Here's Why I Think The Falcons Win Against The Saints In The Ga Dome Today.

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 falconidae

falconidae

IN DIMTROFF I TRUST

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,695 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

Lots of reasons.

Saints are a tired, beat up team- this is their 6th road game and they haven't had a bye. Haven't been a great road team this year.

Vilma is out- heart and soul of their D.Saint's fans claim Dunbar is playing better, but ask them if they'd rather have a healthy Vilma over Dunbar.

Saints secondary is short handed.

Even when healthy, Saints D is poor against the run.

Last 6 games, Saints have played two 0 win teams,two 2 win teams, and Tampa twice- and lost two of those games.

Saints offense stats are inflated not only because of playing the six teams I mentioned, but because of playing GB & Chi as well- two teams in the bottom of the pass defense rankings.

This means they inflate their stats one week and crash the next- 236 yards rushing one week, and 70 yards the next.

Falcons started slowly because they had as many changes as the Eagles, without all the media attention. Two new Olinemen, Two new Dlinemen, new WR, two new faces in the secondary. Took it all awhile to gel- esp. the Dline.

This is the best D that the falcons have had in the Smith era- Spoooooon and peters are playing at a much higher level than last year.

the O with Jones has a dimension it hasn't had for a awhile.

As always, it boils down to the lines. STL showed that the NO Oline just isn't what it once was, Bucs couldn't take advantage of that because McCoy went down early.

Falcons can- Babs & Peters are the keys here, along with Jerry & Walker in back up roles. Pressure Brees up the middle and he'll throw you some picks. Falcons missed on 7-8 sacks on Brees last year, won't miss this year.

Falcons are 7th against the run on D- in their 3 losses, Saints haven't run well. That trend will continue.

Falcons Oline is giving Ryan more time, he's developing a rapport with Jones and they still have Turner.

Falcons are going to control both LOS and win the game. Saints will make some plays because Brees is Brees, but he can't make plays from the ground.

#2 vabchbirdlover

vabchbirdlover

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

My  thinking would be the upward play of the defense. Seems they are peaking at the right time. That, and I think MR will take advantage of Saints defensive injuries and put together 4 solid qtrs.

#3 falconidae

falconidae

IN DIMTROFF I TRUST

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,695 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:40 AM

View Postvabchbirdlover, on 13 November 2011 - 08:34 AM, said:

My  thinking would be the upward play of the defense. Seems they are peaking at the right time. That, and I think MR will take advantage of Saints defensive injuries and put together 4 solid qtrs.
Think the Falcons will be able to run AND pass against the Saints. Should be a fun game.

#4 vabchbirdlover

vabchbirdlover

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

View Postfalconidae, on 13 November 2011 - 08:40 AM, said:

Think the Falcons will be able to run AND pass against the Saints. Should be a fun game.
Don't forget the oblgatory ints Mole Boy is sure to serve up.Posted Image

#5 falconidae

falconidae

IN DIMTROFF I TRUST

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,695 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:01 AM

View Postvabchbirdlover, on 13 November 2011 - 08:51 AM, said:

Don't forget the oblgatory ints Mole Boy is sure to serve up.
Did mention it alreadyPosted Image

Think it could actually get ugly for the saints today.

#6 Falcan Moore

Falcan Moore

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

Mmm. I sure hope it does.

#7 Carl927

Carl927

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

I think this game will boil down to which Saints road team shows up in Atlanta.

Will it be the one we beat by a field goal, or will it be the one we beat by two touchdowns?

That's the question.

#8 Butudontseeme™

Butudontseeme™

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,716 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

I'm ready to see Matt Ryan put together a complete game. I hope it happens today. If he does and the defense continues to improve, the falcons will win.

#9 just-in-case

just-in-case

Rookie

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

bump........is it 1 o'clock yet.....can't wait...................WHAT DO FALCONS DO

#10 vabchbirdlover

vabchbirdlover

Veteran Falcon

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

View Postjust-in-case, on 13 November 2011 - 09:53 AM, said:

bump........is it 1 o'clock yet.....can't wait...................WHAT DO FALCONS DO
RISE UP BABY!

#11 Xx FaLcOhoLiC Xx

Xx FaLcOhoLiC Xx

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

Should be an easy win today i'm hopin. Offense needs to stay focused and to our roots.. RUN THE FOOTBALL to set up the playaction. Defense needs to shut down Moore and Graham.. NO BLOWN COVERAGE!

#12 DrewBreeess

DrewBreeess

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

View Postfalconidae, on 13 November 2011 - 08:18 AM, said:

Lots of reasons.

Saints are a tired, beat up team- this is their 6th road game and they haven't had a bye. Haven't been a great road team this year.

Vilma is out- heart and soul of their D.Saint's fans claim Dunbar is playing better, but ask them if they'd rather have a healthy Vilma over Dunbar.

