard....Saints will not meltdown and lose enough for us to take the division...

#3 Andre5000

Andre5000

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,482 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

View PostFALCONFAN1997, on 04 December 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

As frustrating as our loss was and the natural emotion to give up on the team, we're still in the playoff hunt. We're definitely not playing like a playoff team (dropped passes, overthrown passes, etc.) We still have a chance to get a wild card spot and with a few (unlikely) losses by the Saints a chance the still win the division.(I think)......My question.....

Do we root for the Saints to beat the Lions to give us a better shot at the wildcard spot?

(ouch, that hurt)
  LOL.. i feel bad cheering for Green Bay right now as well. I hate Green Bay and i used to live in NYC and hate cheering against the G-Men

#4 Bier-fann

Bier-fann

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

Yeah we will be lucky to be a wild card. We need the dominant teams to win they games they are supposed to since we can not in order to make the playoffs on our own merit. I dont like the idea of limping into the playoffs or making by default, but I dont want the Browns to get too high of a pick in rd 1 nd 4. Also I want to atleast see if we can win one playoff game.

#5 PSSSHHHRRR87

PSSSHHHRRR87

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

This is a hard game for me to take sides on.  With the Bears losing and the Giants facing the Packers, I think we are still okay if either wins.  Would benefit us more if Saints win, but if Lions win, then we still have a shot at division.  Just gotta destroy the Carolina Newton's next week and we will be a wild card for sure...

#6 AngryBird1997

AngryBird1997

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

View Postrogueleadersf, on 04 December 2011 - 06:08 PM, said:

At this point,yes....we need to focus on the wildcard....Saints will not meltdown and lose enough for us to take the division...

I think thats the route that I'm going to focus on....This was not a good day for football except for maybe the Chicago loss.....Maybe the Falcons will wake the F**K up, realize they could have won most of the games they lost and play to their full potential now and through the playoffs.

#7 foreverfalcon

foreverfalcon

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

View PostBier-fann, on 04 December 2011 - 06:13 PM, said:

Yeah we will be lucky to be a wild card. We need the dominant teams to win they games they are supposed to since we can not in order to make the playoffs on our own merit. I dont like the idea of limping into the playoffs or making by default, but I dont want the Browns to get too high of a pick in rd 1 nd 4. Also I want to atleast see if we can win one playoff game.
You're
REALLY worried about the Browns and their draft pick right now...???Posted Image

#8 Butudontseeme™

Butudontseeme™

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

This team needs to focus on winning and not on what other teams are doing. We do not need to lose another game this year. PERIOD.

#9 Falcon Moore

Falcon Moore

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,291 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:18 PM

We're easily getting a wildcard, it's the postseason that concerns me.

#10 falconfanEST1989

falconfanEST1989

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:18 PM

to be honest i dont think it reall matters... i hate to say it but this team doesnt scare anyone and i dont think they make it out the first round of the playoffs anyway...

#11 mattyicefalcon

mattyicefalcon

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

if we are going to continue the way we are playing ....I rather have someone desrving team take our spot & move forward.

I really feel for Tony G ...yet again this year his dream on winnning a playoff game is coming to close to getting shattered.

I sincerely hope ....I am wrong.

#12 E. T.

E. T.

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

Im not buying into this team this season! To make the playoffs and implode will be too embarassing like last season. A more deserving team should go....Im very disappointed with all the inconsistancies and im afraid its in the Falcons DNA since 1966!

WHY LORD....WHY!!!??

#13 A-TowN.-

A-TowN.-

Move amongst shadows

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

Packers were hoping to get a wildcard spot this time last year and they barely made it in. Now look at them. They had slumps like we are having now. We are losing close games. It's not like we are getting destroyed. Man y'all are so negative