Warning: Roddy White Acting Like A Disgruntled Player

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 falconsfaninfresno

falconsfaninfresno

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

1. Fits of anger
2. Doing things he knows will cost the team
3. Dropping simple passes

Something is brewing but I hope it blows over soon.  Better yet I hope Im wrong.

#2 YoungHeezy

YoungHeezy

G.O.A.T

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,237 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

WTF does he have to be disgruntled about?

#3 AmaZze

AmaZze

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Someone has to take over the diva WR role since TO isn't coming back.

#4 mattyicefalcon

mattyicefalcon

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts

I agree 100% ....there's something about him off the field which is causing this.

To me, he's a cancer to this football team.

Sooner we contain him better we will be.

#5 madman88

madman88

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

i would be mad too if im not even the focal point of the passing game now, and my QB cnt get me the ball accuratly, and im making dumb penalties... its a collection of a bunch of things that got roddy having a bad year so far... ryan needs to find roddy more, you cnt wait till the end of the half and sprinkle him in here and there... roddy has dissappeard in this offense and its not all his fault..

#6 Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

View PostYoungHeezy, on 13 November 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

WTF does he have to be disgruntled about?
Not having someone to reliably deliver a catchable ball.

#7 YoungHeezy

YoungHeezy

G.O.A.T

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,237 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

View PostMr 3 and Out, on 13 November 2011 - 08:23 PM, said:

Yeah..guess he threw those 115 catches to himself last year.

Or on second thought..all 115 were spot on passes that he made no adjustments to catch. Kudos to Matt Ryan for that

#8 Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

View PostYoungHeezy, on 13 November 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

Yeah..guess he threw those 115 catches to himself last year
funny how ryanettes are always looking evidence that is years old. how come were always using old stats to justify his performance this year? ryan has NOT gotten roddy the ball reliably or accurately whatsoever this year. roddy has had some drops but lets not forget how often he covers matts mistakes. nobody says anything when he catches a bad ryan pass but when one gets tipped and picked, its all roddys fault even though hes not hit in stride. bravo sierra

#9 CHOCTHEFALCONFAN™

CHOCTHEFALCONFAN™

DIEHARDFALCONFAN!!

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

If he keeps having games like this...he needs to go!

#10 DavyDmx

DavyDmx

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

View Postfalconsfaninfresno, on 13 November 2011 - 08:14 PM, said:

1. Fits of anger
2. Doing things he knows will cost the team
3. Dropping simple passes

Something is brewing but I hope it blows over soon.  Better yet I hope Im wrong.
I agree that Roddy is having a down year offensively and his drops are becoming very costly but he tends to rebound the next game. He needs to let his game do the talking for now on and stop committing the stupid penalties like the ones that cost us today.

#11 IronBallsMcGinty

IronBallsMcGinty

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

Idiotic.

#12 BCEagleATLFalcon

BCEagleATLFalcon

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

View PostMr 3 and Out, on 13 November 2011 - 08:26 PM, said:

funny how ryanettes are always looking evidence that is years old. how come were always using old stats to justify his performance this year? ryan has NOT gotten roddy the ball reliably or accurately whatsoever this year. roddy has had some drops but lets not forget how often he covers matts mistakes. nobody says anything when he catches a bad ryan pass but when one gets tipped and picked, its all roddys fault even though hes not hit in stride. bravo sierra

In the "real world," just because a co-worker of mine is not performing well does not give me an excuse to follow suit.  Why shouldn't that be true in football?

I, for one, think it's completely fair to say that Matt has thrown some terrible balls to Roddy this year.  Some have been LITERALLY uncatchable (out-of-bounds) when Roddy ran a nice route and was open.

But when a ball hits you in your hands, well, you just gotta bring that down if you call yourself a Pro Bowl WR.  And in two division match-ups, Roddy has failed to do that.

Ryan has all sorts of issues this year, I'm not disputing that.  But that does not excuse Roddy from dropping potential game-winners.

#13 paulitik

paulitik

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,643 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

Yeah,  how terrible it must be to have a qb who throws a ball that hits you right in the hands. You're an idiot.

#14 nomak

nomak

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

View Postmadman88, on 13 November 2011 - 08:22 PM, said:

i would be mad too if im not even the focal point of the passing game now, and my QB cnt get me the ball accuratly, and im making dumb penalties... its a collection of a bunch of things that got roddy having a bad year so far... ryan needs to find roddy more, you cnt wait till the end of the half and sprinkle him in here and there... roddy has dissappeard in this offense and its not all his fault..

HE DROPPED THE WINNING TD PASS!!!!  HE DID THE SAME THING IN TAMPA BAY!!!  THE SOOMER WE TRADER THIS DIVA THE BETTER!!!  HE WAS THE ONE RUNNING HIS MOUTH SAYING "We want get beat by the Saints."  Screw him........trade him!!