Last 6 games, Saints have played two 0 win teams,two 2 win teams, and Tampa twice- and lost two of those games.

Saints offense stats are inflated not only because of playing the six teams I mentioned, but because of playing GB & Chi as well- two teams in the bottom of the pass defense rankings.

This means they inflate their stats one week and crash the next- 236 yards rushing one week, and 70 yards the next.

Falcons started slowly because they had as many changes as the Eagles, without all the media attention. Two new Olinemen, Two new Dlinemen, new WR, two new faces in the secondary. Took it all awhile to gel- esp. the Dline.

This is the best D that the falcons have had in the Smith era- Spoooooon and peters are playing at a much higher level than last year.

As always, it boils down to the lines. STL showed that the NO Oline just isn't what it once was, Bucs couldn't take advantage of that because McCoy went down early.

Falcons can- Babs & Peters are the keys here, along with Jerry & Walker in back up roles. Pressure Brees up the middle and he'll throw you some picks. Falcons missed on 7-8 sacks on Brees last year, won't miss this year.

Falcons are 7th against the run on D- in their 3 losses, Saints haven't run well. That trend will continue.

Falcons Oline is giving Ryan more time, he's developing a rapport with Jones and they still have Turner.

Falcons are going to control both LOS and win the game. Saints will make some plays because Brees is Brees, but he can't make plays from the ground.
Good post.Nothing like a 3 game winning streak to pump up the fan base. Not even the fact that 2 of those wins have been against the Colts and the Panthers. It should be a great game. The way the Saints have played on the road this season does worry me. A ball control O can beat the Saints.Turner running the ball and Ryan short passing down the field could mean trouble. If the Saints can run the ball early, things will open up for Brees.I'll stick with Saints,31-30. Should be a great game. Anyone on either side saying it should be an "easy win" is lost in homerland.

#13 TorrisATL

TorrisATL

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,636 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

Don't knock the Panthers. They have been in every game and are no longer pushovers. While the Saints almost lost to them we beat them by the largest margin. Even larger than the Packers.

#14 DavyDmx

DavyDmx

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:58 AM

View PostDrewBreeess, on 13 November 2011 - 10:46 AM, said:

Good post.Nothing like a 3 game winning streak to pump up the fan base. Not even the fact that 2 of those wins have been against the Colts and the Panthers. It should be a great game. The way the Saints have played on the road this season does worry me. A ball control O can beat the Saints.Turner running the ball and Ryan short passing down the field could mean trouble. If the Saints can run the ball early, things will open up for Brees.I'll stick with Saints,31-30. Should be a great game. Anyone on either side saying it should be an "easy win" is lost in homerland.
Your team lost to the winless Rams but I do agree with you about this match up being another close game (I don't agree with your score prediction however: Falcons 35 Aint's 17).

#15 falcndave

falcndave

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

I think Vilma is the biggest factor.  They have to control the run game with 7 consistently. If we can consistently get 3 or 4 up the gut it is going to be a longer day than most think for the Saints.

None of you want to think about this, but I think our best approach is to run it on 1st and 2nd down for 4 quarters reguardless of results.  If we stay true, we will break them down. We just will.

Even down by 14 in the second half I'm pounding the rock. We have them outmanned. We can pound it longer than they can muster up special efforts to stop it. Eventually those 3 yard struggles become 20 yard gashes.

I don't feel we can just pound it on everyone. However, the Saints are  a team that have proven they can't stand up to a grinding attack. We must exploit that more than ever with Vilma watching.

#16 DrewBreeess

DrewBreeess

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:50 AM

View PostDavyDmx, on 13 November 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

but I do agree with you about this match up being another close game : Falcons 35 Aint's 17).
make up your mind.

#17 JG80

JG80

Rookie

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

View Postfalconidae, on 13 November 2011 - 08:18 AM, said:

Lots of reasons.

Spot on, I'd say

#18 JG80

JG80

Rookie

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

View Postvabchbirdlover, on 13 November 2011 - 08:51 AM, said:

Don't forget the oblgatory ints Mole Boy is sure to serve up.Posted Image
Absolutely. You have a future guessing people's weight at the carnival.
30-43 322 2-0

#19 Jmbd302

Jmbd302

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

You are a modern day Nostradamus !  :)

#20 JG80

JG80

Rookie

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

View Postfalconidae, on 13 November 2011 - 09:01 AM, said:

Did mention it alreadyPosted Image

Think it could actually get ugly for the saints today.

Without a doubt. Ugly yes.

Alright, got a joke for you guys.

Knock knock
who's there

can't get 4rth and inches
cant get 4rth and inches who?

cant get 4rth and inches Falcunts suck!

Edited by JG80, 13 November 2011 - 06:49 PM.