#15 Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Mr. 0-2 aka Top Ramen

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

View PostBCEagleATLFalcon, on 13 November 2011 - 08:32 PM, said:

In the "real world," just because a co-worker of mine is not performing well does not give me an excuse to follow suit.  Why shouldn't that be true in football?

I, for one, think it's completely fair to say that Matt has thrown some terrible balls to Roddy this year.  Some have been LITERALLY uncatchable (out-of-bounds) when Roddy ran a nice route and was open.

But when a ball hits you in your hands, well, you just gotta bring that down if you call yourself a Pro Bowl WR.  And in two division match-ups, Roddy has failed to do that.

Ryan has all sorts of issues this year, I'm not disputing that.  But that does not excuse Roddy from dropping potential game-winners.
I agree about the game winner 100 percent but my problem is the folks blaming the int on him as well when that was a horribly thrown ryan pass that roddy catches 9 out of 10 times. this was that tenth time he couldn't cover ryans errant throw thats all. nobody notices ryans bad passes when theyre caught so everybody acts like hes super qb.

#16 YoungHeezy

YoungHeezy

G.O.A.T

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,237 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

View PostMr 3 and Out, on 13 November 2011 - 08:26 PM, said:

He's a reciever. Receivers catch passes. In a perfect world every pass would be perfect

#17 tobyd77

tobyd77

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

Roddy is proven that he is what the Falcons know he is and that is a possession receiver.say what you will but a #1 gets open don't matter who is covering him.Falcons knew what they were doing when they got Julio and that was they needed a #1 replacement for Roddy.Douglas is actually making a statement when he takes over for Julio that he is that #2 not a slot receiver that job belongs to Meiers who will be completely ready to go next year.I'm very interested in seeing what the Falcons do in the off season.Don't know if you all have noticed but it looks as though Matt is throwing to anyone that is in that #2 receiving role as Julio and Douglas have proven to have been better options for Matt as Tony has been also.I since jealousy is eating away at Roddy that is effecting his play.Smitty and crew have made it clear that this is Julio's team and are also coming for Turner with Rogers.We think that the Falcons are trying to be more like Rogers and company I'm seeing more Eagles.They want speed and they have it as I don't see Turner being that guy as of next season as Rogers may be getting a major role next season as I see that role expanding as the season goes on.I look for the Falcons to use this season to really see what they have in Matt, Julio, and Rogers.

#18 BCEagleATLFalcon

BCEagleATLFalcon

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

View PostMr 3 and Out, on 13 November 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

I agree about the game winner 100 percent but my problem is the folks blaming the int on him as well when that was a horribly thrown ryan pass that roddy catches 9 out of 10 times. this was that tenth time he couldn't cover ryans errant throw thats all. nobody notices ryans bad passes when theyre caught so everybody acts like hes super qb.

I don't think he's super QB ... and, contrary to popular belief, I never have.  I think he's an excellent, passionate leader with heart and work ethic in spades and a solid QB who plays his best ball with the game on the line.  I have always thought he has a weak deep ball but that he's deadly accurate on the intermediate throws, and don't understand what's happening with the latter this year.

That was a poorly thrown pass to Roddy on the tipped INT, and while Roddy could have come down with it, I'm not really faulting Roddy on that one, particularly since it didn't spell the end for us.

I DO fault Roddy for the final play, as it appears you do too.  Like I said, Matt plays a h*ll of a hurry-up imo and he had us in position to win that game.  Roddy just has to catch that, no matter what you think of Ryan.

#19 madman88

madman88

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

View PostYoungHeezy, on 13 November 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

Yeah..guess he threw those 115 catches to himself last year.

Or on second thought..all 115 were spot on passes that he made no adjustments to catch. Kudos to Matt Ryan for that
that was last year, not now, and now he has his passes going up down behind everywhere but wherel its suppose to be.. the WR job is to catch it, its the QB job to deliver a catchable ball, (ball placement)

#20 tobyd77

tobyd77

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

Roddy has never been that guy as he just started catching the ball in 2007.he is not a #1 they find ways to get open and don't disappear during long stretches in a game guys.think about some of # best #1s out there and he is not one of them.he is not getting open and I believe that the real problem that I'm seeing is that he is not fitting in the Falcons grand scheme of things when it comes to explosive plays.this is why he is not getting the ball because of his lack of yards after the catch guys.The Falcons are trying to see what they have and don't have and I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons put White on the trading block as he is a possession receiver guys.Julio and Douglas are the #1 and #2 and Rogers the speedy and shifty back.There is a SuperBowl team in all of this guys.Roddy is frustrated because he Matt is doing what Smitty and staff are saying they want and that is explosive plays.Despite what you are seeing the Falcons are producing just that and it is just a matter of time before they put it together in a 60 minute game.YAC guys is what  the Falcons are looking for and when White gets the ball he does not produce that and they know that.They saw the writing on the wall last season when he was not getting open.Notice when harry and Julio get that ball after the catch how fast they continue moving in stride with the ball.that is why Douglas had a few drop not because he can't catch even Julio dropped a few as i believe that his hammy was bothering him and he may miss some games again.